Hose cuff glue?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
NO..no..no!
Get a tube of 3M weatherstrip adhesive at any autoparts store.......get the black ..never get the yellow and use sparingly...yor welcome

Didn't work for this adapter I cobbled to add 2.5" to the end of my hose reel.
20160421_154615.jpg
20160421_154755.jpg
20160422_093411.jpg

Anybody have a better idea?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ohh my god ...wtf tol you to use the whole frickin tube....
furthermore that IS NOT 3M weatherstrip adhesive unless they changed the tube in the last week or so.....

i thought this was the big kids class......

Reactions: Jimmy L

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
ohh my god ...wtf tol you to use the whole frickin tube....
furthermore that IS NOT 3M weatherstrip adhesive unless they changed the tube in the last week or so.....

i thought this was the big kids class......

#1. That is certainly 3M black weatherstrip adhesive.

#2. I used a little bit and it didn't hold worth a darn. Once it came apart I used a bunch more, obviously still didn't hold.

#3. I think I killed about 10% of my brain cells. The solvents in this stuff are crazy.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think the problem is there isI too much tension as you wrap it around your hose reel. I am just talking about my cuffs not coming loose as they are in use laying on the floor. You probably need to epoxy that if you are going to abuse it on such a short stretch.

Reactions: D Luke

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I run with nothing and have no issues. Give them a twist every few jobs and keep them tight. I frequentky change ends to adapt for each job not to mention flash cuffs break easily and it makes it easier to change them.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Brad Gouveia
you know they make an adapter for flash cuffs that takes it down from 2.5 to 2"... Was not sure if you know or were just being cheap. The adapter works very well after you get it in all the way (do not glue the adpater it is too tight. I can post a picture later if you want.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
you know they make an adapter for flash cuffs that takes it down from 2.5 to 2"... Was not sure if you know or were just being cheap. The adapter works very well after you get it in all the way (do not glue the adpater it is too tight. I can post a picture later if you want.

I looked and thought a lot about it. I really couldn't find anything from them that would accomplish exactly what my homemade adapter does.

Has to connect a 2" male with a 2.5" female. If you know of a better way, please let me know.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Just like so.

20160429_125018.jpg

Can't believe the first one I made is still hanging in there. Not for much longer I'm sure.

Is there a way to do exactly this with stock parts?

FredC

Village Idiot
Not really familiar with the fancy cuffs...but couldn't you use the 2.5 connector and reducer to a 2" female?

fancycuffs.jpg

Reactions: Clean Response
Name
Brad Gouveia
IMG_1927.JPG

The top is 2.5 the bottom is 2.

They may have changed it since I bought one and went with what Fred shows. Mine I did not use the gray barbed piece it is a black piece that is threaded and I thread on the male flash cuff. I think they have changed it since I did mine 6-7 years ago.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I had an AH212 on hand and thought at first it had some potential:

20160429_193428.jpg

but I really don't think so.

It's made for truckmount ports, and I don't see anything short of a 10-ton press getting it internally into 2.5" vac hose.

Maybe I should try to get an AH213 (though apparently they've been discontinued) then a short section of 2" to go from male to female.

I'm not a genius by any means, but I've sketched this out and I can't think of a better way.

Yes I want all male point towards the job. 2.5" section is first off, last on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom