hose question

steve g

Name
steve garrett
admiralclean said:
I wonder if it's really not a heat issue? I bet those who are having problems are those who think high heat is a necessity? May be the fact that my #3 Little Giant heater just puts out marginal heat is the reason for my success with the Goodyear hose.

Of course, I haven't heard any Butler folks who have the high heat option complaining. Does Butler put Goodyear hose on their units, or do they use the plastic hose? I think Butler owners may be a better gauge of what is necessary (those that have the high heat option)regarding solution hose use and high heat than a Vortex owner would be, or any other bulletin board poster who runs high heat, simply because the average Butler owner may be less affected by the bulletin board hype regarding heat and TM pimping.

actually I run a smaller unit a bridgepoint saber, which is the same as a PC legend, not a fire breather by any stretch. just wait black death will find you

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
point being................everything will give out sooner or later........

just stay on top of you equipment and you can minimize a lot of head aches........

I stay on mine buy replacing it once a year..........I don't want to put expensive parker on mine because we have desert rock landscaping and most hoses just get tore up.......no matter how careful I am.........and I like the fresh clean look every year...

apparently 3/8 will not make enough difference to worry about it...

aside from greenie sounding like he just violated me.......I'm good with the 1/4 inch

thanks for the help

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the guy I bought my truck from ran 3/8.
The only reason I changed to 1/4 is more convenience in buying the quick connects and the 3/8 was more awkward to handle and much heavier.
Other than that, no other difference. The 3/8 QD will flow more too. Its the QD's that cause the restriction, not the hose.

GRHeacock

When my original hose on my Ballweber died after about 5 years, I went to a hydraulic hose supplier and he recommended the Weatherhead brand.

That was about 1990. Never had a problem with it, my son is still using it.

In my opinion, you cannot beat 20 years with the same hose.

So... I say forget the Goodyear, even the Parker, and go for the Weatherhead.

It is labeled along the side- 300 degrees at 3000 psi.

And my opinion on the 3/8 vs the 1/4, is- you can only get so much water through the smallest size, so mixing 3/8 and 1/4 is a waste.

Gary

Denny S

we changed all our solutions lines to Tornado on both our Vortex's and in less than 5 months 800 ft has failed us the crimped ends blew off ever one of them
so we put back on the Goodyear and haven't had one blow on us also on the vortex's you have to take all the solution lines off the reel so they do degrade from the inside from the extreme heat since doing that no problems
Denny S

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Why don't we just ask Ron, he must be up to 48 flow by now.LOL. I agree with the Parflex. 199.00 shipped from Joe Bristor.

clean one

i have replace my lead hose to the blue good year hose some yrs ago, my other gray hoses are the ones that came with my machine over 4400
hrs ago

hogjowl

Idiot™
steve g said:
actually I run a smaller unit a bridgepoint saber, which is the same as a PC legend, not a fire breather by any stretch. just wait black death will find you

If you'll go back in this thread and real my earlier posts, you'll see where I have already admitted to having to replace my 200' of
Goodyear hose due to "black death", and that I went to Parker hose once a few years ago because of the black death. I found the plastic hose to be more trouble than it's worth due to the coiling issues with it, and replacing the Goodyear every 2 years is not that big of an issue with me.

As I said earlier, and Jim has said too, replacing components is just part of running a good business.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The old Parker was pretty stiff, but the blue is not bad at all.

My tech's bitched a little too but when I explained why we switched, they had experienced enough Black Death problems to understand.

It softens up after use to where there is really not that big a difference.

If I were only replacing a few sections a year I might do as you do.

But it would cost me several thousand a year for hose, that just shouldn't need replaced that soon. :?

I don't think it's a high heat issue, we don't run much more than 200-degrees.

Our Butlers have a rubber lined hose so you don't get black death with them, just hose that gets cooked by heat and degrades over time.

I'm curious to see how it holds up with the high heat on our new butler.
:?:

Greenie

"Of course, I haven't heard any Butler folks who have the high heat option complaining."

Actually, ever since Butler released the 250º Max Heat option, we have a steady stream of butler owners seeking a solution to their failing hoses.

It's my theory, that it's not just the rubber core of a GoodYear hose breaking down that causes black death (although chemistry and heat do leech out the plasticizers in the rubber making it dry and brittle), it's a combination of the outer jacket getting nicked, the steel braid rusting from contamination, water working it's way all around the hose in various places, the black vinyl bend restrictors trapping the radiating heat at the hose ends and not really accomplishing their intended mission of bend restriction, which allows the steel braid to flex and crack and be prone to a failure.

I do also have a theory that older hoses were simply made better, even if they were GoodYear Ineptune, but we are caught up in this cheaper society of disposable products, so few pay attention to quality over price.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I you really want to help, Green Bean, find out if that hose Gary recommends is truly functional, or if it's like that Bio-Kleen stuff he hawks.

Greenie

I could keep looking, but for now I'm happy with the BLUE hose we have private labeled, just don't coil it up on a tiny arbor reel like on a Butler. Normal Prochem style reels do just fine with it, and it will last for many years to come, the miracle of a nylon core.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Acid rinses do a job on them...

There was a past neirc member that ran 1000 psi and a acid rinse...

Gave Butler loads of problems...

He used to post tech tips for cleanfax about 15 years ago...

But thank god the legend in his own mind,lost his business years ago...

A big pompous twit ...

I did a home he once cleaned,that previously took 6 DAYS TO DRY...

agggghhhh...THE HACKS ARE EVERY WHERE...

Sorry to derail thread...

But thankfully as of now,never the black death...phew...

Now bolt cutters by jealous carpet cleaners...ya...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom