HOW important do you THINK you are to your customers?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Sad fact is not very.
Even if you've known them for years if something happened to you they would just find someone else.

I was cleaning this ladies house the other day.
I gave her a few business cards to give to her friends and while we were talking she went over to the trash can with out thinking and threw them away.

I said "Did you just throw my cards away?"

She said , "I'm so sorry!" She didn't even go and get them out.

I said, "At least you could have waited till I left"

She said , "What ever"

I will now raise her prices next time she calls.
No more 2 rooms and hall for $39.95
And I'll raise my stair prices to $1.50 per step.
Might even charge her for the FREE plain label scotchgard.

F

FB7777

most owner operators think they are so important that they have to perform every job themselves

I don't know how the other 10,000 carpet cleaning companies in the country survive without THAT guy doing all the work?[/b]

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Fred you know you hurt my feelings with that one.

All I can say is............I'll be watching you from now on.

You and your pretty hair all done up beauty salon style.
Your hair carefully dyed but its so obvious when compared to your complexion.

So think of me when I'm sitting on the couch tonite watching those preteen shows with Blake......while you're out scrubbing toilets in your janitorial accounts.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You've stumbled onto an awful truth. As much as we think we are indispensable, each one of us could be replaced with one phone call, just as any service provider we hire could be. But still we are all Kings of our world. Huey Long wrote this for you:

Why weep or slumber America
Land of brave and true
With castles and clothing and food for all
All belongs to you.
Ev'ry man a king, ev'ry man a king,
For you can be a millionaire.
But there's something belonging to others
There's enough for all people to share.
When it's sunny June and December too
Or in the winter time or spring
There'll be peace without end
Ev'ry neighbor a friend,
With ev'ry man a king.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
How important to my custys??
HOW IMPORTANT??

ever since I started using Todd "the chic magnet" Devildog's pick up line,
I've been swamped with requests to sire their future progeny

...L.T.A.

DevilDog

Glad I can help Larry! Tonight is going to be a good night, partly because of that line. I am 44, this gal is 24 and HOT. Looks like The Dog strikes again! It is not about looks, the size of your tool, or things like that. Charm baby charm. And many find that line CHARMING!

Hey, they're women. Who knows why they like the shit they do!

Now back to the subject.

I pride myself on the fact that most of my clients from 10 years ago are still with me.

How do I do that? It is not about great cleaning. I deliver really good cleaning, but that is not the issue.

The issue is building relationships. That is the deal.

And that STARTS with thinking of them as CLIENTS. Not customers. Customers are people that walk into a 7-11. Clients are people you build relationships with that you hope last a long time.

Two very good examples. I did a carpet this morning for a lady that has been a client of mine for eight years. On Monday she got back from vacation and found out her dog crapped all over the carpet. She called me.

I simply could not get there until today. I told her I would find someone else that I trusted to do a good job for her. She wanted none of it. She said, "You are my cleaner, you do great work, I trust you, and I like you."

She waited until this morning.

This lady and I have discussed all sorts of things from her kids to her divorce. We have connected on another level. Women love to talk. Just remember that.

A few weeks ago I got a call from a lady that has been a client for fourteen years. Her husband spilled some strawberry drink all over her chair. I told her it would be tough for me to get to it for a few days and that I would find someone that could get to her right away. She would have NONE of that. She waited for me and for the time it took to get the stuff COMPLETELY out.

I could tell the same story hundreds of times a year.

It is about RELATIONSHIPS...of which many here don't understand. NEVER EVER EVER do I go into a home and rush through the job. I ALWAYS take time to talk to the client, find out what they do, and have conversations with them. This builds relationships.

Now do I keep every client? Of course not. But the ones that decide to use someone else usually come back later on. Not all of them, but many.

Think about it, if you like someone a lot and trust them and they do good work...you are more likely to stay with them than a person that just acts like they are there to just make a few bucks.

Yesterday afternoon I did a job for a couple that travels a lot. Two years ago I cleaned their whole house. Nice paying job. Yesterday I only cleaned one room. But I spent an hour and a half there talking with the husband about traveling and my trip to China I am going to take. We connected on a level besides cleaning.

He is now helping me arrange my tour of China. Unless I do a HORRIBLE job and treat them bad they are NOT going to use anyone else. We have made that extra connection.

These guys that yap about doing six jobs a day as a one man crew, they don't have the time to do that type of thing and THEY are the ones much more easily replaced. Especially if they are charging a lot.

Business is about RELATIONSHIPS.

Figure that out and you'll have all the repeat and referral work you can handle...if you want to do it.

Geez, I have clients that call me to just ask how my daughter is doing and let me know their daughter or son had a kid or are going to college or whatever. They are not changing cleaners.

RELATIONSHIPS. That is what it is about.

DevilDog

Dolly

I AGREE 100% WITH YOU TODD

I have the same thing going. Customers that live 850 miles away and will wait until I come back every three month's to do the work.

It is about relationships and not your price or JUST the quality level of service.

It is like you said Todd......Relationships.......

Ed Hartman

Yep, its all about how good you are with people and building a relationship with them. But at the same time, some people are just not loyal. Just like carpet cleaners who buy stuff off the net.

G

Dolly said:
I AGREE 100% WITH YOU TODD

I have the same thing going. Customers that live 850 miles away and will wait until I come back every three month's to do the work.

Gee, if you had honored the non compete, you'd still be getting paid!

¿¿¿850 miles???

JOIN THE QUE QUE QUE!!

Rex Tyus

I actually agree with Todd. Hes very right. I could go on and on, but I don't want him to get a bigger head then he ALREADY has

After the first 3 lines I actually scrolled past his post. I figured he missed the point with a post that long.

Darlene agreed with him so I knew I was right.

G

Mikey P said:
Ask yourself how many would show up to your funeral.

I'm betting I could get a few hundred to show.

I am seeing a vision of rejoicing a la the muchkins in the Wizard of Oz.

Ding dong, the Mick is dead, which old Mick?, the D¡ckhead Mick!, Ding Dong the D¡ckhead Mick is dead!!

G

They could sprinkle you on the carpet and take turns with the Sanitaire.

Dolly

Chris Conner, obviously you missed the point

I am glad though I am were I am now and the trip is an honor to make.

I bow to no one and serve only those who care for my services. I don't have to travel for it, I choose too.

Your zinger Marty......... do I smell a hint of jealousy? :roll:

That is what really happened bottom line.............But low and behold,

Those who meant evil against me was turned to good.........

WOW amazing how that works...........

G

Dolly said:
Chris Conner, obviously you missed the point

I am glad though I am were I am now and the trip is an honor to make.

850 miles just to clean carpet? Pulling a trailer to clean with a porty?

I am sure that it is SO lucrative.

HA!

steve r

how important am i to the customer, not very id assume i am just the cleaner. however, i do believe some like to know whos coming to their homeand that your trustworthy.those are the ones you can raise your price and not loose once you have them.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Sorry to hurt your feelings Darlene. I've been around these boards for years and have seen self made bulletin board gurus come and go over the years. I remember Frank N ... who posted over on ICS for years. He was Mr. Everything as a cleaner. High prices, high standards, etc., but I learned from personal conversations that he couldn't stay busy. Where is he now? The same was true of Gary Berg, God rest his soul.

There have been others that I could name, but my point is this. Todd is now positioning himself as the new bulletin board guru, and I am enjoying watching it all unfold.

However, what really caused me to laugh was seeing the first person to fall for his act was ... YOU!

G

Well, she's just trying to get to know "tripod todd" a little better.

Little, indeed.

Dolly

I have not fallen for his act Marty and I don't bow down to any so called garu's.......this is just carpet cleaning for pity sake.

I have read it to be said about those who think more highly than they ought to.

When I agree with something someone said, then I give them the respect of saying so.

I don't agree with everything everyone says .

You all must really think I am totally dense like a piece of wood.

Sometimes thing go whistling over my head.......I will admit, but not everything.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt until they screw me over.

If they do that, I have no control over what another person does, only myself. The rest I let my Big Daddy handle.

He usually has a great way of turning everything anyone means for evil to be for the good.

I know he watches over me and I know He uses everything I have experienced to teach me good valuable lessons, which by the way are sometimes pretty painful to learn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom