How much fuel does your truck mount really use?

randy

Name
Randy
I really have noticed lower gas bills since I sold both truckmounts, LOL.

Hauling around GLS type equipment and a few Steamin Demons in mini vans is an inexpensive way to chase the commercial market. Glad I made the switch long before gas became a real factor. Oil hit $68.00 pb last Friday so it will be going up again no doubt.

Johnnyone

Not really sure. My van get about 12-15 MPG
The truck unit is a 31 hp FI. I guess it get about 1 gal per hr.

Greenie

Jim Martin said:
Geez Greenie.......I am not saying that I can fly down the interstate with my machine running...I am never in that much of a rush to get to my jobs....but I have put it in gear and moved it out from in front of a drive way with the machine idling....no big deal........

You would still think, engaging a Parking Brake or some other safety would be a good requirement before engaging PTO.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yea I agree................

I would feel a lot better knowing that my brake was set..........

G

My Genie sips gas at 0.83 Gal/hr...but before you all start throwing rocks...remember, i DO KNOW what i'm doing! There is drive time as well but usually only a block or two at the most between jobs!

EQUATION:

$20.00 @ $3.00/gal gives 6.67 gal used over an 8 hour time period gives 0.83 gal/hr....

But remember kiddies...don't try this at home cuz i took all that fuel inj crap OFF..ALONG wit the brain and put me on a teny tiny TWO barrel carb that we jetted way down.....

It helps to know what you're doing!

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
I did a restaurant last week...

Topped off the tank,did the restaurant.

Went back across the street 2 hours later.

Stopped at 2.6 gallons...

But I have checked it a few times at that restaurant...

But on average about that.

I have one in Chicopee, Mass...

Takes about one hour to do,i check it at the gas station next door.About a gallon and a half if that...

Rpms are set at 1800-+ a few...

Real nice gauge,never saw one like that...

Tonite there is a restaurant about 50 miles away,go there with empty tank of water.

Faucet is 8 feet away from where I park...

Usually no more then 11 gallons used.Restaurant takes just an hour.

But my Ford does pretty well...Keep her well tuned,just swapped out the K an N airfilter.I never clean them,just go for new,every 6 months...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom