How much fuel does your truck mount really use?

G

2.7 gallons per hour.

The new one burned up 30.8 gallons in about 13 hours, but did 637 miles yesterday.

Chad

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
when running at factory setting 2900rpm @12hg I was using 1gph

since bumping to 3200rpm and full 14hg with wand on the floor, I'm in the neighborhood of 1.25 to 1.5gph

Powermatic w/25hp Kohler/45 blower

..L.T.A.

Becker

Name
Becker
About 1.25-1.5.

I only know because I used a boat tank for about 3 days after installing in new van while I waited for a fuel tap to come in.

Glynn

HM Maxx470

speed 1 = 0.8 gph
speed 2 = 1.1
speed 3 = 1.5 - 2 gph

Imp galls here.

Becker

Name
Becker
If you really want to know spend the coin and get one of these.

OffRoadReset300.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
trying to figure daily usage is harder then you think ........way to many ups and downs..
If you have a job that is large and you calculate off of it you can come close.........

When I did my first dealership the truck set and ran for 7 hours....
I filled the tank up right before I got there and used less then a half of a tank of gas.......

I refilled after I was done and calculated the machine hours and the mileage to the house and it all came out to about what Vortex reports it should be....Approx $5.50 per machine hour..........Based on the $2.809 per gal of gas....so for that day it cost me approx $35.00 in fuel

we have tracked-our gas mileage ever since we started the business and the CDS and the Vortex are pretty close to being the same.....

We got our fuel tax rebate on the Vortex this year for $130.00 from the state and $151.00 from the federal....... and that was for 6 months of usage and we are getting ready to put in another one

Because of the different way that each TM is set up the flow scan we were told we could not use..........

Example.the CDS has to have the emg, break set in order for the machine to run (or the horn will sound machine will not start ) the Vortex you have to turn off the exhaust break and dis- engage the emg, break..so we just go off of what was calculated by Vortex and the machine hours

dallasdj

0 Gallons per hr...Perma mount 120

How do you guys calculate for fuel as deduction since it's not accurate counting only miles.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It will only track fuel use when the machine is on.

this is correct...........but how do you prove that the machine is running..........

that is what was in question........with our when we got into this.......

It can be hooked up to the CDS emg. break because if the emg, break is set then you know that the van is not moving...............it is at a idle and you can calculate fuel use..............

but other machines don't set there break so how do you prove it is all machine

???

Becker

Name
Becker
Does the V not have a 12 volt switch of some kind?
On/off key?

And can be done Jim.

Same way the hour meter on the V does not click away unless the machine is engaged.

On the HM is it just wired to the switch.

What do ya have to prove?

I think I'm lost.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
to answer your question .can it be done .........yes ..it is possible to hook up a flow scan to a Vortex and monitor you fuel usage........

I know when I had my cds I could not because I had to have the emg, brake set to start the machine......

I am not trying to prove anything.......I am only passing along what I was informed by the state when I was trying to do the same thing...........

If you look back (way back on this board and the ICS board )you will find that for a long time I was trying to help others get this gas rebate and I was encouraging the the flow scan meter and spent hours researching this and hit a block wall ..............

Flow scan was telling us that they stopped selling them because they were not being installed correctly and there were to many variations.......

Becker

Name
Becker
Well it sounds like you are SOL.

I'd get one, wire the power to the switch on the machine.

If the IRS don't like it they can come inspect the machine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I fully agree. to me this would of been the better way for everyone.I was ready to spend the money and hook it up but when we were told it was not going to be accepted and flow scan stopped making them .why waste the money trying..........I am still getting a fuel rebate........I just have to got the long way around to do it....

Greenie

"Can you drive around with your machine running......?? I can..... "

THAT lil' detail I didn't know.

I'm trying to envision a Vortex running while you cruise down the hwy at 55 mph....at what RPM again?

It's pretty easy to take your van's avg mpg in a drive from gas station to the next across town, use that as a reference, now you have the base number, anything above that is machine hours....what is so hard?

I can see right now, the gas money spent on a CDS will be a huge factor above and beyond the payment of a Vortex if a guy could make that second wand pay for it's self.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Geez Greenie.......I am not saying that I can fly down the interstate with my machine running...I am never in that much of a rush to get to my jobs....but I have put it in gear and moved it out from in front of a drive way with the machine idling....no big deal........

Back
Top Bottom