Hydramaster CDS xDrive - Any users yet?

PCCN

I got a bit excited when I saw the Hydramaster ad for this "small, powerful, direct drive" in Interlink's magazine. Photo (and text) in the ad shows this machine in a Ford Transit so immediately I am happy I might be able to get a small van with real truckmount in it. (Excitement stops Here!) I called JonDon and found out this is in a FULL size Ford Transit so that ends the small van hopes. They also don't sell it because of issues in testing including over heating. They couldn't give me specifics on it since they have no one actually using it yet. Add on that it isn't even a direct drive machine and I am bummed. It seems to be basically an oversized electric machine to me.

Does anyone have REAL knowledge on the machine or if it is even worth pursuing it or testing it? Or, will it be another of those here today, gone tomorrow deals such as the propane truckmount, etc.?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I got a bit excited when I saw the Hydramaster ad for this "small, powerful, direct drive" in Interlink's magazine. Photo (and text) in the ad shows this machine in a Ford Transit so immediately I am happy I might be able to get a small van with real truckmount in it. (Excitement stops Here!) I called JonDon and found out this is in a FULL size Ford Transit so that ends the small van hopes. They also don't sell it because of issues in testing including over heating. They couldn't give me specifics on it since they have no one actually using it yet. Add on that it isn't even a direct drive machine and I am bummed. It seems to be basically an oversized electric machine to me.

Does anyone have REAL knowledge on the machine or if it is even worth pursuing it or testing it? Or, will it be another of those here today, gone tomorrow deals such as the propane truckmount, etc.?

I'm assuming you haven't been around the forum for the past 8-10 months..... It's been discussed over and over.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I saw a Stanley van the other day that was in a transit. I was wondering if it was an X drive or if they had gone slide in.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I see a bunch of Stanley Transits around but never looked in or asked what they have in there.

Last edited:

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
I've been talking with Brandon Titus about purchasing a complete HM rig. I won't say that i'm not feeling scared and clammy about this... It's a gamble....:confusedd:

Mikey P

Administrator
What's the main allure for you Joe?

The Transit?

The ease of handing a CDS/PTO to an employee and showing him the two buttons?

or bragging rights on the internet?

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
The CDS XDRIVE can go in any full size Ford Transit with the right engine format - low, medium, or high roof, but not the Transit Connect. Presently, all machines are installed at our factory in Mukilteo, Washington, so they are installed from our fleet of Transits .

As previously mentioned, we are doing a controlled slow roll-out with strategically located customers while we bring our full distributor network up to speed on service and maintenance, as well as has been mentioned above - the ability to quickly and efficiently respond with qualified assistance to the customer (rather than posting service bulletins and hoping existing units in the field get the upgrade).

To specifically answer your question, since units are just being delivered now, there are not users of the production units who could really answer your questions yet. We are also in the process of getting our beta testers (who do have significant experience on their beta machines) final production units so that we can bring their beta units back to Washington and take a look at them from the inside out to improve long term performance. So the beta testers do not have long term experience with final production units yet either.

We are working with Jon-Don locations that are part of our strategic roll-out, but no, they are not selling the unit on a nationwide basis yet because we are not delivering the unit on a nationwide basis yet. Interested cleaning and restoration companies are working through their distributors with our HydraMaster regional sales representatives - just like Joe mentioned he is talking with Brandon Titus above.

This is new revolutionary technology, and we expect that it will be the technology for direct drives in the future for a long time. Right now, it is great to be able to offer customers who might be looking at a direct drive unit for the first time, a choice of the revolutionary technology of the future with the XDRIVE, or if it is the right decision for their company, the industry's most proven and #1 selling format - the CDS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
The CDS XDRIVE can go in any full size Ford Transit with the right engine format - low, medium, or high roof, but not the Transit Connect. Presently, all machines are installed at our factory in Mukilteo, Washington, so they are installed from our fleet of Transits .

As previously mentioned, we are doing a controlled slow roll-out with strategically located customers while we bring our full distributor network up to speed on service and maintenance, as well as has been mentioned above - the ability to quickly and efficiently respond with qualified assistance to the customer (rather than posting service bulletins and hoping existing units in the field get the upgrade).

To specifically answer your question, since units are just being delivered now, there are not users of the production units who could really answer your questions yet. We are also in the process of getting our beta testers (who do have significant experience on their beta machines) final production units so that we can bring their beta units back to Washington and take a look at them from the inside out to improve long term performance. So the beta testers do not have long term experience with final production units yet either.

We are working with Jon-Don locations that are part of our strategic roll-out, but no, they are not selling the unit on a nationwide basis yet because we are not delivering the unit on a nationwide basis yet. Interested cleaning and restoration companies are working through their distributors with our HydraMaster regional sales representatives - just like Joe mentioned he is talking with Brandon Titus above.

This is new revolutionary technology, and we expect that it will be the technology for direct drives in the future for a long time. Right now, it is great to be able to offer customers who might be looking at a direct drive unit for the first time, a choice of the revolutionary technology of the future with the XDRIVE, or if it is the right decision for their company, the industry's most proven and #1 selling format - the CDS.

I'm a fan for sure...I have not had the means to own a truck mount yet however after watching seeing...and studying for a long time now...I am loving Hydramaster...!!!

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

We are working with Jon-Don locations that are part of our strategic roll-out, but no, they are not selling the unit on a nationwide basis yet because we are not delivering the unit on a nationwide basis yet.

Doyle, how long til I can take my used transit(hopefully next year) to a disty and get one of these? A year? three years, five???

PCCN

Sounds good guys. That was until I saw the price- $66,000, with no reels. Really? Nearly all the other manufacturers are at, or below this price, with everythinggggggggggg included. I'll be patient and wait to hear some real world results. Thanks for the input guys.

Reactions: hogjowl

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah, $59k for my pro 1200 in an extended 3500 with all options, reels, ti wand, shelving. My old hydramaster has not been without its corrosion issues either...

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Yeah, $59k for my pro 1200 in an extended 3500 with all options, reels, ti wand, shelving. My old hydramaster has not been without its corrosion issues either...

Sounds like you actually got a pretty good deal if that includes install, etc. The ol' Chevy 1 Tons are not as cheap as they used to be.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Sounds good guys. That was until I saw the price- $66,000, with no reels. Really?
I think this is how some Customers feel when presented 3 different prices and packages for Carpet Cleaning.
HydraMaster is giving you the Silver Plan... If you want hose reels and a wand... well that's the Gold Plan... Shelves and a waste tank... Platinum!
You choose...

Reactions: hogjowl
Back
Top Bottom