I ripped apart my Peak...

Able 1

Name
Keith
I was just planing on replacing the engine, but every time I took something off I thought well I don't want to half ass it I'll take this off too.. Well I ended up with this:View attachment 3890
View attachment 3891

Should be a fun project, I think I remember where everything goes..:eekk: It kind of reminds me of small engines class in high school took me a day to rip apart my motor and the rest of the semester to rebuild it.:lol: The frame is in pretty good shape for taking 8 years of abuse.

Able 1

Name
Keith
If you take them piece by piece they really aren't that complicated to take apart!lol

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have taken like 120 pictures and looked at it a while between steps, and labeled all wires.. Now that I have posted this I do know It will have to look Vawter "bran new".. :winky: I will do my best.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I love it, this is what I do when we get a used machine. Take it apart and put it back together replacing worn parts with new, anything in question goes and gets replaced.

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
It would hard for me at this point to do this on any other machine, me and this Peak have had a 8 year great relationship.. I really like this TM a lot! Real simple! I do think this might be a "winter blues" trend for me though( I hate sitting around), I'll see how this one turns out..

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Reactions: Chris A

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Its a whole lot different when ya build a solid relationship w em huh : )

Love to tinker

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It would hard for me at this point to do this on any other machine, me and this Peak have had a 8 year great relationship.. I really like this TM a lot! Real simple! I do think this might be a "winter blues" trend for me though( I hate sitting around), I'll see how this one turns out..
If you find you enjoy it you could always buy a project in the fall, work on it all winter and sell it off in the spring for a profit. :winky:

I took my bike apart as a kid and needed my father to help me get it back together. He was pissed, he wasn't the kind of man to cuss, he just didn't speak to me at all.....for several days. Just looked at me and shook his head. My poor dad, I gave the man a lot of grief in his life. :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Its a whole lot different when ya build a solid relationship w em huh : )

Love to tinker

Give it time, don't just jump in..lol It bites!:eekk:
When you can hear a subtle sound change while running your TM(like your wife complaining), and can diagnosis and fix it (or you sleep on the couch)before you take it into the dealer to get a big bill, you have a solid relationship.. I don't yet have a good one with my Apex yet.. Over time I think I will stick with the Apex because of the extra lift and longevity of the motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Give it time, don't just jump in..lol It bites!:eekk:
When you can hear a subtle sound change while running your TM(like your wife complaining), and can diagnosis and fix it (or you sleep on the couch)before you take it into the dealer to get a big bill, you have a solid relationship.. I don't yet have a good one with my Apex yet.. Over time I think I will stick with the Apex because of the extra lift and longevity of the motor.

bwahahha that was Awesome : )

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've never had much luck with powder coating. If I ever do a project like yours I think I have it Linex.. Nice work

gene

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom