I ripped apart my Peak...

Able 1

Name
Keith
I've never had much luck with powder coating. If I ever do a project like yours I think I have it Linex.. Nice work

gene

I might have gone with LineX if they had other colors here, they only spray black now.. I have the back of the van LineX'ed and even when I pressure wash it out it still looks crappy. Next time I might lineX the frame though..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Nate W.
Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Looks great! Was the old engine shot? Also what did you do to the blower? It looks new as well.

No, the engine wasn't shot I just wanted to make sure it was going to be reliable for the year. I cleaned the blower up with Judsons "Goosh", the stuff is an awesome all purpose cleaner.

New exhaust, and new belts..
View attachment 4245
Ah, what the hell!
View attachment 4246

It's all done now, but I'm going to wait till the temps are a little warmer(no point to heat it) to put it back in.. With everything I spent around $5,000.

BUT..

View attachment 4247:lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"Now its Vawter New!"

i lik that....better than bein' Fostered​

do NOT ever eat out of an oven that you have powdercoated in........

Last edited:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
"Now its Vawter New!"

i lik that....better than bein' Fostered​

do NOT ever eat out of an oven that you have powdercoated in........

thanks bob I was gonna try some from sears in my oven.

Linex here comes in any color. They can even color match to your vehicle.

Gene

Becker

Name
Becker
Nice work able. Very nice work. You clearly did it right!

I had a hydramaster I repowered 3 times before passing it down to my nephew. I never tore it down as far as you. But did all internals. Besides blower. Honestly makes a new machine of it for a fraction if the price.

No repowering my current machines. Both nissan engines. Hoping I get the 10k plus hrs from them. Or I'll have lots of parts for sale.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Nice work able. Very nice work. You clearly did it right!

I had a hydramaster I repowered 3 times before passing it down to my nephew. I never tore it down as far as you. But did all internals. Besides blower. Honestly makes a new machine of it for a fraction if the price.

No repowering my current machines. Both nissan engines. Hoping I get the 10k plus hrs from them. Or I'll have lots of parts for sale.
Hey, as long as the frame is still good I'll keep doing it.. Why not?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Engine no longer made.
That's my problem too. I'm at almost 13k and still runs great. Leaks some oil from the main bearing. I could pull it and replace the gaskets but we don't have a slow time here. I'd have to do it over a weekend and I just don't want to work that hard.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom