I think my Little Giant is too close to my C4

hogjowl

Idiot™
Back to the subject at hand. After discussing this with Bucket Head, I realized that I probably was having the same problem with my Kohler 27, so yesterday while watching my son work, I decided to go out to the van and see if I could see some oil puffing out from under MY rig. What I found, when I got to my van, was my oil cap GONE and my van spewing out oil all over the inside. After searching, I found the cap under my hot water heater, and determined I had enough oil in the motor to finish the job. It took us about an hour to get all the oil spray off of all the interior surfaces of the van.

I was ticked at my son, because I blamed him for the problem. The reason is I had instructed him to alway check the oil before cranking the van the first time every morning. So, I figured he has removed the oil cap by mistake, thinking it was the oil stick cap, and then just forgot to put it back on when he realized his mistake.

Well, I was wrong! Because, we were cleaning this morning and I went outside to get the upholstery tool out of the van and I smelled buring oil before I even got to the van. The oil cap was off again! And, this time it had been off long enough to REALLY screw up the inside of my van worse than yesterday! When I put the cap back on, I noticed that it wouldn't come to a stop when it reached the seated position. It will now just keep turning.

I will be ordering the new valve cover and cap assembly that Mikey posted on the first page of this thread immediately.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can't find a parts cross reference on that site. Do you guys know if that valve cover Mikey bought will fit a 27 hp Kohler? Or is there a cross reference on that site that I can go to?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Marty go on Kohler's website, you should find the part there. If not, just call them and order it. They will sell it to you.

Mike, the heater is not causing your problem, the o-ring on the cap is wrong and kohler knows this. I had the same problem both you and Marty had. I just put a thicker o-ring on the cap, took off the valve cover, cleaned the seal and reinstalled.

The o-ring is the problem, nothing else.

Also, the worst thing for these kohler engines or small engines period is the ethanol in the gas. If you notice when first starting your engine, moisture will blow out the exhaust. This will ruin the engine soon or later. To prevent this, add stabil to your van gas when you fill up. Cheap insurance and will prevent premature engine failure.

FredC

Village Idiot
Marty,

The manual shows the same part for your engine...assuming CH740 (marketing base)

Complete valve cover with fittings/cap:

kohler 24 559 10-S

Cap and o-ring kit:

kohler 24 227 02-S

O-ring:

kohler 24 153 32-S

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Thats interesting about the ethonal.

Vincent, would that only be during start up, or with heat exxchangers, would it continue.
I know with Heat exchangers, there a condensation issue, wondering if ethonal contributes.

I'll fill up with marine gas next time and see if i se diference

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I wonder why Kohler changed the design. It's the only thing on my Kohler that hasn't broke.

Mikey P

Administrator
sure, I hope Marty goes and buys a few and lets us know if the right size can be found. The hard final twist is what he needs to look and feel for.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I went to my small engine mechanic on Saturday and had him install a new o-ring on my cap. While I was there, I had him put a new washer in my hose end sprayer too.

And Mikey is an asshole.

Mikey P

Administrator
why am I an asshole here?

you spend too much time on those Scorned Women forums and see everything I type as an insult or a ploy to degrade something.

I was honestly looking for you to find an answer for us Kohler owners.

btw, just how much did you pay that guy to install O ring to the cap?

LMAO, you are so ****ing helpless. LMAO!!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Surely you knew I was kidding? Well, you didn't when I said I hadn't turned my Vortex on, so I shouldn't be surprised now, huh?

Actually, I went to my small engine shop to see if my valve cover gasket was the same as yours. It is. So, I will order that cover tomorrow. Mysteriously (I think my son was involved), my oil cap now spins on my cover and won't seat down to seal. It just started it this week. I think after the first time the cap blew off this week, my son probably tried to tighten it down and broke off one of the tabs on the cover. So, I need more than just an o-ring.

I said you are an asshole because you are an asshole. It had nothing specifically related to this thread behind it.

Mikey P

Administrator
actually you never said anything about not being able to turn on your Vortex, that was my great comedy routine. One of my best ever actually. Thanks for going along with it.

so a tab was broken, thats what I asked you the other day on the phone...

maybe moonshine cork would be the cheaper fix.

oh... and it takes one to know one, right Marty?

say hi to the hens for me.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Until Bob leaves (again), I am not spending as much time with the hens. And Cooper is showing his ass again, so things are not as nice and comfortable over there anymore. If I wanted that stuff, I'd just stay here all the time.

Mikey P

Administrator
let me take this moment of truth to apologize for ever getting involved the the great "I Want a C4 debacle" a couple years back.

I should never have let the Skypefags get me involved.

blame Moodey's kid for ratting you out.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Apology accepted. I imagine your recent falling out with Les has shed much light on how that whole incident became the unwarranted "scandal" that it so quickly became.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
girl_crying_man_watching_movie.jpg

Reactions: hogjowl

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Welcome to slide-in's with propane heat.

Learn to live with it.

To me it would be like having a large lawn mower running in the van all hot and loud and smelly. And an angry Palestinian martyr wearing a suicide vest next to it giving me a mean look. I really like my PTO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom