I want to send a mailout to all the churches and Childcare centers. Little help Please

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Does anyone have a successful Eddm card targeting churches and childcare facilities? I'd love to see a sample of what I could make

Chris A

Name
Chris
Can't do eddm specifically to businesses that I know of, you'd have to buy a list. That being said we've often talked about doing it and never do

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Does anyone have a successful Eddm card targeting churches and childcare facilities? I'd love to see a sample of what I could make

Matt,
Churches are great to work for. However(imo) eddm is not for them. Your time/money would be a thousand times better spent by just dropping off a business card every few months... Really. You are not going to have that many that you need thousands of postcards and bought mailing lists.

If I were looking for churches I'd start by googling churches. This will give you address and a map to pick from.

If it's a smaller church, I'd send the head pastor/whatever a letter. Hoping he remembers you when it's time to big or maybe at his home.

If it's a large church(and some smaller) you will be dealing with a board(decision makers for the church), they are not going to respond to eddm - you will be lucky if find out who they are. This is where the dropping off a few cards helps. Internet is how the higher ups will find people to bid. Have a great commercial/bid folder, the folder is the only impression you get to make.

Myself... I'd rather spend the day cleaning a beautiful church, over Mrs smiths basement...

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

FredC

Village Idiot
What Jerry said....I think

I have scraped local church data to build mailing list for my clients............all have reported less than stellar results

of course ymmv....maybe I just gave them shitty addresses :lol:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt,
Churches are great to work for. However(imo) eddm is not for them. Your time/money would be a thousand times better spent by just dropping off a business card every few months... Really. You are not going to have that many that you need thousands of postcards and bought mailing lists.

If I were looking for churches I'd start by googling churches. This will give you address and a map to pick from.

If it's a smaller church, I'd send the head pastor/whatever a letter. Hoping he remembers you when it's time to big or maybe at his home.

If it's a large church(and some smaller) you will be dealing with a board(decision makers for the church), they are not going to respond to eddm - you will be lucky if find out who they are. This is where the dropping off a few cards helps. Internet is how the higher ups will find people to bid. Have a great commercial/bid folder, the folder is the only impression you get to make.

Myself... I'd rather spend the day cleaning a beautiful church, over Mrs smiths basement...
Maybe not up in Illinois where you live, but down here in the bible belt, there's a ton of churches. It's like a freaking industry down here.

But I agree, I'd rather have a good steady schedule at least once/month to do churches than these tightwad homeowner in my redneck town. I'm ready to dominate that market.

Reactions: Russ T.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not a big fan of sending mail without knowing the decision makers name. Waste IMO
Can be the pastor, business manager or maintenance "guy".

I know it seems like a lot of churches but i bet you could go and visit them all in a couple days. Kinda tough here to visit as they all have security doors, so its better to call ahead and set an appointment first.

Direct mail is great for follow up but not cold.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Not a big fan of sending mail without knowing the decision makers name. Waste IMO
Can be the pastor, business manager or maintenance "guy".

I know it seems like a lot of churches but i bet you could go and visit them all in a couple days. Kinda tough here to visit as they all have security doors, so its better to call ahead and set an appointment first.

Direct mail is great for follow up but not cold.
Thanks Shane, for the feedback on on sending out Direct mail.

I shouldn't have a problem with visiting these churches on cold calls, because the atmosphere is a bit different down here in the south. They're more welcoming to strangers. While I was cleaning a big tile floor at one church, one day, some stranger walked up to me bumming some money. The church's director told the guy to visit the office, instead of shooing him off like a lot of the New Yorker's, lol, would do.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Matt, I think you would be better off long term to go and visit them. Get a feel ...
You can always follow up with mail after they know who you are.

We actually have a lot of churches here, over 1000 for sure.
Nice accounts, above average but not huge. Most are during the day which is good.

Honestly in rural markets i would just go after everybody, nichee is better for metro areas.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, I think you would be better off long term to go and visit them. Get a feel ...
You can always follow up with mail after they know who you are.

We actually have a lot of churches here, over 1000 for sure.
Nice accounts, above average but not huge. Most are during the day which is good.

Honestly in rural markets i would just go after everybody, nichee is better for metro areas.
You must've misunderstood what I told you. I am going to make personal visits to each of these churches before I do any mail outs from your feedback you originally told me

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Not tryin to be a wise guy......but are you aware that if one spends the same effort in marketing strip joints and brothels you'll triple yor income as they surly get dirty quicker...PLUS
It'll be all cash.....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just a thought as reading this and not knowing if it would work for you, but if you are going to stop by a church, maybe consider a small bottle of spotter with your name and label on them, maybe even with a fresh clean white rag....

Introduce yourself, and let tell them if you can ever be of service, would love to try and help out (sometimes at this point they might ask for a quote)

Leave that Spotter there for them.....

But with the spotter, when one of the church members or secretaries uses it....creates a clean spot with your spotter and obvious name and contact info on it....you might have a better chance of being called again....

Just a thought....but dealing with churches....I really find they are going to hire someone who is recommending them from within the church members....

I'm lucky to know enough people and do enough work in the community that we are one of the first called to come take a look at cleaning for them.

We give 20% off our regular price, and a lot of times, come in higher, but people want us and will ask if we can do better...even sharing what budget they have to work with....we work with them....and do pretty well with our large church jobs....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Good point Mark. I guess I need to get back into church, lol. Just a thought....but dealing with churches....I really find they are going to hire someone who is recommending them from within the church members....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Lol... Read that Bawb comment to my wife..

She says I wouldn't burst into flames but I would be too busy looking at all the carpet and figuring out which formula would work best... Or what to use on certain spots....

And then I would talk to the strippers about carpet cleaning and my Zipper..... Wand...

:biggrin: :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Much better approach anyway!

A bunch of nasty hoes! Bawb stary outta them places!!! :winky:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Matt,I just answered you pm. Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days. Pm me your email and I will send you something. Thanks Richard for the vote of confidence. Church's are a tuff market but a few of them can make a difference

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK....if a church is used once maybe twice a week for a few hours......
And a strip joint is used.7 days a week all nite long....

Whures the money gonna be.....you guys need to get realistic here.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy L

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
OK....if a church is used once maybe twice a week for a few hours......
And a strip joint is used.7 days a week all nite long....

Whures the money gonna be.....you guys need to get realistic here.....
That didnt make any sense. Can u dumb it down for us un evolved beer heads?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bad man, very bad mann. :biggrin:

come on

Can u dumb it down for us un evolved beer heads?

otay...da place that gits the most use would BE..........which one? therefore the strip joint would be the one that would give you more bidness.....gotta factor in that they would BOTH be CASH ...still the strip joint would be cleaned more often.....

(secret) whore houses and crack joints are even more profitable

Name
Nate W.
I have to disagree Bawb... I never knew a crackhead to want clean carpets... And local strip joints could give a rip about clean carpets...most have duct tape holding it together...

Maybe there's a higher class of crackheads and strip joints where you live... Plus, I don't like to barter....... Tits, you seen one, you've seen them all! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom