I'll let you decide... TMFest?

Mikey P

Administrator
Tre @ *** sent me a phone text last night asking if I would be interested in letting them join in on the Mikefest fun.

Tre is assuming it would be a huge boost in attendance.

Possibly, but I know more than a few of you would not come if Tre and Rob were there.
I imagine that not many manufactures/ suppliers would show up to a TMFest so I can see why the want in on MF. Not many would show if it were to just look at what Rob has for sale.

I replied to him with a few questions but have not heard back. Not the first time Tre has played text and run...

Your thoughts please..

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I think it's a terrific idea. The good would far outweigh the bad. New people with new ideas, a ***/Mikeyfest would be a more diverse group, a broader representation of who we are as an industry getting together to learn and share. We are all much more similar than different. All the lingering resentments that some have over injustices and insults in the past are just chains that hold you down.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not sure what you mean by joining- is that coming as a vendor or making it a joint fest with them and you running it? If the later, partnerships never work well esp if you don't like people as you obviously don't. If they just want to be a vendor I'd say why not? Any vendor that would not be there because *** is there is not only childish but not very smart if they let that drive their decision. They should be more concerned with attendance and if you/they believe the *** group could brin more people in them it may be a smart thing.

Ken

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Tre @ *** sent me a phone text last night asking if I would be interested in letting them join in on the Mikefest fun.

as Ken alluded to...

as an "associate" team up kind of thing...HAH!!...not a chance

as just another vendor?....sure, why not not sell 'em a booth?
charge them double for the need to clean 'n sanitize the booth area after the show

..l.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
In the past two years Tre has asked me to pay his air fair in exchange for some promotion and I suppose the privilege of having him attend. I'm assuming his message this time was an attempt to join as co promoter.
There would have to be a fairly high cover charge for attendees on top of charging vendors in order to make it profitable for the two of us.

Connor

Name
Connor
Unless MF is closed to *** members, they should just attend like normal folks. Let whomever build their own brand with their own efforts. If the Allens come, ask whatshisface to wear that Jay Leno mask.

As to the privilege of a co-promotion, meh, tell him to take a Greyhound.

Connor

Name
Connor
I think it would be like mixing turds and ice cream, it would ruin the ice cream and not improve the quality of the turd.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: I'll let you decide... TMFest?

Connor said:
I think it would be like mixing turds and ice cream, it would ruin the ice cream and not improve the quality of the turd.
Which is which Chris?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Mikey P said:

Tre is assuming it would be a huge boost in attendance.

Possibly, but I know more than a few of you would not come if Tre and Rob were there.
I imagine that not many manufactures/ suppliers would show up to a TMFest so I can see why the want in on MF. Not many would show if it were to just look at what Rob has for sale.

I replied to him with a few questions but have not heard back. Not the first time Tre has played text and run...

Your thoughts please..

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mike- who specifically would not come if they came? I only want to know so I know who to think of a little differently than I may currently.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Connor

Name
Connor
Re: Re: I'll let you decide... TMFest?

Ken Snow said:
Connor said:
Which is which Chris?

:mrgreen:

K P

Your families would be happy that the cousins could finally get past their differences from childhood.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
*** use to edit 3 out of 5 of my posts over there.

Screw ***!

Besides, don't they still have several Mikeybored similiar domain names to trick people into thinking they are mikeysboard.

I wouldn't even talk to that guy until all those domain names have been transfered to you or your representative.

Think of those domain names as a litmus test. Ask him nicely to give you the MB domain names and see what happens.

Connor

Name
Connor
Marty said:
Personally, I'd suggest they contact Joe Bristor and Terri and try to arrange something between themselves.

Call it WTF.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If someone wouldn't show just because of someone else being there...That shows their character.

Just ask Harper. hey Marty, blow me

Jimbo

No need to combine...since they already have their 'Industry Leaders Parti amusant' so fine-tuned.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I've never been to a MF yet.

Do you want a BETTER MF?

Or are you worried about revenue?

In my opinion.. you've made great progress on your own. Within 5 years I can say you'll be twice as big with attendees, board members, and recognition.

Why go jacking with that for a few bucks?

Name
I'm Rick James
I agree with George... they have similar domains left over from the bitter MB-*** feud and if they remove them you should allow them to have a booth. If they market Mfest on *** you should allow them to have a booth. I would pass if they want to market it as a joint venture.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've asked rob and Tre to log on ans comment.

If other board owners like Cooper or Bristor would like to take part they are free to chime in here as well.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
They want to be part of MF?

Have Tre and Rob wear clown costumes and put them both in side-by-side dunk tanks.

1 dollar for three balls.

T

truckmountforums

This is Tre btw, I almost spit out my drink when I read the comment to call it WT* haha! :D

Anyways, I'm always open to ideas and I keep my options open. When you go to these type of cleaning events their so 1980s style and no way modern. Same ol stuff each time.

I am open to ideas of teaming up for a *** &MF event for really the purpose of showing off setups, modified tools, contests, new tools from sponsors. and perhaps like very very few classes, I mean come on how many of you want to travel out of town and sit down to listen to speeches....oh wait but don't forget you gotta get your clean trust credit whoops I mean connections credit oh no iicrc argh. Haha :)

I'm thinking of an all free event for attendees and bring some families out n setup some volleyball nets etc n just have an awesome weekend. Wonder how many sponsors will bring their Vegas girls for volleyball though.

:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom