I'll let you decide... TMFest?

T

truckmountforums

Goomer said:
They want to be part of MF?

Have Tre and Rob wear clown costumes and put them both in side-by-side dunk tanks.

1 dollar for three balls.
i don't think you can afford the balls

T

truckmountforums

Another note, videogame history of two major corporations who was competitors for 15+ years just came out with a game together and it received a perfect score. Street fighter vs Tekken.

So you never know, *** has about 50k monthly readers, 2.2 value of items sold within our classifieds & 400-600 daily posts so our traffic is great and I know MB has their own as well so teaming up just for an event would be a cool and fun idea. We may have to body search everyone before entering though, maybe the Vegas girls can do that mikey?

Mikey P

Administrator
After putting on 8 of these event I've come to a few conclusions.

Only a few will come just for the bear and hang time. Most want some sort of educational value in the form of classes (which I agree, are too short to hold any real value) to justify the cost of travel and time off to their spouses.
Time spent fondling new tools is a plus but unless one is in the market to buy a particualr tool, the trade show is not enough of a draw either.

If you consider Connections year long advertising campaign and their budget they still only get tiny share, maybe 20 to 30 cleaners per state to show up.

My idea for the next MF is 3 or 4 good half day classes, trade show and more friendly competitions like this years rotary rodeo and porty set up challenge, which were a hit.

and lots of male bonding :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey Tre!

I think you're under valuing the classes, at Mikefest those classes have all been well attended mainly because they are hands on and attendees come away with valuble info. Credits or not the classes have a lot of value.

Everyone likes to see and handle new equipment so yes, the contests are always a great draw too.

The volleyball might be better as an evening event and keep the business stuff in the day and party at night.

T

truckmountforums

Mikey were not just a Carpet Cleaning forum, we have many other sections such as power washing, janitorial, restoration and so on. Yes 50k Uniques ^_^

I am fine with classes, we should teach a class together mikey I think we would sell out of room space if we did haha :D

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So you never know, *** has about 50k monthly readers, 2.2 value of items sold within our classifieds & 400-600 daily posts so our traffic is great and I know MB has their own as well so teaming up just for an event would be a cool and fun idea. We may have to body search everyone before entering though, maybe the Vegas girls can do that mikey?

Oh hell if you're going to lie or expect us to believe that lie then I say no fookin way should this joint event go down. :x

I don't really care what your numbers are but I hate getting jerked off unless it's my wife doing the jerkin. :shock:

:|

Billy

Name
BH
I personally don't think I would ever want to partner with Tre, He just hasn't IMO been trust-able in his ACTIONS or Motives in the past. I always laugh when someone is asking to be part of something but at the same time saying you need them for success.

Mikey me & you have rarely seen eye to eye in the past but I wouldn't have wished Tre on you when I couldn't stand you shiteatinggrin :lol:. He crossed the line early on attacking the family that got me & you to actually talk & I'm not a very forgiving person by nature.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Even Mikey and I manage to keep our families out of his bitter resentment and jealousy of me.

Do whatever you want with Tre ... I won't be there unless you stop being mean to me.

And pay my way.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
As a company that might pay to be part of such an event, the more attendees the more likely a company with something to sell would want to be there. Every year at budget time, we discuss which events to we want to spend the money to participate in. If an event was promoted to multiple groups and had an expected larger attendance, you are more likely to draw sponsors with cash into the event.

Personally, I could find reasons not to like Mike or Tre. If I only attended events where I like all the participants, I would be staying home a lot.

James Cooper

Name
James Cooper
Personally, I believe MF has done fine on its own. AllStarCleaningForums would be happy to put up any banners in advance of any upcoming events. As long as folks are showing up, having a good time, and learning you must be doing something right. Besides, could you ever REALLY trust Tre and Rob to look out for your , or even MF best interests? If Tre or Rob made the offer , its strictly to benefit themselves.

F

FB7777

After 8 mikefests someone that has never run one wants to be your partner?

Its comical when someone that has done any of the heavy lifting wants to share in the success...things don't just get handed to you , does Mikey look like your daddy?

Buy a booth for a couple years, tangibly illustrate that ***'s presence adds significant value to the event and then negotiate a better deal.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have spoke with Tre two times about website designs. Both times he was gonna get back to me and dropped the ball. Not a very good business man to say the least. Not a partner I would consider

F

FB7777

Another thing to consider is if you share the profits with *** , Radar will slit his own wrists when he finds out

Not sure which side of the argument this is helping :mrgreen:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I could see treating them as a vendor only.

If they were a partner I could see them limiting products that compete with their own as they do on their own board.

The only benefit I could see is enjoying the impromptu boxing matches that it would generate.

Those two yayhoos have created a lot of bad blood throughout the years with their shenanigans.

Have a medic on site.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Marty said:
Personally, I'd suggest they contact Joe Bristor and Terri and try to arrange something between themselves.

That for me is the post of the year.
I was going to suggest adding Coop, till da man actually posted.
Life is grand :p

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm afraid that would be way too much for Bob to clean up after.

:shock:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Not just no but hell no. As your friend I'm deeply troubled you would even have to ask this question. It should have taken a split second to reply **** off. The only thing you could possibly be thinking about is money and I never known you to put money before your values no matter how twisted they might be sometimes.

This thread should be deleted and turned into a bad dream we all had at the same time.

Billy

Name
BH

I have been thinking this may be one of his pranks myself.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Fred Boyle said:
Buy a booth for a couple years, tangibly illustrate that ***'s presence adds significant value to the event and then negotiate a better deal.

Best idea I've seen besides my dunk tank and clown outfit idea.

Mikey P

Administrator
Some numbers to consider.

the last 3 years, 2 in Nashville and this year in Sac have brought in 125 ( 50ish of which are BBr's) cleaners more or less. They pay only for their lunch and raffle tickets. This generates no more than $500. he vendors have paid between $250 to $1000 to be there. This past year I think I cleared about $8500, the year prior, $12,000 and about $9000 the year before that. The first 5 years I think I went into the hole.

Considering the amount of time I put into putting on the events, I'd make more profit per hour being a sub for Corky on Groupon week.

Unless I can figure out a way to bring in Connections level of attendance the vendors just wont pay more than a $1000 for the two days. Garage builders like Brevik and Duane will never pay anything close to that.

In Sac we had lots of folks sign up but then no showed. I believe a registration fee would help with that problem. its real hard to plan on how many chairs, tables and food to buy with out a legit head count. Lost of money was wasted in Sac
$125 and you get fed, drinks and a tshirt and more importantly, I make more money. :!:

It's a ton of work, I dont get to sit in the classes and to be honest, herding you fat cats aint much fun.

If Rob and Tre think there is any profit to share in this, they are dead wrong.

Unless they have an idea they have not yet shared. At best by having them promote MF on *** I would expect an addition 30 to 40 cleaners to show. That would not justify an increased charge to the vendors IMO

and **** off Olsen, I dont tell you how to run your business, now do I? All those big claims how you were going to kick Rob's ass @ Vegas and when that 96 year old security guard wagged his finger at you you folded like a house of cards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom