Interview with Jeff Cross 11/15/2007

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
Is there anything special you would like to do while you're here at Mikefest?

Aside from going to the miniputt with Brevik?

Can we get a full fledge article about the event with color pictures and commentary out of you this year?

All I want to do is enjoy some nice weather, drink some cold vodka with Terry, and print about 4 pages in Cleanfax about your event.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Do you think it's ethical to market certifications, etc. that have little meaning outside of paying money for them? It seems these "pay to be ethical", "pay to clean warranty jobs", "pay to have us say your machine sucks as well as a rug doctor" programs are getting more and more prevalent.

Am I wrong?

Take care,
Lisa

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
[quote="Jeff Cross":28kunj8c][quote="Mikey P":28kunj8c]What CC franchise would you recommend to your best friend looking to get into the trade?

A good one, of course.[/quote:28kunj8c]

I'm about to cancel your subscription here smart ass.[/quote:28kunj8c]

Yeah, right... my $5 is as good as anyones'. And you know what I told you on the phone the other day...

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
truckmount girl said:
Do you think it's ethical to market certifications, etc. that have little meaning outside of paying money for them? It seems these "pay to be ethical", "pay to clean warranty jobs", "pay to have us say your machine sucks as well as a rug doctor" programs are getting more and more prevalent.

Am I wrong?

Take care,
Lisa

There should be substance behind certifications. If you and others feel there is no substance, then we need to look at that. You are right - paying money is not the way to be qualified. That would be wrong.

Mikey P

Administrator
Only 4?

I better make the cover seeing how you just blew my Hot Seat record out the window.

Nice job there Gretsky and you got the 100,00th post to happen as well.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
Only 4?

I better make the cover seeing how you just blew my Hot Seat record out the window.

Nice job there Gretsky and you got the 100,00th post to happen as well.

Maybe 5, let's see how it goes.

Mikey P

Administrator
Last question (s)

If you had the power to change any five things in this industry what would they be.

I will delete this entire interview if you you attempt a triple lux here.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
"Proof of business insurance, workmen's comp, customer complaint policy, and more."

Certainly these things could be required for certified techs without the $150 fee. if they are owners, they could submit copies, if employees, submit proof of employment and the shop's insurance policy, etc.

Why CERTIFIED FIRMS? It does not guarantee a certified tech performing the work.

Take care,
Lisa

The Preacher

so being it's REQUIRED, that doesn't make you a VOLUNTEER like they love to spout??? how many other slaves are there in the ranks???

do they whip Jim P and call him Coota Kentae`

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
Last question (s)

If you had the power to change any five things in this industry what would they be.

I will delete this entire interview if you you attempt a triple lux here.

Your last question isn't fair. This can take some thought. But I'll do my best...

I'd ask the CRI testing procedures to include oily soils
I'd ask the CRI to only test professional-quality equipment, and if the need was there, to make a separate category for "do-it-yourself" equipment
I'd convince Rick Gelinas to trademark the term "encapsulation"
I would attempt to demonstrate more fully that there is a huge working relationship/partnership with the appearance of clean and the science of clean
I would work closer with the glide movement to ensure the technology is here to help the industry

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Danny Strickland said:
so being it's REQUIRED, that doesn't make you a VOLUNTEER like they love to spout??? how many other slaves are there in the ranks???

do they whip Jim P and call him Coota Kentae`

There are always rules to follow, no matter if you are paid or a volunteer. I did 2 weeks volunteer work after Katrina... still had to follow the rules.

Mikey P

Administrator
Great answers Jeff but I was hoping you'd mention something about getting the IICRC to do something about raising public awareness of CCing.

AND..

Letting cleaners know its 2007 and a price hike is in order.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
Great answers Jeff but I was hoping you'd mention something about getting the IICRC to do something about raising public awareness of CCing.

AND..

Letting cleaners know its 2007 and a price hike is in order.

Oh, that too.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Well, guys, it's been fun, and now it's almost midnight my time. Take care and let me know if I can ever be of help to you.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Thank you Jeff. That was a very thought provoking interview and you handled the heat well.

Have a restful night!

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
I thought I would revive this interview from 2007 so you new members can learn more about our Jeff Cross, whom from the looks opf it has become addicted to the boards again.

Jeff can your reminisce about your part in creating the whole Bulletin Board phenomenon?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom