Interview with Jeff Cross 11/15/2007

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Jim Pemberton said:
I was ok with the picture.........but having both you AND Danny in the peanut gallery might be too much for my fragile nerves to take....

I will personally pay for Danny to come to the next meeting. My Visa is ready.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Danny Strickland said:
let me re-phrase. your pub is a fine piece of info for our industry, i enjoy it every month. will yore fine upstanding info filled mag publish the annual report of the IICRC and do you support an outside audit of it's business dealings and accounting???

My, your tone got so nice. My answer is yes and yes.

The Preacher

why not publish it for those who don't go to the annual board meeting? why not have it on the table next to the CF applications? why not have a copy at every school they approve?

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Danny Strickland said:
why not publish it for those who don't go to the annual board meeting? why not have it on the table next to the CF applications? why not have a copy at every school they approve?

I just said I'd publish it. Keep up, Danny.

The Preacher

Jeff Cross said:
[quote="Jim Pemberton":195qyn3u]I was ok with the picture.........but having both you AND Danny in the peanut gallery might be too much for my fragile nerves to take....

I will personally pay for Danny to come to the next meeting. My Visa is ready.[/quote:195qyn3u]

are drinks included, or will you fleece Evan for drink tickets like you did at Connection a couple years ago when you tried to git me lickered up and covert me to a Jwit???

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
Would you use Joe Polish material if some other company was already using it in town?

Probably not, but I think there's enough ad materials to make it look different. But any competitive businessman would want to differentiate himself.

Mikey P

Administrator
Jeff Cross said:
[quote="Mikey P":1gh57h0g]How much of a PITA was John Guerkink on the boards before he started his own?

John was always a gentleman, just like you Mike.[/quote:1gh57h0g]

How often does your wifes slap you?

With your smug t'ude and dry wit it must be at least once a week.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Danny Strickland said:
[quote="Jeff Cross":17daj0do][quote="Jim Pemberton":17daj0do]I was ok with the picture.........but having both you AND Danny in the peanut gallery might be too much for my fragile nerves to take....

I will personally pay for Danny to come to the next meeting. My Visa is ready.[/quote:17daj0do]

are drinks included, or will you fleece Evan for drink tickets like you did at Connection a couple years ago when you tried to git me licked up and covert me to a Jwit???[/quote:17daj0do]

Total package, Danny. I only fleece when no one is looking. Didn't see you.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
[quote="Jeff Cross":3lnwgdag][quote="Mikey P":3lnwgdag]How much of a PITA was John Guerkink on the boards before he started his own?

John was always a gentleman, just like you Mike.[/quote:3lnwgdag]

How often does your wifes slap you?

With your smug t'ude and dry wit it must be at least once a week.[/quote:3lnwgdag]

Only have one wife, and I get in trouble all the time.

The Preacher

when and where player???

it better not be Orlando. if it is, will a trip down the Orange Blossom Trail be included??? and will i get "tip" money???

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Danny Strickland said:
when and where player???

it better not be Orlando. if it is, will a trip down the Orange Blossom Trail be included??? and will i get "tip" money???

I think Vancouver is the next one. You get a per diem. Querres Taco Bell?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Would you possibly venture to say that the CF program is possibly simply an easy money generator for IICRC, being that it has no independent education requirements, AND a way for large, multi-truck outfits and franchises with relatively few Certified techs get in on the CRI action, and appear better than an O/O who has extensive education and advanced certifications, but has not bought into the CF thing?

if you would market yourself as being better than the rest in your market due to being a CF, the ONLY one allowed to clean resi carpets, WHAT, other than paying $150 made your firm more qualified than a MC who is not a CF but has insurance and a license and performs there work ethically? Why does paying more money make you better?

Take care,
Lisa

The Preacher

i'll seriously go if you'll pay my way. will i come back a Mike Brummit??? I think Jeff B personally hyp-no-tized him and planted the IICRC chip up his A$$ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
Is there anything special you would like to do while you're here at Mikefest?

Aside from going to the miniputt with Brevik?

Can we get a full fledge article about the event with color pictures and commentary out of you this year?

Mikey P

Administrator
Jeff Cross said:
[quote="Mikey P":ewo9pc06]What CC franchise would you recommend to your best friend looking to get into the trade?

A good one, of course.[/quote:ewo9pc06]

I'm about to cancel your subscription here smart ass.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
truckmount girl said:
Would you possibly venture to say that the CF program is possibly simply an easy money generator for IICRC, being that it has no independent education requirements, AND a way for large, multi-truck outfits and franchises with relatively few Certified techs get in on the CRI action, and appear better than an O/O who has extensive education and advanced certifications, but has not bought into the CF thing?

if you would market yourself as being better than the rest in your market due to being a CF, the ONLY one allowed to clean resi carpets, WHAT, other than paying $150 made your firm more qualified than a MC who is not a CF but has insurance and a license and performs there work ethically? Why does paying more money make you better?

Take care,
Lisa

If I recall correctly, there are a few more than 5,000 CF in the country... not a huge increase from the past, but a significant increase. Yes, there is money involved, but also an educational requirement. More certified techs are needed to create certified firms. As far as the marketing, it is just that... marketing. Why does an IICRC certified technician market himself? It's about the education he received.

To be a CF, you have to have in place many things that most of us do not have. So it is a protection to some degree to the customer.

The Preacher

why not talk to stuffed shirts (and brill cream hair doo's) into having the BOD meeting at MF4???

no better way to reach the salt of the earth cleaner than at the keg!!!

PS you know they would be treated respectfully!!! use yore pull as a mag publisher!

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Danny Strickland said:
i'll seriously go if you'll pay my way. will i come back a Mike Brummit??? I think Jeff B personally hyp-no-tized him and planted the IICRC chip up his A$$ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ah, you cheapskate. You'll only go and attempt to make a difference if someone ELSE is paying?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom