Interview With Thom Fielding 1-17-07

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Have you given any thought of running the vortex on a different type of chassis or designing a different type of box?

Its seems to me there is a great deal of wasted space below the box that BL could incorporate in the whole realm of things.

G

What kind of production do you have under the BlueLine belt for numbers of machines made?

How much of it do you build in house...or do you sub some or alot of the items out?

Do you use Robots yet to do the welding....or by man? Is the paint liquid or powder..and do you paint them in house?

BLUELINE1

Mikey,

We will get to the chems. We have been growing so fast that we just haven't had the time. When we get to that, don't look for the inexpensive stuff. Look for quality. We have a new Director, Sales and Marketing that is researching that field.

Thom

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
where do you see yourself/Blue line 5 to 10 years from now ??....... what are the goals

BLUELINE1

Larry Cobb,

Great to see you as well. "Turns" in the system as well as restrictions are key here.

Let's grab a cup of coffee next time I am in the big D! As always, we can agree or disagree, or better, even learn something new together.

Thom

harryhides

Name
Tony
Thanks for being on here Thom.
Would I be correct in assuming that most Equipment manufacturers assess the needs of carpet cleaners, based on feedback for their dealers?

Do you think that being directly available for questions from over 700 cleaners here will give you a somewhat different view, one that is not filtered by the dealers own understandable agenda ?

ps, I knew Rick Love when we were both Steamway distributors - he's top drawer, IMO.

G

Hi Thom:

I have a Blueline Bluewave that has about 700 hours on it so far. So far its been great. The only issues I've had have been minor and stuff you might expect.

On the water pond there isn't an option for having live reels for the solution or fresh water reels. Maybe something for the future? I had to go to a hose dist. in Phoenix to get something made up.

My question is this: I've bought 4 (I think) truckmounts from distributors. This is a big dollar item for most cleaners ($10k to $25k). Every time after the sale I've never heard one word from the manufacturer. As a manufacturer do you think its important to have contact with the end user or is that more the supply house's role?

Thanks for coming on here. I appreciate it.

Curt

BLUELINE1

Chad,

I just saw a TW in Nashville with over 6,000 hours on it. It was getting a tune up. A lot of hours for a 4 year old machine.

Mikey P

Administrator
I am amazed at how something as simple as a "tun in the system" can effect air flow.

A few days ago I took my vacuum spring relief valve off it's elbow and attached it with a straight 2" to 2" female coupler.

With 100 feet of 2.5 connected, I capped off the hose with my hand and the HG gage topped off at 24 inches!!!

Yikes..

Back goes the elbow!!!!

Billy

Name
BH
You are calling the Vortex a Blueline equipment company. Why has Blueline not fully integrated Vortex into the Blueline lineup?

BLUELINE1

Adam,

We are looking at larger engines that will handle a #5 blower. I know a guy that sells them!

Thom

BLUELINE1

Vincent,

We are always looking at new trucks, engines, blowers, pumps and other components that make up our products.

We are also looking at space considerations.

If you have any ideas, please give me a call anytime to discuss. Your input would be appreciated.

Thom

BLUELINE1

Chad,

We do everything we possibly can in house to meet our specs and control quality.

We are a full sheet metal, welding, powder coating, and assembly manufacturer. Obviously, we do purchase components such as engines and blowers and pumps, as well as some machined items.

Thom

Mikey P

Administrator
Thom

Why dont you manufacture your own wands?

The Westpacks and CMP wands you have "tossed in with the deal" in the past leave a lot to be desired IMO...

And why dont you include a Glide with the machines you sell.

Have you ever ran a Vortex with a glideless wand?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I think I will Thom since you invited me to call, cause I couldn't get your attention at connections, even if I would have had a naked woman with me.

But on another note, why can't or why doesn't tm dealers want to deal on their tm's?

I mean, you sell a v or 70k, why can't one negotiate on price?

BLUELINE1

Jim,

Our goal is not to necessarily be the largest manufacturer in our industry, just the best.

Sorry Chad, we weld everything by hand, and I am a little picky regarding the quality of the weldments. We have all brand new Miller Electric equipment.

Thom

BLUELINE1

Vincent,

We have V's all over North America in a broad range of demographics. We can ship one to any one of our dealers on a drop deck truck as cost efficiently as we can drive one.

Thom

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Why do you not make a small propane heat unit or entry level unit as some call them with a 16 or 20 hp motor

BLUELINE1

Tony,

Thanks for the great feedback on Rick.

While I cannot speak for other manufacturer's, we at BLUEline Equipment Co. talk to the end users of our products on a daily basis. The information that we gain is invaluable to us in both production and engineering aspects.

Thom

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I think Curt, the end user, was pointing out that he was never contacted after buying a $20k machine.

Mikey P

Administrator
I and many, many others can not believe that one of you Truck Mount manufactures has not hired Greenie to do R & D...

Shocked to tell the truth.

The guy really knows his stuff and is a trend setter to say the least.

Innovation is in his blood.

I would bet if you had him out to go over his ideas about changes to the V (and your other machines too) he could save you and Mark a fortune and make you one as well.....

Why not?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Hi Thom,

Is there any chance that the V will be available on the customers choice of platforms?

In other words, here in the California suburbs, I would want a V on a Chevy (I like a truck with a hood!), dual cab, and a long, low and tall box...access is no problem here neither is turn around room or parking.

However for a cleaner in urban Chicago, it's a whole other deal and their needs would be very different.

How hard would it be to offer the V on your choice of platforms?

Thanks and take care,
Lisa

BLUELINE1

Curt,

I believe that I spoke with you and Lenny and invited you to visit our factory in Prescott prior to you purchasing your BlueWave. If I am mistaken, please let me know, or better yet, please call or email me and we will schedule a plant tour and lunch! Glad you are pleased with your unit. We welcome all feedback.

Dirk, you are invited as well. Unfortunately, we are not always advised as to who our dealers sell our products to, although we work very hard to get that information so that we can follow up.

Thom

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom