Is my blower fried again???

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yes...do not use kerosene in yor driveway....momma will keell you......

also if you have a stuck blower...DO NOT put a pipe wrench or beat the lobe wit a 2X4...
jus pour a half a gallon of hot water into it and WAIT for a half hour.....it'll be looser than DAnnys blowhole......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
nope.....and I leave my drain ports open while I am gone so no moister builds up...

Jim sometimes a lobe will stop exactly at the"contact" place on the case....thats when they lock up...a little hot water and yor good ta go...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
It's rare i lube blowers too
But did try Bob's plain, clear water rinse technique.
First time I'd heard of it was from him...thought he was nuts...til i tried it

While the blower is running and hot, i trickle water thru the spray lube port..it really does the trick

BUT, BUT, BUT, i don't have blower HX'ers ..I wouldn't want the gunk 'n crUd slurry that I see coming out of my blower going into HX'ers, that's fo-sho

I will say with absolute certainty, Bob's way is the cat's azz though

..L.T.A.

DAYAUM...Larry has FINALLY came to his senses........

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
WD constant use will gum up a blower.....i only advise it's use after a through rinsing wit clear water....
as WD IS used as water displacement and will dry the blower out so it won't rust.....

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
alright....

need to find a soybean field to purge..
that reminds me...i stopped by the local food patch store to buy my potted meat.... I was gonna send you some...can't find any....no whurr.....
they had porklets....riblets....burgerlets...but no Choplets...:icon_twisted:

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here is my experience I feel I should share.

I ran without lubing the blowers of my Butlers for years.

In 2009, I started running into a situation where my blower would lock up running...Was able to go out and spin it free with back and forth wiggle and lube. OR if the blower wasn't completely stuck, I was blowing belts on the blower under the Butler lid as it was dragging....

Working with Butler, they asked me if I was lubing it up after each day....um...no.... :icon_redface:

It seems the new Blowers tolerances are SUPER close....

I have stuck them and fried the belts on the front of the van to the Butler, even to a point that I had to replace the lower pulley on my newest unit AFTER I WOULD FORGET TO LUBE THE BLOWER AFTER A DAYS WORK.....

I have come outside to see smoke rolling out the front of the van....

So now....I lube those blowers everyday and even remind my son in law....

And, we do let the units run for awhile after every job to displace the moisture out of the blowers....

Just wanted to share.....

And there is no video of smoke rolling from out the front of my van....was in too much of a hurry to shut it off! :oldrolleyes:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK Mark...imagine puttin brylcreem in yor hair everyday day in and day out...there comes a point in time where ya jus gotta get it out and start over..........opps wait....i jus saw yor last picture....nevermind!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
OK Mark...imagine puttin brylcreem in yor hair everyday day in and day out...there comes a point in time where ya jus gotta get it out and start over..........opps wait....i jus saw yor last picture....nevermind!

LOL....

Yeah, I know, that is why I am sure it is recommended to rinse the blower out...I believe monthly is suggested...I better go look....

As soon as I am done doing my hair :)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Steve CGD guy

Supportive Member
I would take the belt off that turns the blower and pump. See if the belt tensioner is wobbly or has a catch in it when you turn it. I have had the bearing go out on me more than once. Easy and cheap fix.

Steve CGD guy

Supportive Member
When the belt tensioner bearing goes out it will lock up and stop the belt from spinning and bog the unit down like you are describing.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Tuthill recommended letting the truck run after your last job to cool the blower in the owners manual. My truck is kept inside a heated and air conditioned shop, no moisture problems. Warranties for the most part are not worth anything, because the blower manufacturer's usually find some fine print to screw you. Keep 5 grand in your bank account and just pay for the replacement. You will sleep better knowing you are always covered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom