is that the Yokums KungFu Powergrip?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Everybody was kung fu fighting .... those cats were quick as lightning.

Love that song.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
have to wonder what the hell is wrong with some manufactures .
You'd think if they were bringing a new woopity-doo gizmo to show off in front of lots of prospects, you'd make damn sure it was "right"...proto or not...you'd think they make it so it didn't fall apart :icon_rolleyes:

not the first time it's happened either.
The Trex that debuted at someone's trade show was faulty ...leaked and streaked like a MoFo...it was obvious it was fooked up
They all get too drunk the night before to get there early enough to make sure the thing was set right BEFORE the prospects show up???

doesn't exactly instill confidence in a manufacture's ability, does it....

stupid.gif

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Goomer

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Did they give up on carbon fiber ? And is there anything that keeps that trigger from dropping forward? To me it looks like a lot of stress and that finger that activates the trigger and extra weight from all that brass on the top end. The plastic joy stick helps with weight. But, the top end needs to be a light as possible.

Mikey P

Administrator
the window is on the Dev wand, not the Mytee.

and yes, much better jet placement on the Bentley now.

Not sure why it has plastic wings.
No interest in the Atari handle or a swivel.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay to address the Mytee, the handle was not complete so the handles we mocked up from a 3 D printer so they could at least bring it to the show, it is not for sale yet, it was just a intro to show the new design.
The Dev wand as far as qd's they need to be there as they help with swivel movement, haven't had them lock up on me yet.
The demo area really had no place to put wands down but on a metal pipe rail that was around the demo area, so setting the wands down Mytee's the handle would take the impact and because of the 3 D resin it held up pretty good. But I think it was just done on the Home Depot 3D printer so it was a little tender to take all the abuse of the show.
Sometimes when guys went to try it they would get hung up on the draped material and would cause the wand to get dropped thus resulting in hitting the handle so you have to give a little grace...I really think the demo was really just to see the peoples reaction to the wand.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
the brass quick connects on the Dev wand are a waste of money. Those things fuse together in no time under heavy use.
Mike they are there to take some of the twist impact off of the jet manifolds, yes I have used these little suckers before and they do freeze up, but so far they are working very well. I think it is because they move a little more than normal so they have been fine.
The window on the top of the wand Had to be done to open up the head for better airflow. It was the only way to get access to the inside of the wand head. It can be bagged on but the truth is even though it does become clouded it still shows water flow, and color so it works pretty good.
I have them being tested on two diesel fire Tm's that subject it to very very high temps and it is holding up just fine.
Most like clear upholstery tools right...this is no different, we could put a metal piece in it no biggie but, I like it, so I feel more will like it than dislike after using it. Wands go out with two windows, so guys will have replacement if needed.
Also wand weight is 8.9oz non swivel, @ 9.5 lbs swivel model.
You know I take great pride in my filter, I would not want to tarnish my rep, with this wand, I have met the guy that machines the head, he lives in Garden Grove Ca. he make the glides for it also.
I have been using it for @ 5 months now and I have tested it against Evo, WpTi, Pc 4, Wp ss, PMF Mach 15, and it has performed as well or BETTER than them.
I feel it will be a great wand and I am a big fan of it, if it didn't perform I would not back it. PERIOD.
I was not a fan of a swivel, guys asked me to design a swivel... so I did, I drew it up took my drawing to TIM my fabricator we went over it and after Tim and his brother Clyde gave me the seal of approval we proceeded to go forward with prototypes, I had 3 made put them on wands and gave them to my buddies that clean in Redding. We used them for one month went back and did another Prototype.
I want to be the best so I went all out
Viton o rings x amount of rows of ss ball bearings sealed in oil, no other swivel comes close to this design...no metal to metal bs. If this swivel fails then a swivel SHOULD NOT BE ON A WAND, but it does have a very big advantage in very heavily furnished surroundings and has made me a believer in a swivel head wand in the RIGHT surroundings, restaurants Big because it allows getting under the tables without crushing your fingers on the tables as you go to reach to the wall, the wand head stays at the right angle to extract all the way to the wall.
I showed it to a guy that does a lot of this kinda cleaning and he was very impressed and could see right away how the wand would be a great help to his cleaning. In the right situ it really can help guys out.
Mike I think you know I try my best to make sure my product lives up to what we expect, I can't change the fact who it is fabricated by, but I can tell you it is better than anything he has EVER turned out, because of that I said I would help to make it a top contender I would give it my best and that is what I am doing.
I came down to Garden Grove and I was NOT aware that the wand was made right here in Cali as I was introduced to him just last week. I talked to him about why the Mytee swivel was wearing, just because you can machine something doesn't mean you understand the forces being put on it and why it fails or wears out.
So I respect you and this board but I also want you to understand that I am really putting my full effort to make a great wand for guys to have and use, I will not post any more unless you ask.
The Dev wand pictured was my personal 5 month old wand I brought it to the show to let the guys see how it is coming a long. Pre orders were taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom