Is the IICRC still in business

Name
Brad Gouveia
I have the same problem I email them 3 times now, with no answer back. I tried calling the at 360-693-5675 that is listed on there site, say it has been disconnected.

I did get a bill from them, but when I went to pay it online the store declined it for some reason.

Would love to know how to get in contact with them.

I have some questions to ask.

FredC

Village Idiot
I have the same problem I email them 3 times now, with no answer back. I tried calling the at 360-693-5675 that is listed on there site, say it has been disconnected.

I got a machine @ 775-553-5458

Maybe you can reach someone during business hours

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Maybe they all took a vacation. Customer service is not their strong point.

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
The IICRC has come to the end of the road, whether they recognize it or not. I don't believe they do . No organization, or individual for that matter can flourish without integrity and trust. Theirs has been squandered. It is unfortunate because so many people gave so much. Training, education, and certifications matter, maybe not to everyone but to those who have committed to being the best it does. To everyone who has spent their hard earned money and spent their precious time bettering themselves, I encourage you to rethink spending another dime with the IICRC. You/We deserve better. There is about to be a significant change in our industry, and an opportunity to move forward in a positive direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Selling patches and collecting fees is what they are best at. In 10 years I have never had a customer care or even ask about my certification.

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Selling patches and collecting fees is what they are best at. In 10 years I have never had a customer care or even ask about my certification.
Louis, Your right they have gouged "registrants" with excessive fees for years then bought a new building in Vegas with the money. Maybe you've never had a customer ask you about being certified but if you think they don't care about your education and training you'd be mistaken. I don't know if you do, but if you spent the time and effort to become certified you should tell every customer you have. It tells them you take your work/business seriously, and separates you from those who aren't willing to make the same commitment.

Billy

Name
BH
We are having same issue been trying to renew our certifications for mths. About to give up since we haven't seen any benefit to having this expensive and worthless certified statutes. Iicrc already ripped us off a few year's back when we paid for a new firm packet to be sent so we could give it a try again. It never arrived but they got paid.

Only reason we kept the certifications is we invested allot in them.

Iicrc equals bad customer service for sure.

FredC

Village Idiot
Louis, Your right they have gouged "registrants" with excessive fees for years then bought a new building in Vegas with the money. Maybe you've never had a customer ask you about being certified but if you think they don't care about your education and training you'd be mistaken. I don't know if you do, but if you spent the time and effort to become certified you should tell every customer you have. It tells them you take your work/business seriously, and separates you from those who aren't willing to make the same commitment.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way...................but

Why is it the only people saying things like this are the ones that have involvement with associations?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I took lots of classes paid many fees. Sticker on the van logo on my invoice and handed out brochures. No one ever cared. Then the day came between putting food on the table and paying fees. Went to rejoin and they were very rude about it. Almost went back a few times but I think my money can be invested somewhere else with a better return. I really wish they would get it together and do something for the cleaner, I would definitely rejoin. But for now I'm out.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Before any one who cares to read what follows gets the wrong impression:

I'm not apologizing for the current state of affairs with the IICRC, which I find to be completely unacceptable.

I'm also not playing the "IICRC Class Booster", as I no longer am associated with the IICRC as a trainer with the classes I teach.

When I reflect on the benefits that the IICRC has brought to the industry..ESPECIALLY the "little guys"...its not been marketing or recognition of certification, as much as both are worthy things that I can only hope will one day happen.

When I observed training in the 70's, there were people out there teaching dry solvent cleaning of upholstery and drapery without explaining the need for respiratory protection, telling students cleaning up after sewage losses to "roll around in the s**t so that you won't be slowed down trying to stay clean" and other very questionable statements regarding safety. Other trainers were so brand driven that cleaners were buying things they really didn't need based on the perceived position the trainer had in the industry, or his personal charisma.

Such questionable information or teaching styles were restricted, if not entirely eliminated, by the process of which tests and class structures were developed by industry volunteers, not all of which were trainers, who worked within the IICRC structure.

I'm not saying that everyone posting here who is fed up with not getting public recognition or proven "dollars in the pocket" from using the IICRC name isn't right to feel that way; VERY often they were told in classes that their certification would get them work and enable them to make more money. Both have happened, but not consistently and not to the level many were promised.

I'm only saying that if you went to a class that was with an IICRC instructor and school, the quality of the education that you got was likely far better than it had been in the past, if for no other reason that what was taught had to pass muster from a group of individuals with industry experience, not just one person with their own agenda.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There is an option - ICRA provides certification based on actually demonstrating your ability and understanding of how to clean carpet in addition to written (or cognitive) testing.

For those interested, ICRA certification will be done in conjunction with the upcoming Experience Conference and Trade show. Many leading industry instrcutors are getting on-board including Barry Costa and Jim Holland.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
CRA provides certification based on actaully demonstrating your ability and understanding of how to clean carpet in addition to written (or cognitive) testing.
giphy.gif

Reactions: ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom