Is there a REAL "niceguy" in this industry?

Mikey P

Administrator
There has been some back room talk about if one, or maybe two even exist in this industry.

Now I'm not talking about some one truck operator or Ken Snow here, I want to know if any supplier, teacher, manufacturer or sad old retired IICRC columnist is really just a nice guy doing what he can for his fellow rug sucker. You know a person not out for the quick or slow buck, not willing (or able) to lie to your face about your pitiful finances, or some used shoe salesman Carnegie-ing you to buy a booth at his next Carnival Cruise expose'..

Just a person you would be more than proud to bring home to mother.

Is there a person in the higher ups of this racket that does not laugh at your EZ truckmount when you leave the shop, chuckle at your man boobs or think your a capitol L when you don't buy into his guaranteed face time biz coaching program? Don't forget to leave out the religious zealots that will sell you the farm while they count their blessing that they wont have to share heaven with the likes of you.

Think long and hard before you give your suggestion.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Nicest person is Lisa

No close seconds, but if its gotta be a guy, I think about it for a while.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Lisa..Jim...an' John.......

in no particular order...of course Lisa IS ....

better lookin'...............and HOT...HOT.....HOT!!!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Lisa is certainly Oscar award material...

I'm talking the type of person who really sees nothing negative about any human and if they did would never say anything about it to anyone. The understand human nature and think its beautiful.

Does such a thing exist?

I know a few hippies that seem to pull it off but they don't work in service or sales for a living.
That is the key right there. Can you deal with the public on our level and not get jaded?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I second Jim & Lisa but if that sounds to biased, what about Bad Billy Yeadon?

Although he may have laughed at my man boobs! :wink:

He didn't!
:mrgreen:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Both yeadon and toburen freaked out when nick said of me, "He kinda waddles like watson too." :shock:

"You can't tell somebody they waddle!"

So... maybe that counts as not making fun of man boobs?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
First, I should not even be in the running. Other than Lisa, who proves her niceness by thinking I'm worthy of it, many of you know my dark side.

Further, the picture Mike is painting is not one that is complimentary to someone who is attempting to function in society today.

I'm talking the type of person who really sees nothing negative about any human and if they did would never say anything about it to anyone. The understand human nature and think its beautiful.

I don't know that anyone would want to be seen in that fashion. Perhaps I'm wrong, but even our Lisa would not fit that description. She's tough as nails when she needs to be.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Two men whose names should be in the hat, imo -

Jeff Cross and Bryan O'Haleck - never steered me wrong, never mocked me or razzed me about my accent or sense of humor, at least not to my face.... never raise their voices or swear, always professional and respectful - class acts both of them.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Jim Pemberton said:
First, I should not even be in the running. Other than Lisa, who proves her niceness by thinking I'm worthy of it, many of you know my dark side.

Further, the picture Mike is painting is not one that is complimentary to someone who is attempting to function in society today.

I don't know that anyone would want to be seen in that fashion. Perhaps I'm wrong, but even our Lisa would not fit that description. She's tough as nails when she needs to be.

"dark side"????

can yous fill us in...a little?

Bjorn

I'm going to vote for ODIN

hunting31.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jeff Cross and Bryan O'Haleck - never steered me wrong, never mocked me or razzed me about my accent or sense of humor, at least not to my face.... never raise their voices or swear, always professional and respectful - class acts both of them.
You have an accent?
:mrgreen:

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
"the inclination of man is bad all the time" a good person can recognise this but fights hard to not give in to his own bad inclinations

whatever they might be.

Chads

Supportive Member
I would have to vote for John from Mytee heck of a stand up guy and could seem any nicer, he is the type that really would give his shirt off his back for you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll nominate Vawter...what the hell could he ever make fun of anyone else that they couldn't say right back??

I still love ya Bawb... are you still alive or is someone continuing your subscription here?

R

R W

I'd go with Jimmy P, and Gary Heacock.......

....but then there's "Chuckie".

hogjowl

Idiot™
According to how I understand the standards set by the original post (if anyone can really understand what Mikey is saying), I would have to say that Lisa is the only one that comes to mind. Scott Warrington is a good guy, but he has proven that he will sell you worthless things when his bosses tell him to. Bill Yeadon is a nice guy, but he WILL laugh a people behind their backs. (He did me.) Steve Toburen comes to my mind and I have experienced nothing from him that would lead me to believe he's anything other than what he portrays himself to be ... so he may be one.

Jim Martin has been straight up with me in every way. I would trust him with my business if I were hurt and couldn't work (and Aflac wouldn't send the duck). He will tell you like it is, and I imagine he would tell you that you are a fool if he thought so ... so he may not qualify.

There's three people I trust in this industry completely. Lisa, Martin and jImMY. But only one of them qualify for this award according to it's standards set up by bucket head.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Big Bill Yeadon, Jim Pemberton, Jeff Cross, Steve Toburen, John Labarbera, all class act's, and everyone knows Lisa rocks! However I have to agree that none of these truly meet your qualifications entirely...
"To err is human, to forgive divine".
But I vote for all of these as someone I would trust to run my business in time of need without question or reservation.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Anna Augastino.
a lot of new guys on this board don't know her
But all the Old Guard does

she's the genuine article and head and shoulders above everyone else

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom