Is there a REAL "niceguy" in this industry?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have a had really good luck with the cleaners depot in nashville, tn.. The service managers name is chris thats all i know. He has worked at many places across the us. here is the post from the website some of you may know him hes great.
Chris Pond, our Service Director, has been involved in the Cleaning and Restoration industry for 30 years.

He started out at Preferred Chemical and Equipment in Seattle, Washington in 1978 as a cleaner. He therefore knows and understands first hand cleaning methods and challenges.

A few years later, the company changed ownership and Chris stayed on as a mechanic. In June of 1994 Chris left Preffered Chemical and Equipment to accept a mechanic position with ProChem. While at ProChem, Chris earned many awards for excellence and innovation including multiple Annual Service Awards and Product Innovation and Development Awards.

Chris worked at ProChem until December 1998, when Jon-Don offered him the position of Operations Manager at their Atlanta, Georgia store. Jon-Don soon promoted Chris to their national headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. There Chris managed repairs and mechanic training for the entire Jon-Don Corporation as National Service Manager.

Utilizing years of knowledge, he also excelled in design and invention. In April 2006 Chris and his family decided to move to Nashville, Tennessee, bringing his renowned ability to The Cleaner?s Depot.

Because of Chris? expertise, The Cleaner?s Depot has become the Tennessee Warranty Center for ProChem, Mytee, BlueLine, RotoVac, US Products, HydraMaster, EDIC, Phoenix, Vortex, Power Flite and Viper, among others.

Carpet and Restoration companies from across the country travel to Tennessee to have Chris install, repair, and maintain their equipment. Chris is the only person to date that has scored a perfect score on Vortex inventor Shaun York?s Operator Certification Test prompting the inventor?s personal commendation to Chris. Chris has organized, maintained, and added to The Cleaner?s Depot?s service department inventory, superlative service, and qualified staff.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My nomination goes to Tom McLaughlin from Modernistic here in Troy!
Tom has pullt my fat outta the fire on more than a few occasions......his commitment to helping fellow CCers out is unwavering......and he's truly a "nice guy"!
Thanks Tom

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I want to know if any supplier, teacher, manufacturer or sad old retired IICRC columnist is really just a nice guy doing what he can for his fellow rug sucker.

Everyone needs to get paid, but there are lots of guys that still fit the bill; too many to mention without leaving someone out. I really admire those guys. Don't include me even if I'm willing to help someone for free. I like to get things done, and I lack the patience to work with cretins while waiting for them to retire so I can avoid a confrontation.

Also, today, I made fun of Tony's accent. :p

Truly nice guys often think everyone is like them and so are sometimes easily conned by people that aren't like them. Nice guys NEED guys like Terry.

PS: The suppliers in the Seattle area all seem to be willing to find out what the customer needs rather than seeing how much they can afford.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I feel there are a lot of nice people in this industry and the world at large. I don't know many of you except for your internet personas and I think I like most of the poeple that are here.

Jim Pemberton and I worked together 15 + years ago on the Board of Directors of UCCI, a regional trade assoc. I was a younger, less confident newbie to public speaking and suddenly thrust into the role of President/Chairman. I had been used to working with employee on a one to one or small group basis but this regional industry stuff was foreign to me. Jim made me feel like what I said was important & that I could do anything, while I'm sure he was really thinking I was a nincompoop. He emulated servant leadership that I will always remember with gratitude. I am sure there are many others mentioned that are as deserving as he is, but please know that Jim made a difference in my life and for that I am grateful. Thank You Jim!

Ken

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Lisa, Jim P., Bill (beer run) Yeadon, Steve Touberon, Jeff Cross and Chavez (only because he sent me a Jayhawks championship t-shirt :D !) :mrgreen:

Bjorn

I'm going to say merty sluttley

4MartyTeacherspetmLg.jpg

we all know how this is always there to give a hand to those in need

Walt

I vote for Gary Heacock.

Here's why: When I was learning to do residential work, I got stuck on a Haitian cotton couch. It was really soiled and I didn't know what I was doing. I called him from the job. He drove over and helped me work on it. It turned out great. The lady is still a client.

He never asked for money, he just wanted to help. I know he's done similar things for others.

I also vote for John Labarbera. He's a class act and a gentleman. We all know what he's doing for the industry.

G

KeithCo said:
Good call on Gary Heacock and Anna.

Also, Scott Rendall.
Will make time for anybody.

I agree. I don't know about the Scooter making time for anybody thing, but those are the names that came to mind for me too. I would have to say Wayne Miller should be added to the list.

Walt said:
I vote for Gary Heacock.

Here's why: When I was learning to do residential work, I got stuck on a Haitian cotton couch. It was really soiled and I didn't know what I was doing. I called him from the job. He drove over and helped me work on it. It turned out great. The lady is still a client.

He never asked for money, he just wanted to help. I know he's done similar things for others.

I also vote for John Labarbera. He's a class act and a gentleman. We all know what he's doing for the industry.

I have to agree. Gary is a very helpfull person. He is the guy that I turn to on the tough ones.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:
I want to know if any supplier, teacher, manufacturer or sad old retired IICRC columnist is really just a nice guy doing what he can for his fellow rug sucker. You know a person not out for the quick or slow buck ... Just a person you would be more than proud to bring home to mother.

Think long and hard before you give your suggestion.

I would vote for the dual combo of Big Billy Yeadon and Scotty Warrington. Both nice, humble guys who are not in it for the buck and will do anything for anybody.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Scott made a marginal choice in employment some years back but hey, everyone is allowed ONE dumb decision in their life! :)

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think Scott ended up being a Patsy in the whole BP Direct dabacle, otherwise he seemed like a very helpful, humble guy.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
meAt said:
Anna Augastino.
a lot of new guys on this board don't know her
But all the Old Guard does

she's the genuine article and head and shoulders above everyone else

..L.T.A.
BINGO!

Anna is a sweetie.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Mark Kling, DSC Products... Lou Querin, Cleanco... Wayne Boone, HydraMaster...
Give me a day and I'll give you hundreds of names.

The dirty players just stand out, so get more notice.

G

:shock:

Who?

Of course Greenie! I enjoyed getting to spend some time with him and Lisa at MF in San Diego. Some perv named 'can I have that Ken' was sitting at the Soup Plantation with us trying to talk dirty to Lisa, but she put him in his place more than once! Even made him blush! Me and Greenie were complete gentleman though!

klewis4

Steve Toburen, Bill Yeadon, and Mikey P should all be candidates. These are the three that have in one way or another made a big impact on how I think about the cleaning industry and conduct my business (and in a positive way....even Mikey).

G

will elect mickey

DSC00281.jpg

a face even more beautiful than my sister inlaw Gupta

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Don tell Mikey this....

i've had a MikeyVacTatTee on at least ONCE every day since....

WF!!!!

see me .....right behind Mikey givin' the secret sign!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
The last time I gave you credit you told me to stop sucking up

Martin fits the bill and so does Pemberton(never met him) and Lisa

Fon is up there also but he would probably like to ring my neck at times

Anna could be right up there also, she has a great heart, even though you ran her into the ground about SF

Heacock is there also

windmarkbob

Damn, there's more than just a few, but I'll name the top three, of the ones I've met, and there are tons more I haven't met yet, but am hoping to one day.

In no particular order...

Martin King

Bill Yeadon

Steve Toburen

Back
Top Bottom