Is Turbo tile cleaner in addition to a tile wand really necessary?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I've heard from people I respect different opinions.

1. Some love the turbo and some say that with proper dwell and agitation, a turbo is not really necessary. According to them the wand is fsster, much easier to maneuver and reaches into tighter spaces.
  2. Also they say that the turbo consumes a lot more water. I'll be using my own fresh water tank, so water is an issue and I'd like to conserve so the tank lasts longer through the day.

I need to buy tile cleaning equipment and don't mind spending the money if the tool is really necessary (saves time, easier on the body or cleans better).

Your experience, please.

Mikey P

Administrator
Both are a must. Not an opinion but fact.

those that use one or the other are jut broke or bought the wrong tool.

the magic that happens under a spinner can't not be duplicated with a wand or just scrubbing.

Fortunately, many floors, especially your repeats don't need that time consuming magic so out comes the wand.

and seeing how all spinner are round and too tall for many cabinets and other obstacles, the wand comes to the rescue.

Mikey P

Administrator
unfortunately, every hard surface wand being sold today are lacking.

Poor water recovery, streaking, crappy swivels, poor angles etc

Many smooth, non scratch-able stone and vinyl floors react well if not better to a teflon glided carpet wand.

Reactions: ruff

Mikey P

Administrator
ok..

TurboForce Gecko

raptor.png

Sloppy swivel, odd tube angles, poor water recovery due to internal manifold, personally not a fan on pressure washing gun triggers

-----------------------

PMF tool

pmw15904wandsml.jpg

Poor recovery due to internal manifold, streaks soft surfaces, I prefer the 12" head over all the other's 14". High priced due to American made. S bend available as well as a 2" tube.

------------------

Interlink/Hydraforce Gekoe

dbaedef67f2fea14b126ee9586daad88.jpg

Lots of head options. Sloppy swivel, 14" head is too big to be swiveling. Like taking a blind dog for a walk. Grip makes it hard to use for anyone but very tall operators. Nice brush assemble, keep water better contained than others

----------------------------

Westpack

a_150221808410-1542.jpg

14" head is hard to control, brush ring lets out too much water, sloppy swivel. External manifold allow for slightly better recovery, cheapest of the bunch though.

-------------------------

Dream wand.

Head shaped like a PMF stair tool, triangulated with a thin screamer air flow chamber, Tom swivel, External jet manifold within a heat and splash guard shield, tight and short brush ring. Probably would not need to be a 2" tube.

In the mean time a Bonzer type glide on a 12" Tom wand would probably be the cats meow.

bonzer-with-brushes-med.jpg

Reactions: KSL and ruff

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I use both. If you already have a glided wand sitting around not being used, you should try it. I bought the PMF tile wand. The angle is wrong and it doesn’t recover water as well as it should. I use it at low pressure for rinsing after pre-spray and or after scrub. But needed something besides the Turbo. Surprising there isn’t a good tile wand being manufactured at the moment. The turbo uses more water. Still... you need both.

steve_64

I do mostly concrete with my tools and found if I don't use the spinner first it streaks and doesn't come as clean. If I just use the spinner you can feel the grit left behind. So I spin then wand everything.

I have the TH 40 15 in spinner and the Turbo force wand I think.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams

Love my Turbo Hybrid. It's a great tool. Used to come with a brush ring and a Teflon ring. It does flow some serious water so be prepared to water Mrs. Pilfs bushes.

You might could get by with just a wand if you have something to agitate with first 175 etc....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
ok..

TurboForce Gecko

raptor.png

Sloppy swivel, odd tube angles, poor water recovery due to internal manifold, personally not a fan on pressure washing gun triggers

-----------------------

PMF tool

pmw15904wandsml.jpg

Poor recovery due to internal manifold, streaks soft surfaces, I prefer the 12" head over all the other's 14". High priced due to American made. S bend available as well as a 2" tube.

------------------

Interlink/Hydraforce Gekoe

dbaedef67f2fea14b126ee9586daad88.jpg

Lots of head options. Sloppy swivel, 14" head is too big to be swiveling. Like taking a blind dog for a walk. Grip makes it hard to use for anyone but very tall operators. Nice brush assemble, keep water better contained than others

----------------------------

Westpack

a_150221808410-1542.jpg

14" head is hard to control, brush ring lets out too much water, sloppy swivel. External manifold allow for slightly better recovery, cheapest of the bunch though.

-------------------------

Dream wand.

Head shaped like a PMF stair tool, triangulated with a thin screamer air flow chamber, Tom swivel, External jet manifold within a heat and splash guard shield, tight and short brush ring. Probably would not need to be a 2" tube.

In the mean time a Bonzer type glide on a 12" Tom wand would probably be the cats meow.

bonzer-with-brushes-med.jpg
Blasphemy, pure Blasphemy.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John I appreciate the offer and if my local supplier did not have it, you'll be the first one I call as you offer great customer service, integrity, dependability and fast shipping. Not to mention the sweets.

However since Ray closed, I found a good supplier in the Sacramento area (Ray recommended them) and would like to support them.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Quite surprising to find out, let alone disappointing, that there's no single tile wand that actually performs well.

I wonder if they can create an attachable head to connect to an existing wand. Like the PC- Ti.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Smart people that offer and like to design tools.
Like Tom or Green Glide.

There are plenty of good popular wands that are designed fairy well (good recovery) that I suspect could be fitted with a head designed for tile.
PC-Ti could be one.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I love finding a good point to disagree with Mikey. He’s full of bs on his explanation of westpaks 14”. That wand kicks ass and the brush ring gives plenty of closure to extract almost all the water, leaving behind a barely damp floor that’s dry in less than 5min

I’m comparing that wand to a cheap eBay tile wand that made me hate tile cleaning for several years.

The swivel...I don’t know. I don’t think there’s enough bad to complain about it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I love finding a good point to disagree with Mikey. He’s full of bs on his explanation of westpaks 14”. That wand kicks ass and the brush ring gives plenty of closure to extract almost all the water, leaving behind a barely damp floor that’s dry in less than 5min

I’m comparing that wand to a cheap eBay tile wand that made me hate tile cleaning for several years.

The swivel...I don’t know. I don’t think there’s enough bad to complain about it.

One job and an expert already.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

The new Westpak 14" hard-surface is different from the older one Mikey showed above:
14Squeegee.jpg
WestPak Easy-touch valve. I think it performs pretty well.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=5509

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD
J

JS41035

Buy a 12 inch turbo hybrid. And a gekko wand with both heads. Your done. Pay it off in 3 jobs. Both have good water recovery. If not do some extra drying strokes.
I agree that both tools are necessary.
I don’t sweat the water recovery of tile and grout tools. I do hate the shut off valve options we have. If you a ton of tile and grout you will notice that they start dripping very quick.

Back
Top Bottom