JB

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bob Foster said:
There's a reason why some good folks who serve us in this industry will spend and hour on the phone helping a cleaner and end up solving their problem on a machine they never bought from them for a sale of a $6 fitting or often for no sale at all.

And it has nothing to do with money.

Totally agree...but why cut off your nose to spite your face...

I can totally understand not wanting to sell to someone because they are not making a payment of something like that...
But why should good people have to walk on egg shells and watch what they say..or monitor there number of post on his board if they want to buy something...
I think that even for you this makes no since.....He is in the business to deal with the public just like we are...we have to accept people for who they are and deal with each one individually...or we are going to die a slow painful death....

So who is he really hurting...he is not a speciality distributor...so it is not like we can't get what we need somewhere else...and more and more people are willing to pay the few extra coins and not have to deal with him...

dgargan

Why would anyone want to make it a PITA to order products from you? Doesn't make any business sense ? Would you tell all your cleaning customers that you will not clean for them again until they post good things about you on Google, Angies list, or Facebook?

Bob Foster

All of us can see that Joe wants to do business differently than most.

What I know is
He knows what he's talking about
He offers excellent service
He has very good pricing
He eats distributors that he thinks screw him around for breakfast and disingenuous people for lunch

Chris A

Name
Chris
Bob Foster said:

What I know is
He knows what he's talking about. True
He offers excellent service. Until you don't do something that pisses him off
He has very good pricing. No longer worth the hassle
He eats distributors that he thinks screw him around for breakfast and disingenuous people for lunch

What's disingenuous about just wanting to buy something without having to jump through a bunch of hoops? I'll, any one who is willing to put up with shit like this has zero backbone.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bob Foster said:

What I know is
He knows what he's talking about- Yes he does.

He offers excellent service- Not when you take into account that he goes a little off the well traveled road, when he perceives an imaginary wrong done to him. See most other posts, including me, beside yourself.

He has very good pricing- He does.

He eats distributors that he thinks screw him around for breakfast and disingenuous people for lunch- Read some other posts here from people that even you learned to respect, he goes way beyond just that.

Now, Bob, I know you from this board, respect and like you. And I am certainly not trying to persuade you to change your opinion or to feel any different. Actually, your loyalty to your friends is one of your fine qualities.
I just hope it is not misplaced.

Mikey P

Administrator
Bob, your defense of this ridiculousness is sickening.

If Jon Don or Interlink started forums and declared the same rules you'd be first in line after Wheelwright to form a protest committee or rat them out to NAFTA

F

FB7777

Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Bob Foster":z1xmqffy]All of us can see that Joe wants to do business differently than most.

What I know is
He knows what he's talking about- Yes he does.

He offers excellent service- Not when you take into account that he goes a little off the well traveled road, when he perceives an imaginary wrong done to him. See most other posts, including me, beside yourself.

He has very good pricing- He does.

He eats distributors that he thinks screw him around for breakfast and disingenuous people for lunch- Read some other posts here from people that even you learned to respect, he goes way beyond just that.

Now, Bob, I know you from this board, respect and like you. And I am certainly not trying to persuade you to change your opinion or to feel any different. Actually, your loyalty to your friends is one of your fine qualities.
I just hope it is not misplaced.
[/quote:z1xmqffy]
X2

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bob Foster said:

What I know is
He knows what he's talking about....true..when it comes to a lot of things he knows his stuff..

He offers excellent service....refusing to sell to someone because he did not like what they said or has not meet his post quota on his board is excellent service...???...Come on Bob...your only lying to yourself...IF...his service was so great then he would not have the complaints against him that he does...with some of his products he would be well a head of the distributors that you say he eats for breakfast...the very same ones that want nothing to do with him...

He has very good pricing...pricing is lower then most...but because of his excellent service...most are willing to pay the extra money and not deal with him...so I don't see where pricing is even a factor if he is not making the money he could..

Correct me if I am wrong or was mislead...but didn't interlink get tired of his crap and made there own cuff and told him to hit the bricks...No one really cares if you support him..but ay least be honest with yourself..because everyone else already knows what they are dealing with when it comes to him...Accept it or not...he has screwed over a lot of good people for no reason at all..

Bob Foster

Nobody says you can't shop at Interlink or Jon Don but Joe says you can't shop at his place.

I love it. Its a reverse logic. He's like the anti-distributor. Its Joe the real person your dealing with and not some national multimillion dollar distribution empire. That's a lot of stuff on one persons hands to deliver. There aren't too many one man band distributors around. Every minute they spend on the phone is valuable and every order they take or lose matters.

I'm sure that Jon Don or Interlink and others wish that some of the time wasters would go somewhere else. Its like some freak talking to you for hours on the phone then goes somewhere else to buy. Or like a carpet cleaner that goes to a CAD and gorges himself with food and free samples yet doesn't spend a dime there all year. Do you guys realize how many POS carpet cleaners there are out there that do things like that?

But having said all that I have about Real Cleaners don't let my remarks make your judgement about your situations because I can understand how you might feel and I'm not party to any of your dealings with Joe.

Connor

Name
Connor
Bob Foster said:
Nobody says you can't shop at Interlink or Jon Don but Joe says you can't shop at his place.

I love it. Its a reverse logic. He's like the anti-distributor. Its Joe the real person your dealing with and not some national multimillion dollar distribution empire.

From what I am reading about the way he allegedly talks to customers, he's never going to be that way either.

I don't think this will ever happen with him.

k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzEk]

Bob Foster

Jim, people can make the choice where they spend their money. You take the benefits and shortcomings and weigh them to make your choice.

There's a whole lot more to the Bristor/Interlink story than you have stated and you damn well know it.

And I really couldn't care less if my viewpoint in in harmony with the back room politics of this board.

And for the record, I haven't spent ONE DIVE with Joe in over a year but plan to buy some things from him soon. And from what I understand you never hear him demanding that people spend money with him, he asked for contributions to his board to help other cleaners out.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bob Foster said:
Jim, people can make the choice where they spend their money. You take the benefits and shortcomings and weigh them to make your choice.

There's a whole lot more to the Bristor/Interlink story than you have stated and you damn well know it.

And I really couldn't care less if my viewpoint in in harmony with the back room politics of this board.

And for the record, I haven't spent ONE DIVE with Joe in over a year but plan to buy some things from him soon. And from what I understand you never hear him demanding that people spend money with him, he asked for contributions to his board to help other cleaners out.

every distributor is going to take a hit now and then because they did not make someone happy...its all part of the game...

But we are not talking about one that gets a bad rap from a cleaner that was not happy with a product or service...
we are talking about one that has pages of complaints..about the way he treats people...the writing is on the wall...he has set his own reputation...not on just this board but just about all of them...So it is not "my viewpoint in harmony with the back room politics of this board".....He has made his own reputation...No one has put him where he is..he did this all himself..and everyone knows it...and the complaints will keep coming...

So why he is over there patting you on the back...I promise you he is just finding the soft spot to dig the knife later......

hogjowl

Idiot™
Bob Foster said:

Well that explains it. You just don't want to piss him off until your order gets in.

However, let me caution you... it's normally during the order process when he goes skitzoid on you.

Bob Foster

You're kiddin Marty, Joe got mad at you?

Never would have figgered that would happen.

It probably went like this.

Hello, this is Joe, how can I help you?

This is Martin Sutley.

Who?

Martin Sut...

Click

hogjowl

Idiot™
Actually, the last time ... there have been two times ... I emailed him to order some sticky pads. I told him to send me four rolls. He emailed me back and said he had sent me 2 regular size rolls and two of the largest size ones. I then emailed him again saying I didn't even know there WAS a larger size, but THAT WAS OK. I said I WAS SURE THE LARGER ONES WOULD BE OK.

I get this email back with his screw you quote and then a "good by Marty!"

I'm sitting at my computer thinking to myself ... he must be off his meds.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm going to have to assume that Joe has Bob convinced that "back room politics" were the reason he quit posting here.

ask Lisa, meAt, Jim, Chavez or whatshisname if Joe has ever been discussed in the back room politics room..

What a joke. Joe got pissed the we auctioned off a hand tool from Pemberton's that went for more than Joe sells it for so all of a sudden MB is all about ripping off cleaners.

Nut.

Job.

Bob Foster

Mikey P said:
I'm going to have to assume that Joe has Bob convinced that "back room politics" were the reason he quit posting here.

You really like promoting the idea that I can't think for myself.

You have not yet completed your apprenticeship in vilifying but you're progressing well. :lol: The reason I can tell is if I chose to grab away that stick you've been poking me with I could easily jab at the tender underbelly of your ego.

But that would ruin the fun so I'll keep letting you think you're winnin.... shiteatinggrin because there is only 79 replies and 718 views so far about Joe Bristor and Real Cleaners.

Remember this thread is about its about Joe, not me.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Is saving $5 worth supporting someone that really doesn't give a rats ass about you?

hogjowl

Idiot™
While I agree that you have been treated unfairly at times, I certainly can see how some people can get the impression that you are gullible. In some ways, you remind me of Peter Seltzer. He's a good guy, but has a tendency to go overboard in his zeal for whatever his latest endeavor is at that moment. You tend to go overboard with your master of the month.

First it was Mikey.

Then it was Jeff and Cooper.

Now it's Joe. (and Brevik)

If it's Rob Allen tomorrow, I'm gonna puke.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bob Foster said:
[quote="Mikey P":225rp9xt]I'm going to have to assume that Joe has Bob convinced that "back room politics" were the reason he quit posting here.

You really like promoting the idea that I can't think for myself.

You have not yet completed your apprenticeship in vilifying but you're progressing well. :lol: The reason I can tell is if I chose to grab away that stick you've been poking me with I could easily jab at the tender underbelly of your ego.

But that would ruin the fun so I'll keep letting you think you're winnin.... shiteatinggrin because there is only 79 replies and 718 views so far about Joe Bristor and Real Cleaners.

Remember this thread is about its about Joe, not me.[/quote:225rp9xt]

There is only 79 replays because Joe screwing someone over is like a best vacuum thread...something over and over..

Bob Foster

If he cared he wouldn't spent hours on the phone helping people or put up a resource center for cleaners to help each other. If this was only about the money he wouldn't have sent that letter out.

That isn't to say that you don't also care about your customers and know what it takes to keep them happy.

Joe's place isn't every cleaners cup of tea and its their choice where they do business.

Bob Foster

Marty said:
While I agree that you have been treated unfairly at times, I certainly can see how some people can get the impression that you are gullible. In some ways, you remind me of Peter Seltzer. He's a good guy, but has a tendency to go overboard in his zeal for whatever his latest endeavor is at that moment. You tend to go overboard with your master of the month.

First it was Mikey.

Then it was Jeff and Cooper.

Now it's Joe. (and Brevik)

If it's Rob Allen tomorrow, I'm gonna puke.

Seltzer :shock: Ivebeensold hey Marty, blow me

Does Rob Allen have Skype? !dork! :?: :idea: :!:

Bob Foster

Well get it . It would be good to talk with you about some of these people behind their backs. :lol:

Skype diverbob

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Bob Foster said:
If he cared he wouldn't spent hours on the phone helping people or put up a resource center for cleaners to help each other. If this was only about the money he wouldn't have sent that letter out.

That isn't to say that you don't also care about your customers and know what it takes to keep them happy.

Joe's place isn't every cleaners cup of tea and its their choice where they do business.

You are quite right, and because of this post with 800 views, there is probably 750 potential customers that wouldn't buy anything from him - even if he tried to give it away. Myself included.

Back
Top Bottom