Joe Bristor should be back on here

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bob Foster said:
So distributors seem to have a sense of entitlement simply because they are local. Well they better make sure they deserve the loyalty and not just expect it.
You got that right. Some do and they better earn it.

Bill Soukoreff said:
Joe provides me an alternative choice Choice is good. At the end of the day we all choose to do business with people we like or feel comfortable with. I happen to like Joe and his products and his service is second to none. Price is not even a factor. Your experience may differ, so shop elsewhere.

Agreed. Just that Bob was singing his praises poetically. It needed some bulletin board balance.

Bob Foster

Jim Martin said:
Joe hates shitheads and people who want to play games. - ME TOO! He gets pissed off sometimes - big deal just phone him back the next day and work it out. Tell me one supplier here that doesn't have their issues. Name one!

sorry..but bull shit bob....I did not play games with him...I worked my ass off to help him on a few things like the pool filter..which was an idea that I came up with and handed to him and did not want nothing in return..I spent time helping him work on wand valves and never ever crossed him...He is mad at me because I said that I liked Mytee's cuffs....BFD..he should of known me better then that..I am unbiased and favor no one...so now he won't sell me a damn thing...

I talked to a friend of mine about some hose and told him Joe had the best stuff ordered him some....I find out Joe was the middle man and some other company sent it to me...I bought 200 feet...150 foot for my friend and 50 foot for me...They sent me the wrong stuff...and I did not even notice it because I never opened my box..my friend got a hold of me and told me about it and so I got a hold of Joe...he told me I had to deal with the company that I got it from...why...I went thru him when I bought it..never the less...in the end..I ended up going thru someone else and buying the right stuff for my friend out of my own pocket and ate the rest....and no...I never even told Joe...it was not worth it....

so here we are over a year later and I need some cuffs.....I got a hold of Joe and asked if he can sell me some...

he sent me a service disclaimer that he refuses the right to serve me because I have been dishonest and disrespectful or vindictive against him...

I like Joe...I have nothing against him what so ever...and if you board hop and read my post I still refer people to him because he has some great things that help people out....

so just hide and wait................your day will come...I gave him no reason what so ever to pull this on me.......

I don't know what happened with you Jim. None of my business.

And I have had my day with Joe and it came and went. He got way out of line because he went off on one of his tangents but later when he settled down we were all good. I have heard your type of story about Joe over and over and their is truth to it. So take the same attitude with Joe as he would with people he doesn't want to deal with.... Don't deal with him or deal with him.

Volatile? - yup. He's a sincere man that is misunderstood that himself often misunderstands some of the intent of the people he deals with. Maybe he's a fed up with people trying to get something over him. In spite of Joe telling every major distributor and manufacturer he has ever dealt with to go F themselves - he's still standing and appears to be doing well.

I hope like hell he doesn't go crazy on me (again). The last time I bought something from Joe was over a year ago. I don't owe Joe nothing and he doesn't owe me anything.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Tell ya what his stainless shut-offs are sweet. And I've had no issues with Joe after 4-5 orders. Some of the stuff, like the shut offs, I buy from him since no other disty offers a better product (not even the $50 circleseals )

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If it's Joe supposedly telling you to go fook yourself, Cobb's fooking up their batches, or Jon Don sending wrong fooking parts, ordering from any distributor is always a crap shoot.
There are risks dealing with every distributor. I see no GREATER risk in dealing with Joe, than with anyone else.
I understand that some guys have had issues with him, but everyone has different issues with different suppliers. To each their own.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Goomer said:
If it's Joe supposedly telling you to go fook yourself, Cobb's fooking up their batches, or Jon Don sending wrong fooking parts, ordering from any distributor is always a crap shoot.
There are risks dealing with every distributor. I see no GREATER risk in dealing with Joe, than with anyone else.
I understand that some guys have had issues with him, but everyone has different issues with different suppliers. To each their own.

hahah

quote of the week......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dave Rampage said:
John,

Joe is not crazy. If you are not a freeloader you will not have problems with Joe.

another bunch of bull shit.....I gave more of my time on the phone and energy into helping him.... then his little trinkets that he tossed in the box of stuff that I paid for...

Chris A

Name
Chris
Marty said:
I do wish I could call him with an order without having to talk to him for an hour. I don't want to talk to ANYBODY for an hour!

I always copy and paste my cart and e-mail it to him... much easier since I usually do it around 6:30 am my time, 3:30 out west

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My new wand from Joe on my back patio.
Ergo TI for $900 less than the others I have seen.

1319596170.jpg

1319597284.jpg

1319596547.jpg

1319597229.jpg

1319596775.jpg

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I have bought a bit of stuff and have enjoyed dealing with him. Nice guy with great products, price and knowledge!! Matter of fact I need a few things. I will call him Monday for some filter bag inserts and his hose holder is awesome!! Glad I'm not on the list. His twist cuffs are awesome. I had some mytee ones and they had a very loose fit

dday

I bought a VT-14 high flow wand with sheer kit and glide from Joe and it is absolutely awesome. He got it to me in a hrry without breaking the bank on shipping and "handling" charges - in fact, he called me from the Post Office as he was preparing to ship it to tell me the various options and costs and he charged me only for the exact amount the post office charged him. You can't beat that!

Billy

Name
BH
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Dave Rampage":f0xccde5]John,

Joe is not crazy. If you are not a freeloader you will not have problems with Joe.

another bunch of bull shit.....I gave more of my time on the phone and energy into helping him.... then his little trinkets that he tossed in the box of stuff that I paid for...[/quote:f0xccde5]

Jim getting into a war with this person over J** will do no good & cause undue stress TRUST ME on this.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am not in war with anyone....It is just BS when they come on here and say he only has a problem with people that do things to him or are free loading off him....and that is a bunch of crap...I showed Joe the same respect as I show everyone else and did nothing to him...

Don't come on here and try to paint a pretty picture that is not true...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
just for you Marty.....

Photoon2011-10-30at1114.jpg

20 dollar bill say he crops me out and makes 8X10's of the little pig

Billy

Name
BH
Jim Martin said:
I am not in war with anyone....It is just BS when they come on here and say he only has a problem with people that do things to him or are free loading off him....and that is a bunch of crap...I showed Joe the same respect as I show everyone else and did nothing to him...

No Problem I was just letting you know having a different opinion publicly on him can promote a War from some people.

Things in this thread are also why I am trying Flash Cuffs & also thinking about Cuff-Lynx.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim Martin said:

Jim got it absolutely right.
And any of you that has been on this board for more than a week knows that Jim is fair, unbiased and generously willing to share information.

Joe, that famous humanitarian in shining armor, who fights the fight for the little bdcc, seem to have imaginary slights issues.

So, if you- can/love/looking forward to/willing to put up with that crap, power to you.
There must be a little saint in you too.
Or are you practicing turning the other cheek?

Enjoy.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Dave Yoakum said:
My new wand from Joe on my back patio.

1319596170.jpg

1319597284.jpg

1319596547.jpg

1319597229.jpg

1319596775.jpg
Titanium is not shiny sorry Dave that is not a titanium wand

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Titanium is not shiny sorry Dave that is not a titanium wand[/quote:3pbkfabj]

The tube is titanium. The head is stainless.

Fine with me.

For the same price I can buy three of these or one Prochem.

Wasn't that hard of a decision for me.

Saves my hands and work Great!!!

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I for one am glad he is not coming back. We all remember the bad hose I recieved and got no help with at all. ................THORN................

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Dave Yoakum said:
[quote="John Olson":3gmcz7v5][quote="Dave Yoakum":3gmcz7v5]My new wand from Joe on my back patio.

1319596170.jpg

1319597284.jpg

1319596547.jpg

1319597229.jpg

1319596775.jpg
Titanium is not shiny sorry Dave that is not a titanium wand[/quote:3gmcz7v5]

The tube is titanium. The head is stainless.

Fine with me.

For the same price I can buy three of these or one Prochem.

Wasn't that hard of a decision for me.
[/quote:3gmcz7v5]

I'll suggest buying a second spraybar w/ jets, I'm doing that this week. This way when you have issues w/ the jets and or streaking, you can just swap out the spray bar, I wish I had done this when I first had gotten the vt14 wand.

Bob Foster

tmdry said:
I'll suggest buying a second spraybar w/ jets, I'm doing that this week. This way when you have issues w/ the jets and or streaking, you can just swap out the spray bar, I wish I had done this when I first had gotten the vt14 wand.

Funny you mentioned that. I was doing a little maintenance work on my Greenhorn today and thought it would be nice just to have a complete separate spray bar ready to go. That and valve with a quick connect between the valve and the little hose.

I always have a spare valve on hand but not rigged up to go like it could be.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
tmdry said:

Thanks for the tip. Those spray bars rock.

I do always have an extra second wand on the truck for an easy swap.

I try to have reduncy in all my equipmet. So, no matter what happens.

I don't have to inconcienvce a client.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No question the man knows his shit..that is why I keep sending people to him.....

but while he is patting you on the back.....be-careful.....he may just be looking for the soft spot to put the knife......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom