Just when you think your getting ahead......

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Desktop computer which is old as dirt (windows xp) been acting funny, just happens to have all of my financials for the last 6 years on quickbooks which I dot have the disk fr anymore... new computer $600, new quick books 204 $209, hve a nerd transfer data , $150. Tires worn and cracked on primay van we have a 30 mile service area so we cant be on the interstate with bad tires $660. Need new front and rear breaks for same van another $400. And to top it all off I have a big state contract that start December 20th and that will cost over 2 grand on floor stripper and floor finish. On top of all our normal bills..... yay

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Just bought a transmission for the 3500, mikeys found these dang porties! Need this need that

I feelz ur pain.

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah those months are no fun, but it just makes you appreciate the better ones

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
newegg.com has some great deals on computers right now.

The Clean Machine

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I bought (6) new PC's this year, its a constant rotation of new for old. The only good thing is the price of new is half to a third of what they replaced.

I also replaced 5-sets of tires on vehicles this year, half were sun rot. :angry:

The guys just came in and said the truck they used to deliver back fire contents had a puddle of antifreeze under it. Grreat sounds like a water pump. I think Santa is going to pass our house this year! :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The gravel roads chew up our tires. My wife goes through a set a year. We buy the road hazard so replacement is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GCCLee
F

FB7777

I thought I was going to have to rebuild my 2005 Gmc van engine , turned out to be a bad oil pump

Never been happier to spend $1000 ... Jasper rebuild would have been closer to $5500

So I bought a set of tires for the van and a Gibson Flying V for me :biggrin:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I guess shitting the money isn't so bad in some ways. On one hand I would love to hold the money. On the other hand the government doesn't offer me much motivation to save my money. Also I guess I would rather let my money go than go to work every day and work with shitty and poorly maintained equipment that is always on the verge of taking a dump. So I guess the peace of mind and going to work with well running tools is worth it. With all the weight of a van hauling a truckmount and 110 gallons of fresh water worn tires are a matter not to be took lightly... Just saw a pretty severe blow out a week or so ago, the people in the truck we saw are lucky to be alive. I figure with 150k miles on the primary van it will be the last time I have to buy rubber for it before it gets replaced

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Becker

Name
Becker
it is a constant flow of money in, money out.

I just put a new van together, now old van needs 2 tires, personal truck needs a set, including spark plugs, screw the dealer quoted $600. doing it myself, bought the tool to extract broken plugs.. It is a ford thing. 2 batteries this past month, on and on..

Money in,, Money out..

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman

I just put a new van together, now old van needs 2 tires, personal truck needs a set, including spark plugs, screw the dealer quoted $600. doing it myself, bought the tool to extract broken plugs.. It is a ford thing. 2 batteries this past month, on and on..

Money in,, Money out..

I have an 05 expedition. I know about those spark plugs. I broke 2.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Have 02 ford where on way to job, spark plug blew out of engine...common problem with threads....
Unplugged fuel injector and keep going
Plug repair kit got her fixed up

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

Money in,, Money out..

I finally found a permanent solution to my Ford's spark plug and exhaust manifold problem...
I traded it on a new Silverado.

Becker

Name
Becker
What year silverado?

I've had so many fords since the mid 90s and so far, no major issues. A couple of things here and there. No oil leaks. No electrical issues.

Buck1955

Name
John
I feel for ya man. When it rains it pours... My old 2002 GMC van blew an engine $4,000, my sons Ranger blew an engine $3,000, well pump went out, tv quit 1 month after warranty expired, washing machine quit, microwave quit all in the same year. And they wonder why I drink!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
heater core for the wifes yukon...$700....dryer just lost heating element...should be less then $100...

just financed some new equip.....360, turbo, water softener, sapphire uph tool, electric hose reel.....$220 a mth
itll be nice for the new couch tool, and a smoother 360....but i will probably get the old one fixed (gears) so i have a back up....

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I thought I was going to have to rebuild my 2005 Gmc van engine , turned out to be a bad oil pump

Never been happier to spend $1000 ... Jasper rebuild would have been closer to $5500

So I bought a set of tires for the van and a Gibson Flying V for me :biggrin:

Did it sound like a Main Bearing thump when you started it ?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
What year silverado?

I've had so many fords since the mid 90s and so far, no major issues. A couple of things here and there. No oil leaks. No electrical issues.

You have been lucky. I've dealt with the spark plugs blowing on one car, the plugs breaking on another. The 05 expedition will have the cam phaser go bad and start knocking, $400 for the parts alone. I just replaced my injectors again. Another common problem. The 01 f-150 would burn up a coil every time it rained. I've had so many problems that I just bought the wife a Nissan sentra.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
What year silverado?

I was just about to sign the papers on a 2013 3/4 ton when my son spotted a 2012 leftover parked amongst the used trucks that had more options on it that than 2013 did.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The wife was showing me what our American Express bill is and the month isn't even over. Hard to imagine having a credit card balance of close to a quarter of a million dollars:eekk: One thing I had to really stress and teach the wife early was, it is Monopoly money. It isn't really ours and when the bills get that high it means then receivables are even higher or they had better be!

F

FB7777

The president and First Lady have the conversation every night as well John

Brokum on Phred's computer

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just took my van in yesterday for front end work. New breaks, new upper, and lower ball joints, new bearing and spindle on the passenger side... Sucks! I bet this is going to cost around $2,000.

Becker

Name
Becker
$2000 would be a bit high!! Well a lot high!

For a grand last year I got 2 tires all you mentioned besides spindle, bearing.

Today I did new pads all the way around ,ebrake shoes, and rotors on my 07 f150. Total in parts $260.

Able 1

Name
Keith
A spindle cost around $800 from ford, I haven't received the bill yet that's just a guess. Normally I do my own breaks but Ford's and their wheel bearings in the rotor messes me up, actually it's that rubber bearing seal that you have to put on new rotors that gets me(are they pressed in?). I like to work on my stuff, but I just thought it was better this weekend to leave it up to someone else. I normally pay around $250 a tire they last me like 4 years or so..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom