Ken snow needs help to quite smoking

-JB-

Name
JB
Pinokinole?

Does anyone still play that?

My Grandparents played that w/me when I was a kid at their camp in the Adirondacks.

Damned if I remember how to play though, seem to recall there being about a bazillion cards involved though.

That about right?

Dolly

I have never smoked and have never had the desire.......

I cannot handle being around the odor of it.....

Joyce Meyers smoked heavily and could not seem to stop.

she said that one day it occurred to her to tell herself
every time she lit up to tell herself over and over again
she did not like the smell or the taste of it.

In two week's time after telling herself how she felt about it,
she just did not want to any more. she has not smoked since.

My kid's did not grow up in a home with smoking, yet all four
of them did........two have stopped and two have not yet.

One I am very concerned for my oldest because at 34 he looks much older and smokes like a feen........

The other, the youngest started again because she uses it as a stress
reliever.........I hope she can put it down soon.

It is very addictive as I have learned. I am glad I have
never smoked.

Jim Martin..........that photo of your little one is a good reason
for which you stated you do not smoke.

Just think of all the money you can save for retirement by
putting it out once and for all.............one only push the pencil and do
a amortization with a simple 4% interest rate.....you would be blown out
of your seat with the amount of money your loosing by smoking, the amount is incredible.

H

Hal

Hay bud this is Hal Nichols in Pocatello Idaho Ive smoked for 22 yrs and this last week the wife and Myself are on the drug called Chantix it still isnt easy but it is doable, get your mind right and go for it !!!!

John Buxton

try using Skoal Bandits to wean you off them nasty smelling, expensive cancer sticks.

Go visit someone dyin of lung cancer, that should help.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lots of good points folks thanks. I am singing karaoke today, with a little better voice to an audience of me :-). I have a few family members and friends coming over later for dinner and we will all (at least some) sing.

I am going to give up binge eating as well which has always been a big late night thing for me, and also cut down on the amount of beer. Hoping to get down to 195lbs (205 ish now) by the time I can get back on the racquetball court in early December. I plan to be faster stronger and have a lot more stamina.

Ken

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken..it took me a heart attack to make me quit smoking......the next two were so i wouldn't forget.....!

EIGHT stents....TOP THAT!

Matt King

I watched my aunt die of lung cancer when she was about 30. 100% due to smoking the Marlboro red's she loved. I was in junior high/highschool and would go outside and have a smoke with my cousin (her daughter) and go back inside to see her mom struggling to breathe. How pathetic is that... I chalk it up to being young and stupid but when I look back it makes me sick. The older I get the whole 'It'll never happen to me' mentality fades and I worry a little more. I don't smoke now but there's no doubt smoking can have a powerful hold on you. Years later and I Still feel like having a cigarette if I'm really stressed out. I just fight it out and go to the gym instead. Several of my friends smoke and can't quit despite trying many many times. Several heart attacks and health problems and my uncle still can't put down the cigarettes. It's sad really... Good luck to you Ken. You have way too much to live for than to just hand it over to a paper rolled stick of chemically treated tobacco leaves. Looking at what you built for a company, you obviously have a strong mind and will to succeed. Time to win this one... :wink:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I smoked when I was 15 and at the age of 43 I put them down and walked away cold turkey.........and I have never looked back............

I can tell you first hand that the worse thing for me while I was smoking was listening to everyone telling me to quit....after I got threw it all I just wanted another smoke..except I would rip the filter off.......It is great that everyone wants Ken to quit.But it has to be his choice something that he decides for himself and a step that he has to take alone............

Good Luck.Ken......

DevilDog

I wish you luck Ken, I really do.

Smoking, and you know it, is a horrible habit. You pay to help yourself have bad health.

Most of the people that I know of that have successfully quit did it cold turkey, they just STOPPED.

They replaced the cig with carrot sticks or whatever. Of course the nicotene causes addiction, but many people smoke out of habit and for something to do.

Keep busy.

As for the binge eating, ya that is bad also. I have a real problem with that. I love to snack at night watching t.v..

I weighed almost 190 pounds, blood pressure was not good, and blood sugar started to rise.

Stopped doing that almost entirely, except for on Sundays watching football.

Now I am a pretty solid 178, blood pressure is excellent (with some help) and blood sugar is at the middle range of normal.

I have lot to live for. I want to see my daughter get married, have kids, and I want to be there for them.

I also want to plow a lot of asian fields, if you know what I mean.

So take care of yourself.

By the way, the thing that got my attention the most is when I started going from Tripod Todd to, uh, just Todd. That'll wake your ass up big time.

DevilDog

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Saw my mom wither and die from lung cancer...

Saw my brother in law last year get buried with a hole in his throat...

Smoked off and on since 1990 to about 2002...

About 2 packs a week...

Went cold turkey each time ,I quit.

Swore I would never again,two years ago.Grabbed a pack of luckies cuz.I figured either I choke the %%%T out of him or go grab a cig and walk away...

Funny thing is most smokers when they are out grab anything or anyone elses cigs to smoke...

For me its a luckie or nothing...

Still exercise every day and go to the gym...

But Ken,I seen your picture and Bud you need to start working out too...

I went from 268 size forty eight waist back down to 155 size 30 to 185 size 31 now...Took 4 years,but at least walk and do some basic exercises...

But I go through one pack a week now...I still enjoy it sadly...???

For workout check our resident guru...Al Sims...Great info ,great fella...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom