Larry Cobb!!! Pepsi challenge

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I was thinking on the last job as I was pushing the wand at all the angles that are only possible with the swivel that I would have paid more for that wand. Absolutely a bargain for what you get.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Fred you are in denial if you don't think this practice is not going on here.

F

FB7777

So essentially your claim is that Pruitt, Sutley, Saiger, Terhaar , Damon all got their wands for $900 if they'll shill for Tom?

That's a bold claim

I am familiar with guys pushing stuff and getting a deal here and there fr\or their positive reviews

But you're flat out wrong and frankly clueless aka FOS if you think guys are over hyping junk on here

Your services are no longer required Ladwig... this ain't the blue board or ICS circa 2005

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Tinfoilt hats, drunk and stupid are no way to go through life son..
Did someone say tin foil hats?

C350543C-7D2E-4C01-9809-F22FB7D9DB5D.jpeg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I heard it is harder to push and pull across the carpet and much louder. Those too things drive me crazy especially when I'm tired. I assuming it's not that bad or somebody would have mentioned it. I have the big blower on my Butler.

in the 14 months that I have used it...I have more than put it on everything out there and many different lengths of hoses runs and variables...with 2 different machines..and still yet today....I am amazed at what it can do..the recovery is the best I have ever seen a wand give me...there are some carpets that it really plants itself on and it is hard to move....no other glided wand that I have used has ever done this.....my machines have calmed down and has a softer tone to it...not a high pitch like it use to have because the air flow is moving so freely...which gives you more lift at the tool...I have never had a wand that if you held down the trigger that the hot water did not have time to cool down and the wand would get so hot that it was hard to hold...but as soon as you let off the trigger and did a dry pass..you could feel it get very cold...that's how fast the air is traveling.......For me...it's always more about the performance...I want to get 110% out of everything I have..so the swivel was just a perk...but after using it for such a long time..there is no way I can ever go back to a regular wand....getting into tight spots and under things is so much easier..with little to no effort...I really did not think that I would use it too much...but I have used it more than I ever thought I would...
The little window has changed a lot for me also...now you can see what is going on..how it is flushing...how much is left after a few dry strokes...it makes you pay way more attention to what you are doing and changes everything about the way you clean...it helps you slow down..give the tool the time it needs to do its job and it makes a huge difference in the cleaning and the dry times.......you will find that you are going to stare at that window more than you think....and you will adjust accourldingly...

If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times...the filter does not lie.....if we want to ever admit it or not...glided wands do not pick up as much debris than an unguided wand...everyone who has used an unguided wand I am sure can remember the days when were always cleaning out the filters because of all the lint and crap that was building up in them.....Toms glided wand has picked up more than any other glided wand I have ever used...

it is a bit louder.....and on a few carpets it can grip pretty hard....but the performance...the quality...the window...the swivel...and everything that this wand can give you...it is a good trade-off.... and worth every single dime he is asking for it......not all wands are built the same..and not all wands perform equally....Tom raised the bar with this wand and I am pretty sure no one in this industry is going to be able to match it........

20170928_083701.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I’m one of the few who have mentioned the FACT that it’s harder to push. I have a really bad back and I thought I wouldn’t be able to use it. Thankfully, I bought a hole glide for it and it made it bearable. It IS loud too. You just can’t move the air it moves and have it be quiet too.

It’s not made for pussies or broke dick price shoppers.

You clean?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It is a very nice wand and considering what a PCTI costs today, it's a good deal. It allows you to reach under beds and certain angles that otherwise you'd have to do by hand. The window is a nice feature, I wish it was larger. It will show you better how dry or wet the carpet is.
You'll need to adjust to the way it moves as the swivel tends to compensate to where your vacuum hose (behind) is positioned. You'll get the hang of it.

In my opinion, Tom's glides have larger openings than the traditional green glides (both holed and slotted.) A long time ago I widened the slots on my PCTi and Tom's wand does not pick more debris into the filter than my altered one. I thinks that beside the better airflow (I haven't measured it) the larger openings are at least partially responsible for the difference in moving it and picking more debris. I use my Dev with the slotted one and have no problem moving it (good size blower Pro- 1200).

Very good wand. Well worth the money. Paid full price, Jimmy.
Be interesting to see how long the swivel lasts through the years.

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Thank you all for the kind words and support, I have been pretty busy lately, tooling up to try and bring back the PVC version of our filter, going to try and make a improvement on a particular part that Mr. KS mentioned.
While in Scottsdale a customer bought a new wand but also gave me one to just go over it and fix anything that needed fixing.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
But really when I quoted you I thought it said Larry Cobb, I know you swing it Marty.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fred;

I have used and sold both the Westpak Ti and Devastator.

The Devastator head flows more air, since it is machined vs bent and welded.

Tony Dang introduced the machined 14" heads, and Tom & I asked for flow improvements.

Profit margin is less on the Devastator swivel.

I would like the Devastator to be a little taller, but it is a minor point.

DevastPort.JPG
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=5312

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thank you all for the kind words and support, I have been pretty busy lately, tooling up to try and bring back the PVC version of our filter, going to try and make a improvement on a particular part that Mr. KS mentioned.
While in Scottsdale a customer bought a new wand but also gave me one to just go over it and fix anything that needed fixing.

Mines almost a year old and works great!

Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Guys keep saying the swivel will wear out...
This is true, it will wear out,......when? Well I can't honestly answer that yet. To date I have had two original TD/TC swivels come back.
One was my fault because when I first put the swivel on the wand I didn't do a particular step that needed to be done...(this was in the first 12 swivel wands.) I made the adjustment and never have had that problem again.
The second one, well it was lack of maintenance, one of the bearing caps had come out, ball bearing then came out, and because there was no cap outside debris sand and grime was able to enter the swivel...now mind you it was still going, I could have rebuilt it but I opted to just replace swivel.
Now how long will they last???? Don't know but when that time comes all you will have to do it take the swivel off and thread on a new one, it isn't that big of deal.
Tony is making me laugh by his lack of knowledge on how to remove my swivel, and I give him a A+ for trying to make it look like you need a engineering degree to do it. But you don't, and you won't.
What I can also say is the original ones will be the hardest, but the new ones I made some improvements so even a blind man will be able to do it.
Personally this whole rebuild thing is great but if we can go five + years on the swivel, I would just say save your energy and just put a brand new one on, and be done with it.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Mikeys crew has been using MY personal original swivel wand 2+ years. Compared to a owner operator that has to be double the time. They are doing 100+ jobs a month.

That alone is awesome, but that isn't all of it. They are using that wand in front of the AT and V these two truck mounts produce MASSIVE suction, meaning that the harder the wand sucks to the carpet the more force is being put directly on the bearing races, my legend WILL never put that kinda load on the bearing races ever. Neither will most other TM's
Remember I designed this wand around a number 4 blower we tweaked this head for a long time till I felt if we did anymore we would start to fall off in performance. It wasn't just a one time thank you ma'am kinda thing,
So to have Mikey and his crew pushing the wand till it breaks is pure RnD still, because we haven't actually had one TRULY FAIL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom