What are some of the major issues you've had

Anything wrong at the moment?

Would you buy another dual wand truck?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
What make and model do you own

2004 UD ..6008 Vortex...Aero Tech built...

Leakey fresh water tank..replaced with a round one...

Lower HX was wrapped and isolated and it caused it to rust and broke off the truck...Replaced with new one that was not isolated...

replaced all galvanized fittings and flushed out all rust....

Haven't had a problem in a long time......

Yes.......

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Thanks for pulling the forum together Mike,

I would like to wish Bill Bruders and Mike Roden success in the future. I was really impressed with the Sapphire units at Mikeysfest.

1) What make and model do you own ? I have two 2007 UD, 7000H Vortex's.

2) What are some of the major issues you've had ? I have had issues with the blowers and driveline. I think most of them could be attributed to the blower heat exchange design. They created a lot of back pressure and heat retention on the blowers. ( Poor design)

3) Anything wrong at the moment ? I am having some electrical grounding issues with the first unit.

4) Would you buy another dual wand truck ? That is all I will ever run. I like the heat and vacuum, my customers like the results. I would like to see the large tanks stay with better weight distribution.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I just submited a long post and for some reason it didn't post. I'm done for the night, I'll try again tomorrow when I get time.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

2007 Nissan UD 7000 HAT built in Arizona

nothing major, temp sensor and fresh water float. I don't like the black crap that come out of the diverted exhaust on first job

nope but I think my HX is dirty ( like the pictures Ron posted), have to take it apart and find out

yes, especially if the price could come down a little, the truck has saved me a ton of time and effort

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
2004 FMI built UD1400 6008

No major problems to speak of, smaller issues such as throttle assembly breaking down by the engine. Lower HX smokes alot from time to time, only on first job, and not all the time. Once or so a month, and only seems to do it when it colder than hell. Each time I feel I have a ruptured tube but before I get all bent out of shape it stops.

Expect to have problems with diverter value at some point.

Yes, If I can help it I will never own anything but a big truck. Cost would have to come down a bit though. Will be in the market for second truck sometime this year I do believe

steampro

Name
Ryan
Mikey P said:

2002 777 (originally Aerotech)

mostly heat exchange problems

at the moment, I have two lower exhaust heat exchangers leaking that need repaired if anyone will actually do it, a leaking xentherm oil pump and a used one I bought that arrived locked up (wont turn by hand at all) Thinking of ditching the heat exchange system all together and getting an oil fired burner instead. Also pto rpms fluctuating, blower rpms drop down at the same time the engine rpms go up, just briefly.

Would I buy another? YES!! Started with a Butler, ended up with a BIG truck, will never go back.

Name
Ron lippold
07 hat built buy blueline. My only problem to date is the leaky tank. I have had a few guage problems. Nothing major.

Yes I will have another as this is what i have built my business on.

hogjowl

Idiot™
2004 V (Aerotec built) 6008.

No major issues, just the leaky tank.

I'd purchase another if I had a mature crew person to put in one. I can't see myself putting a normal teck in it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Once or so a month, and only seems to do it when it colder than hell. Each time I feel I have a ruptured tube but before I get all bent out of shape it stops.

Billy.........Pretty sure it is just condensation blowing out the HX from the different air temps......if it were a leak it would be doing it all the time......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't like the black crap that come out of the diverted exhaust on first job

Steve...
If you are talking about the lower HX....take a gun barrel brush and rod and clean the soot out of the tubes and this will stop.....

Mikey P

Administrator
2004 UD/6008 FMI
Failed baffle walls in freshy, Premature failure of Xen pump, loads of leaks in the Xen plumbing, Upper Xen HX internal leak

Wiring issue in high rpm harness

Not in a UD that's for sure.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Mike do you have a Hino engine? I like the truck, no problems.

6008 2005

Add blower and drive belt problems (cog belt) to your list.

A WIRE DIAGRAM WOULD BE HELPFULL!!!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Steve...
If you are talking about the lower HX....take a gun barrel brush and rod and clean the soot out of the tubes and this will stop.....

It has done this from day one. Adam told me to hose it out and I have but it keeps doing it. One of these days I am just gonna have to spend all day on the machine.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
1. I have one 1999 777v and two 2000 777v AT manufactured

2. All major components removed with exception of blower install all new parts including controls.

3. Nothing wrong.

4. If i need another.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
As a Legends/Sapphire/Vortex distributor, I'm here to understand the issues you are all dealing with so that I can better help my "non MB" Vortex customers and encourage them to come here as well.

I appreciate what Bill Bruders is doing by making parts available to you all direct at reduced pricing. The Vortex arrangement is unique, and while we are here to repair anything for anyone who wants to come here, we also don't need to handle the parts to create a needless mark up in this case.

If any need our help, just have the parts shipped here and we'll take care of it for you.

Great job Bill!

Dan Joner

2007 UD 7000 HAT

Leaky fresh water tank - still leaking and getting worse.

Inoperable RPM gauge - wiring issue.

Pressure gague problems - still trying to locate problem.

Replaced lower pulley.

PTO drive line issues.

All things considered, I love my V and would buy another. I'm 60 yrs old and the Vortex make my job easier. My customers are quite impressed with the truck as well.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
HOgjowl,
I do the HX gun cleaning thing about every 6 months. However one problem with this is with the curved dome thing at the top there are about 6-8 holes you can't get the rod into. Any creative solutions for this?

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah, take it off.

Borrow Marty's right and left handed screw drivers and that deflector comes right off.

You'll feel real stupid when you bend over and look at the clamp.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so you guys are shoving water in the lower HX to clean out the holes........I take it you are relying on the exhaust to remove all the water and debris that flushes into the muffler system.....????????????

hogjowl

Idiot™
Billy:

I have no freaking idea what you are talking about.

Jim ... what the heck is he talking about? Only shot gun cleaning tool I have used on my V is the diverter valve.

Am I supposed to be doing this to the lower heat exchanger too?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hogjowl said:
Billy:

I have no freaking idea what you are talking about.

Jim ... what the heck is he talking about? Only shot gun cleaning tool I have used on my V is the diverter valve.

Am I supposed to be doing this to the lower heat exchanger too?

you need to get a shot gun barrel cleaner..( they come with a rod to reach all the way threw and 3 different size brushes) and run it threw the holes in the bottom HX every 6 months to keep the soot cleared out the tubes and it will help the heating of the oil.....once you run the brush threw you might want to start it up some where other then your first jobs drive way..shit is going to fly out every where..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom