Lets start with introductions

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jim, Can you give me a description of these brushes. I did not know that this was needed. :oops:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If I remember I got mine at walmart.....it is a shot gun cleaning kit...comes with 3 sizes of brushes and the rod..they are a brass type round brush....just screw the rods together and work the medium size brush in and out of each chamber........

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

one word of warning.............make damn sure that the rod and the brush are screwed together damn tight.....( I glued mine with JB weld )....while you are cleaning the brush and rod will rotate and the brush could come off and get suck in a chamber.......

Tell me ... why are you just now telling me this?

I thought you were looking out for me?

Asshole!

I can't remember every little detail.....dumbass............

Dan Joner

Tell ya what, Jim. Why don't you pack up your tools and head up north to my place and spend a couple of days doing some detail maintenance on my V. There are several Vs in the Portland/Vancouver area so I'm sure you could pick up some paying work to make a few bucks. Then, after you're all worn out, you could head over to Pratville and give Marty whatever you have left of your energy.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hogjowl said:
I already KNOW what a shotgun rod and brush look like!

I need pictures of where to stick them in at.

No danny jokes please.

take a screw driver and remove the deflector off the lower HX and clean out these holes........

100_3989.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
They made it Marty prof and gave it the combo Phillips or flat head screw.....

stainless_screw_large.jpg

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
Quote:
What make and model do you own

2004 UD ..6008 Vortex...Aero Tech built...

Quote:
What are some of the major issues you've had:

Leakey fresh water tank..replaced with a modified vortex waste tank
Rebuilt drive side bearings on blower 2X, third time replaced with a roots 68 MP
Replaced U joints on unit drive shaft (almost worn through)

Improvements:

Installed rubber flooring (like what comes on new vortex)- carpet on walls
Turned silencer 90 degrees (exhaust to face cab) added exhaust stack, runs under box and up between driver side cab and box
Placed rubber under blower to isolate vibration transfer to truck frame
Added lights under box to illuminate hoses running on side walk at night
Removed all filters (except blower filters) added Vanafold upgrade to 2.5 hose
Plumbed Vac & pressure connectors under box
Raised Vac hose reel about 24 inches to create use able space under it (originally sat inches from the floor)
Removed stock pressure reels, mounted 2 new reels on side of vacuum reel leg (similar to Jim's)
Stainless shelfs on Unistrut rail mounts throughout

Quote:
Anything wrong at the moment?

2 days ago had a small overflow of antifreeze out of the reservoir (looked to be about 1/2 a cup). Thinking it was an exchange failure I turned pressure up to confirm, no change in antifreeze level??

Truck is running @ normal temperature, there is no air in the coolant system (no radiator alarm). If exhaust were getting into the antifreeze should I expect the truck to be running hot or air bubbles to develop in the system??

Quote:
Would you buy another dual wand truck?

Really like the system but too costly to run and maintain!!!!
Ud does not have enough power.

STOPPING @ SCALES SUCKS !!!!!!!!!! In Ca any vehicle over 10,000 GVW and/or has a modified box must go through weight stations!!!!!! We also must log hours into a vehicle log book. By using this truck platform we are limited to the number of hours we can work per the law!!!!!!

I would buy a dual wand unit yes
probably not a Vortex

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Mikey,
I haven't been here for a few days. You mean the stupid thing is just clamped on? Heck, I already feel stupid and I haven't even looked at it yet. I took it for granted that it was a welded part of a SS hx.
Good Monday I can give it a good brushin.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Billy,

I almost forgot, that happened to mine also when it was new. Yours might not have a cheap welded bracket on your heat exchanger since it was built by A/T. I used a clamp from an industrial plumbing supply store used to clamp 5" pipe to the wall or ceiling, it worked great. Everyone says that the 04 UD is under powered, it is because it has the Nissan motor in it, 145 HP. The 05 has a Toyota Hino motor in it, 175 HP, big difference- great engine, no diesel smell and a lot peppier.

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
What make and model do you own

What are some of the major issues you've had

Anything wrong at the moment?

Would you buy another dual wand truck?

1999 Venturi 777

Drove it from houston to columbia. started acting strange in alabama. Got a "mechanic" to come out and look at it. said everything was fine and it needed oil. It started smoking. Got excessive smoke all the way to La Grange, Georgia. Thats when the #3 piston that wasnt holding pressure all along finally gave way and threw a rod, destroying the engine block.

2 weeks pass of getting engine replaced and doing body work that i planned to begin with, THEN

Now, I've replaced the engine but the fresh water tank won't heat up AT ALL.

on edit, I fixed the E1, thermostat in wrong spot. Now moving to exhaust divertor.

I still don't have a working xentherm system.

BUT im in the middle of getting it working. I'm still optimistic.

Name
BradFenstermaker
99 round tank 777 aerotech built.

Major issue was Venturi owned the truck prior to me.

Running without Zen system in place, need an E3.

I love my abused V and would buy another but a 6008.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom