Lets talk garages..

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob, It looks like this heater needs a lot of clearances both front and side. Would it work in a 2.5 car garage with 8 foot ceiling?

yor right Shane...it heats up hotter than a two peckered billygoat....
but i have put up galvinized sheet metal on any rafters near it.......
i bought it on Craigslist brand new for $60......i would rather have a 30k

i got it on a thermastat that is barly a click above off

yor answer is the infrared tube...cheap....it comes wit a shiney shield....my 40' cost me 1200 installed........ yours should be way cheaper

Last edited:
F

FB7777

Built our house with a 24 x 36' 3 car garage, hot and cold sink, floor drain, modine ceiling mounted gas heater and 8 foot doors

Insulated , sheet rocked and plastered a month after we moved in just before winter

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Twenty five years ago I built a two story barn style building. This was probably one of the best decisions that we made, every tool has a place and we purchase and store large quantiles of chemicals, buying in bulk saves shipping and we get good pricing. It has 10 foot insulated overhead door and is totally insulated. It has a sealed gas burning garage heater with a radiant gas backup. On the second floor I am storing some mahogany and marble furniture we bought for an addition we will be building soon, so I keep in at 70 degrees all winter.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Attached garage is a three car with a 2 door.. Detached is a 2 car L (office in the L part. . Two floors on the detached with a forced air furnace. Garage space is 1956sq. Ft....

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I finally went to a 3700 sq foot building. I had a small building I bought (1400 sq Ft) and could only get 2 vans in it and the other 2 parked outside with heaters in them for the winter. I was content mostly because I owned the building and didn't have a payment but it wasn't fair to my employees working out of a small space. Now we can get all the vans inside including the tall Nissan NV and I also have a training room , a bigger office and kitchen area. I don't heat the warehouse and even when it was 19 outside it stayed 50 in the shop. If it stayed cold for several days I'm sure it would get colder but I doubt it would freeze.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We have replaced overhead heaters in the past. The moisture from the trucks and cleaning equipment plays hell with furnace heat exchangers. Make sure you have Carbon Monoxide detectors!!!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

ive lost the pics now but when i first started my business i left the van in the driveway with a space heater in it. then we got about a foot of snow and the snow on the roof melted and my van was a frozen block of ice.
talk about a learning experience lol.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom