Life.

Name
BradFenstermaker
You suck Mikey. We have leaves turning fast and a bunch hitting the ground all ready.
Safe ride to ya

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Those pictures are AMAZING Mike! It is really beautiful out there. It's awesome to get out and enjoy the creation like you're doing. Enjoy your trip. Ride safe!

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
URyaJyEyzhiMGCviXWogyyIk6rymU36nwUu9BQJ_al_hdnx7nWt1PmIh2Nhk_xlp6mVU294mJlQN4zuwaQ=w1769-h995-no.jpg

487822.jpg

487880.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Paula is getting prettier than ever.......while
YOU are turning into an old goat.......welcome to the club!

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey the picture of you on your bike makes it look like a Kids bike.
Chewing on your knees. Having been able to fit so many people to bicycles over the years
that picture makes me cringe.

Is that the biggest rider compartment you have found on a Race/touring framed bike? I don't know the motorcycle terminology for riding position.

On your Real Bike (the one without the motor) I bet you fit a lot better.

Beautiful pictures...

Mikey P

Administrator
I've had bigger bikes Rick.

They sucked in comparison.

This SMR fits, feels and handles just right. It's made me a better, faster (and safer) rider 100 times over. I love the twitchieness and ability to change course mid turn.

After 4 days on the bike I felt just fine. Would I tour the world on a bike like this? Hell no. I'd be on a GS or KTM Adventure style. FYI, I don't fit on Goldwings or Road Kings either.

Mikey P

Administrator
More great pics from the real photog in the group..

488275.jpg

488276.jpg

The meat heads in the group pick up and haul four big chunks of tri tip for the first dinner. It's become tradition..Meat Babies..

488277.jpg

Into the west side hills we go on Hwy 190.

488280.jpg

488292.jpg

488294.jpg

488303.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

rick imby

Name
Rick
That is always the Key to any bike fit. How the rider feels. Leg extension isn't as critical in road motorcycles. It is so awesome when something feels right.

I totally understand about the fit thing. One of my sons is exactly the same size as me. He hates the feel of my bicycles and where I am positioned. Just an inch further forward makes all the difference for me. He kicks my a** downhill but at 61 I still own him uphill for now.

Mikey P

Administrator
488304.jpg

weather awaits us..

488306.jpg

the ultimate down hill..Nine Mile Cyn..

488307.jpg

I'm waiting for everyone to catch up for one final canyon..

488311.jpg

488314.jpg

488315.jpg

Mt Whitney is back there hiding in the clouds..

488316.jpg

thanks but no thanks..

488320.jpg

488323.jpg

Practicing for the next day..

488325.jpg

the evening's hijinks were out of control..

488328.jpg

488330.jpg

end of day one..

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
That is always the Key to any bike fit. How the rider feels. Leg extension isn't as critical in road motorcycles. It is so awesome when something feels right.

I totally understand about the fit thing. One of my sons is exactly the same size as me. He hates the feel of my bicycles and where I am positioned. Just an inch further forward makes all the difference for me. He kicks my a** downhill but at 61 I still own him uphill for now.

what I love about this bike is I can stand straight up and ride it like a dirt bike.
Killer for stretching out.

I see the poor slobs on RR bikes trying to stretch out....lol

Name
Rieta Ebberts
I grew up in the Sierras! These pictures made me homesick. The most beautiful real estate on the planet, IMHO. Fun to see the "homeland"!

Also, Al...I spent every summer in Grants Pass, as well as having lived there about 10 years! I was born there and still have family there.

Back
Top Bottom