little giant substitute

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
the problem with diesel is fumes, just parking in someones driveway at a normal distance you can begin to smell it inside.

Propane is also much safer to be running inside a truck, only combustible as a vapor.. thats why all RVs use propane.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
ill admit I have burned myself lol... but never once in over 4000 jobs has that truck sat in a Jon Don parking lot waiting for parts with a fat repair bill.

and it easily will go another 4000 jobs

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
How do you know?
I know, I've been on the USS Pampanito well over 15 times.

scotty747

When the transformer went out on mine I took one off an old oil burner in my basement. Still going strong after 8 years.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Those older transformers were wound with better wire, so they will last longer.

There was a time when we built "things" to last a long time, as opposed to now where profit is the most important product!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
with my heater vented properly, I get no diesel odor.
Over $100,000.00 unit and you have to run supplemental heat. Something doesn't add up. ???
Is it really cold there? Or will that unit not hold heat with dual wands running in the winter.

For that kind of money I figure its gonna serve me hot chili when I'm done cleaning. 😉

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
with my heater vented properly, I get no diesel odor.

maybe you've just become immune to the smell due to the exhaust of a running diesel engine in the drive

we used fuel fired burners for 20 years ..they give exceptional heat
Burning K1 they're not terrible for odor
Burning diesel, they flat out stink with a black sooty puff ( seen in sunlight) every time they fire and stop

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My diesel fired Amtex. I forgot to turn on the pump in this video, but you get the point.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
did you eventually figure out the miss was from a partially closed choke and not your lawn mower gas??

The 231K btu burner on the Powermatic could hold 272 sustained indefinitely with a 6 flow wand

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It wasn't missing, it was just too loud for the mic. My BTU is 353,700 on the Northstar burner. She gets hot.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
@Nomad74 does that diesel burner not have a temp range that it just holds in?

The lpg (propane) burner originally on my predator had a variable range it just holds it in, you set the upper desired temp and the lowest desired temp and it just holds it in that range

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@Nomad74 does that diesel burner not have a temp range that it just holds in?

The lpg (propane) burner originally on my predator had a variable range it just holds it in, you set the upper desired temp and the lowest desired temp and it just holds it in that range
Yes, there is a thermostat knob on the left side you can set the temp. shuts the burner on and off. I actually really like that machine. It's almost instant heat and when everything works, it just goes. 30hp Kohler and 47 blower. I need to pull the girl out of mothballs and use her a bit.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm just posting this for fun. This was the Amtex before I sent it back to Houston for a total rebuild and repowder coat to Red.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
It’s a good mount
They’ve had succes with propane for decades
But you’ll eventually grow tired of it
Is propane relatively difficult to source in US?

here most petrol stations carry it, what I find annoying is most commercial vehicles are diesel but I have to buy petrol in a boat tote tank to supply the TM

Reactions: hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
For me, the problem was where to buy it. Nobody in town has it. The RV places have it at twice the price, or I could go to a propane distributor to purchase it for a reasonable price, but roll the dice on whether they’d have a guy to fill my tank.

They eventually taught me how to fill my own tank and even gave me the keys to the gate. I was on the honor system, which I NEVER abused. However, driving out there was a hassle.

I love heat exchange.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
They eventually taught me how to fill my own tank and even gave me the keys to the gate. I was on the honor system, which I NEVER abused. However, driving out there was a hassle.

At our local office after the drivers left there was no one to fill either.
The girls in the office let us fill our own till Corporate found out and then the shit hit the fan.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's getting harder to find propane filling stations. We have the 20 lb BBQ bottle exchange on every corner. I have propane now but I would prefer hx. I also have a little hydramaster cds using a coolant hx. Definitely not as hot as my propane unit but so easy to use. Maybe I can retrofit their Salsa heat option.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It's getting harder to find propane filling stations. We have the 20 lb BBQ bottle exchange on every corner. I have propane now but I would prefer hx. I also have a little hydramaster cds using a coolant hx. Definitely not as hot as my propane unit but so easy to use. Maybe I can retrofit their Salsa heat option.
You think that's hard, try finding a 100 watt light-bulb.

Back
Top Bottom