little giant substitute

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I assume some of of these higher temps (210 -240) are at the truck? If so, eliminating all variables (weather, length of run, etc....) what would you consider the ideal temperature for cleaning at the wand. And what is the maximum temperature at the wand to safely clean carpet & upholstery? (ie... you can safely clean almost all carpet & upholstery at or below x degrees)
I like it around 220 max. There are reasons (restaurants, trashed rentaks) to clean beyond that temp but in general the average home or business just doesn't need that heat.

Upholstery the same, I like it as hot as I can without burning myself. It seems to clean better and dry faster. Special care fabrics being the exception to the heat.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have a gauge at the wand and have videoed it at 300º at 100' from the van a while back, which is completely insane. It was at a CC gathering in Michigan.

We usually clean at 220º.

FWIW

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
@Bob Savage are you ever planning to make more propane heaters? little giant seems like they are on the way out
If I had enough interest in them, yes.

There is nothing on the market like them as far as simplicity and constant medium to high, even heat.

Over the years I probably sold over 20 of them, and never got one call for any repairs or malfunctions.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If I had enough interest in them, yes.

There is nothing on the market like them as far as simplicity and constant medium to high, even heat.

Over the years I probably sold over 20 of them, and never got one call for any repairs or malfunctions.
presuming you are using readily available parts. What is/was the main temp controller and flow regulator?
I have 1 of Duanes units that was amazeballs when running,,but the temp controller and flow switch was more problematic than I cared for over the Little Giant

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
presuming you are using readily available parts. What is/was the main temp controller and flow regulator?
I have 1 of Duanes units that was amazeballs when running,,but the temp controller and flow switch was more problematic than I cared for over the Little Giant
The main temp controller came from my manufacturer. They last for years, whereas the ones you buy online from pressure washing places are junk and last only a few months if you are lucky.

I use the Suttner ST-6 flow switch which will last for a few years without any problems. It will also activate clear down to house pressure, so you can use it even with an upholstery tool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom