Live from Nashville!

Mikey P

Administrator
wBYjfFrNZif6IzIj9YmwSTbE8J0S_VAOOfB2s6IqxmJRYaSPEdyMj4_grouFsKTTtfU1INhGopqW2cnrJd=w1692-h952-no.jpg

oiifzUGl9_28GWtlZEKv78XankKDMa4l5pCBK4kZgpdv1FBB-WMqj2ZnyQJ3GTIty8jm-liLati-UzmaHh=w1692-h952-no.jpg

-bSNS2KI5BduDI3QMA6LYJIqpMoAIcDku4b01I-fpax0vAsAmQ12ygC8Oayx1v7lIrKlciffbdnPyPBH21=w1692-h952-no.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
no....i tol her we were gay lovers looking to spice up our relationship!

BTW...if you look right behind my hED....
you'll see the flounder that jumped into Mikeys boat........

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
And a little video Google pics did for me!

Got to say I had a great time....

And it was so fun to have my brother Kirk with me for those 7 days! :rockon:

It has been years since we have been able to do this together....

and this is one of his first trade shows in years too! Glad could get him to Mikey's Fest so he could experience everything great I have been in the past years here!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
They need it. I hope it includes a staff turn over or comprehensive training in customer service. I think John Browning should get in on the action over there and do some consulting work for them. They clearly need better internal systems, communication and leadership to motivate that staff.

Seriously? Do you have a filter?

Mike charged nothing!

Traded services for the best place he has ever had an event.

Got the vendors the ability to show their stuff in a real world situation.

Do you not think they know who he is and might read this board?

They are remodeling they know they have a problem.

Let's show some appreciation so we can come back.

I got what I paid for and had no issues with any staff.

Totally enjoyable experience!

Sorry I missed the cleaning. Seriously would have liked to served with you guys.

Fantastic FREE event in a very accommodating facility.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
@TomKing. It's nothing I would have no problem saying to their general manager. I've spent time in the hospitality business. The service on Wed. and Thursday night was slow for a bar that had empty seats. No way that should have happened. And we waited for an hour and a half before the waitress asked us if we were ready to order breakfast. After we had to chase someone else down to refill our coffee during that time. These were services we had to pay for!!! Not included in our stay. Lunch on Thursday was a train wreck. You could see the panic on the staffs face. The fact that even with a limited menu they still had trouble getting everyone serviced in time for the afternoon sessions. And this was with warning that we would all be eating there and Mike asking them to make sure they were ready for us.

I'm glad they helped MikeFest, but we also helped them. So it goes both ways. Did you see or hear of any MFers being demanding to the staff with the idea that we did them a favor and the hotel owes us so we would consider going back there? That sounds kind of ridiculous when framed that way doesn't it?

And while Mike was able to secure a room for our sessions at no charge, I don't think that is a good reason to overlook bad service and downright rude staff. One waitress literally rolled her eyes at us (mike was there) when we told her we were ready to order an hour and a half ago when we first sat down. Like it was our fault! Mike may have gotten a free room for our sessions, but everyone else had to pay for their room to stay. And we were paying customers for meals and at the bar. The level of unprofessional-ism from some of the service staff was not acceptable for paying patrons, no matter what deal the hotel cut with Mike.

Remodeling is one thing. Disgruntled employees that provide poor customer service and also "vent" to their customers how unhappy and unprepared they were for us to be there is another. I don't care how bad your work day is going, you don't complain about it to your customers. I doubt that would be acceptable for any of our employees to do.

My packages couldn't be found anywhere. Every time I asked about it, all they did was look and tell me they "didn't have them in the back". Someone was supposed to check elsewhere and promised to call me and let me know either way if they found it. Call never happened. They never asked for a tracking number or offered to see when it arrived, who received they day it arrived it or tried to offer any help.

I'm really glad you didn't have the experience that I and some others did. I hope it was limited to just a few of us.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
It's great that they rallied. But you shouldn't have had to blow the whistle.

Good management and employees that feel like they have ownership and can sound the alarms themselves when they see things going downhill is what is needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom