Look what was waiting for me when I got home! Rotovac XL! :)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
its crazy how almost every thread beyond 2 pages gets derailed into something else

gene
That's unfortunately what happens when you get old, lonely and bored.

We don't have much to look forward to.

Hopefully this does not derail this thread too much, as it clearly relates to the human condition. :winky:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
2015-01-26 09.01.44.jpg

2015-01-26 09.01.44.jpg

2015-01-26 09.32.26.jpg

2015-01-26 09.38.08.jpg

2015-01-26 09.40.45.jpg

2015-01-26 11.13.40.jpg

2015-01-26 11.21.06.jpg

2015-01-26 11.21.51.jpg

2015-01-26 11.15.56.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-01-26 09.38.08.jpg
    2015-01-26 09.38.08.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 2015-01-26 11.15.56.jpg
    2015-01-26 11.15.56.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: dgardner

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Whatcha think Mark? She's a kickass machine isn't she?

She's doing pretty good....I like how it collapses down the handles for room savings....

Has some weight to it, but it also is light enough for us to be encouraged to take it off the truck.

Feels pretty good for drying....

My son in law commented on how comfortable the handles are....so there are a lot of good things to say so for it :)

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have had the RV 360i QUAD since I bought it at Mikefest last year. I still love it.

Small enough to use on stairs,
the same four vac shoes and jets as the XL,
variable speed motor that can spin faster than the XL,
has a more concentrated cleaning path than the XL because of a smaller hole in the middle,
and of course 30 pounds lighter so it just gets used all the time.
It is also less expensive.

I am sure the Hoss, Rotovac XL, and Mytee & Junior will work equally as well. Some would say better, but would it be enough better? I may never know, or care. :)

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian

Got It. Thanks!
I also have a Butler and the same 360 XL.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have had the RV 360i QUAD since I bought it at Mikefest last year. I still love it.

has a more concentrated cleaning path than the XL because of a smaller hole in the middle,

I am sure the Hoss, Rotovac XL, and Mytee & Junior will work equally as well. Some would say better, but would it be enough better? I may never know, or care. :)

hooked up to the 2100 I sold you too?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The XL Rocked out this pretty soiled and wear patterned Berber today.

Decided that this could be a pretty good test.

Was working alone in the field today as the son in law was in the shop dusting rugs that needed to be rushed.....so I couldn't video tape and operate at the same time....

2015-01-28 11.04.38.jpg

2015-01-28 11.04.48.jpg

FINAL RESULTS WERE GREAT :)

2015-01-28 11.38.52.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
You might try changing the short nipples to the longer ones so that all 4 jets have a vacuum shoe to pick up the moisture (rather than only 2) and leave the carpet dryer.

Also regarding the earlier video, I have found that on some carpet that a perpendicular stroke gives a better result.

I forgot about the 4 plastic knobs on the XL. It probably runs smoother than the 360i Quad due to twice the contact points, but I wonder if it will dig as deep as the 360i Quad that only rides on the vacuum shoes because it does not have the plastic knobs to hold it up. I am also curious about the moisture pick up. Might the i this leave the carpet dryer, or vice versa?

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You might try changing the short nipples to the longer ones so that all 4 jets have a vacuum shoe to pick up the moisture (rather than only 2) and leave the carpet dryer.
'
Also regarding the earlier video, I have found that on some carpet that a perpendicular stroke gives a better result.

I forgot about the 4 plastic knobs on the XL. It probably runs smoother than the 360i Quad due to twice the contact points, but I wonder if it will dig as deep as the 360i Quad that only rides on the vacuum shoes because it does not have the plastic knobs to hold it up. I am also curious about the moisture pick up. Might the i this leave the carpet dryer, or vice versa?

Been doing some testing and it is getting good even suction and water distribution.

Have been going over the area I have cleaned with the Zipper wand to see if I can extract more water and it is very minimal if any at all I am getting out with the wand.

First time I used the XL, the jets were not working well. There was some debris in them (installed and inline filter to fix) and there was some streaking.

Can tell you there is a lot of suction on the little thing and she is digging in.

I have RX 20's with some mods, but this is getting things drier and I like the size....has some weight but yet compact enough to fit the van better and I am more likely to dig it out of the back because it is easier to handle.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

The 360i Quad may well be the best rotary for all the reasons you state, Loren, in addition to having the same four swoop heads as the XL but it doesn't have the teflon balls on the head so the cleaning heads can really get down to what matters. And as you first mentioned, no other rotary can be collapsed and used on the stairs. Those using a Hoss or RX or Trex or like Mark, an XL, on a really soiled carpet, can only look at a nasty stairway and drool.
View attachment 1152

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Isn't the 360i Head too wide for stairs?

Or are you attaching a single head from the original twin head tool?
Same head you are already using on the upstairs carpet. On any stairway that involves anything more than a simple once-over with the wand, I will collapse the handles and flatten out the machine and just go down the stairs. As you get to the last three steps I gradually adjust the handle up. A towel is at the base of the staircase to catch the overspray. It makes the worst flight of stairs clean up like new.

GEDC0099.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've used the XL many times on the landings to fluff up the traffic pattern but never the stairs.

That's cool but I'd think it would be more than I would want my tech's to attempt. There's still torque to deal with.

Name
Nate W.
I've used the XL many times on the landings to fluff up the traffic pattern but never the stairs.

That's cool but I'd think it would be more than I would want my tech's to attempt. There's still torque to deal with.

The XL can't be used on stairs, too wide... The 360i can be.. It is easy to do so...

Reactions: Art Kelley

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Isn't the 360i Head too wide for stairs?

Or are you attaching a single head from the original twin head tool?

I used to use my original twin head Rotovac by sliding it side to side on stairs using the lower handle. But someone mentioned that they used the 360i on stairs and how they shortened and lowered the handle, so I tried it. It turns out the 360i is easier to use on stairs than the RV powerwand.

On some stairs you get a little overspray on the next step down, but others that are just a little wider it seems just right.

Name
Nate W.
That's the trouble of having a big one. It doesn't fit everywhere.

I'm all thumbs! :winky:

Bummaz for you buddy.... Don't forget about that torque...
I used to use my original twin head Rotovac by sliding it side to side on stairs using the lower handle. But someone mentioned that they used the 360i on stairs and how they shortened and lowered the handle, so I tried it. It turns out the 360i is easier to use on stairs than the RV powerwand.

On some stairs you get a little overspray on the next step down, but others that are just a little wider it seems just right.

I did the same thing with the OG powerwand.... Remember the stairtool "mini 360" they had? and look where the 360 is now.... :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom