Looking for a wand manifold

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I want to turn my cobra tile tool into a 3 or 4 jetter. The manifolds I'm seeing online seem to only have a side inlet. Does anyone know where I can buy one with a rear inlet?.

thanks,
Albert

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
In my opinion, wand manifolds are THE dumbest thing to come down the pike....i REALLY thought this was the board of experts, but that is NOT the case! I see so much lacking of professional quality here....you boys an' girls need to catch up here!

I actually talked to someone yesterday that mixes his chemicals in his 120 gal FRESH WATER TANK........jus pours 'em right in......mosta yous don't even know what a flow meter is for....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Well number ONE there is never a need for three or more jets....a single stainless tee tig welded with a 1/2" eighth inch rod onto the wand tube is sufficient to put two 90 degree stainless elbows on EACH SIDE which will in turn allow any turn or variation of angle for the jets.....of which you can buy any flow AND degree angle of spray....

So in other words, i can do a better water delivery job wit two jets as anyone can wit three or more......

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
bob vawter said:
Well number ONE there is never a need for three or more jets....a single stainless tee tig welded with a 1/2" eighth inch rod onto the wand tube is sufficient to put two 90 degree stainless elbows on EACH SIDE which will in turn allow any turn or variation of angle for the jets.....of which you can buy any flow AND degree angle of spray....

So in other words, i can do a better water delivery job wit two jets as anyone can wit three or more......

Post some pics for those of us that can't visualize what in the world you're talking about.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
MR KNOWITALLINTHEWHOLEWIDEWORLDANDELSEWHEREANDTHENSOME...

might be able to explain how a Genie wand is set up.......please

draw these guys a picture......?

Matt King

Visualize your solution line running down the wand tube into the top of a T fitting. Add a 90 degree elbow on each side of that T fitting and you have a SG wand. Each elbow can be individually adjusted to suit your needs. I really liked the scrub wand. The only thing I didn't like was the tube was pinched/smashed down and then welded into the head. Mine tended to get clogged up with carpet fiber and/or hair pretty easily. I don't recall how the 2 inch S bend wand was set up/welded. It's been a good 10 years since I've used either one.. Back then I didn't pay much attention to wand design.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Matt, my tubes are not squished or bent at the end.....i think i bought the LAST new one in existence a couple a years ago...i love them...along wit the Para-Plate wand valve they ARE the bestest!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
GOLD STAR WAND:

GoldStar11.jpg

GoldStar1.jpg

GoldStar10.jpg

GoldStar5.jpg

GoldStar4.jpg
GoldStar3.jpg

Cool old wands and way ahead of their time.

Take care,
Lisa

Matt King

I was kind of thinking the scrub wand was the only one like that.. The tube goes into the top of the head instead of the side/back if I recall. The 2 inch S bend was a pretty hot item back in the day.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Not even close to how i make them Lisa....i have a piece of 1/8 stainless stock rod that i hang my SS Tee to the wand wit...my angle of SHEAR is a lot different...PLUS that wand is buttass ugly, whereas mine glistens like the rising Sun.....

as i has been tellin' yous kiddies here, the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the results you desire.....

Greenie

Bob is smokin' his stash as usual, having two jets 3" apart is NOT a solid foundation for a 14" wand. Also...having a total flow of 04 on a 14" wand is just plain cheating your customers, Bob we had this talk last year.

What Albert needs is not a carpet wand accessory.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"Bob is smokin' his stash as usual"

Be that as it may.....

there are so many jet combos out there...one can get ANY flow they want at ANY degree spread.....yes i run two 9502's on my twelve incher...however one COULD run, for example, some 04's OR 06's wit a 110 degree spread...and that would suffice on a 14" wand!

These kids nowadays think they know it all...yous all SHOULD listen to yor elders.....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK Lisa..to each his own preference...however a beautious tig weld is a wonderous thing....

but let me jus add that from the distance of the jets from the head...theres not TOO much adjustment ...left!

Greenie

old fart can't see the tape measure let alone read it, your Genie wand is 13.5" pops.
Having just two jets to do the dirty work at 95Âş forces your jets to be 5" off the carpet, you are losing a ton of heat and filling the air with unnecessary humidity.

Of course pressing that unglided wand into the ghetto nap is also choking off vacuum and leaving the rug wetter than necessary....but who cares, it's MI right bob?

Set that Genie higher than 12"hg too, or are you afraid of burning the clutch as you turn the blower at 2/3 of what it should be spinning at?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I'M SORRY...i forgot mysef.....please forgives me, i only been doin' this shit for 40 years....yor right!

Rex Tyus

Who was it that said doing the same thing the wrong way for 30 years is not experience. It is practicing a bad habit.

Oh that was me. :D

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Rex Tyus said:
Who was it that said doing the same thing the wrong way for 30 years is not experience. It is practicing a bad habit.

Practicing what has worked for me for forty years, witout ANY advertising at all.....

man am i a dumbass...!

Greenie

Damn.....Rex beat me to it.

Ok here is a new one:

"doing the same thing the wrong way for 40 years is not experience. It is practicing a bad habit."

Bob, if young bucks are gonna listen to you, don't ya think you are obligated to listen back?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
NAW!!!!!! Not really!

The wheat shall fall from the chaft.....and be known by it's sprouts!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
You should be able to walk into ANY machine shop and have them fabricate you one in five minutes for 15 bucks.

C'mon, EVERYBODY knows that! :roll:

G

I'm trying to be the kinder , gentler type here and you bozo's are pushin it !

Next time I have a question I'll just refer it to Lisa - you dumbasses cant even count your own toes .

James

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom