Made a trip to Atlanta and TCS today.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It was good to see Mike and Chan and the crew. I haven't been there in a couple of years. Mike was showing me his new 100 gallon waste tank with 4 2.5 inch inlets in it, and what looked to me like a huge 6 inch outlet, but I got side tracked and forgot to ask him the measurements of it. It's the tank he's redesigning to use with his 47 and 59 units.

I found out from Mike that he is the one who rescued Bob, Duane's old partner. Duane was offered a job at TCS, but declined it by never showing up. While I don't believe that Mike is really chomping at the bit to work on Duane's old units, he has three unfinished DooDaddy units on his floor that he is having to complete to get out the door due to prior sales. So, TCS is a source of repair parts and service for those of you who bought units from Duane. The two places Duane recommended were places I've never heard of, so you guys may want to consider going to TCS if for nothing else, for it's stability. I came away with 5 gallons of free Super TLP.

I also got a blower lube port installed on my unit. They never had them on their units before.

Mike tried to get me to trade my unit in for a 47 unit. Even offered me a good price for mine, after he saw how good the condition of my van and rig was. It's like new. But, I told him I wanted to keep mine for another year until he could put a Cleanco Quad 56 in a new 2008 van for me. 4 to the door off a 56 sounds nice, and having direct drive support from TCS would be a deal sealer. If any of you guys want a used Prochem unit (I can't imagine why you would), he as two that he took in on trade. He's reconditioning them and will sell them.

He also gave me a gallon of a new encap product called ForceField Soilblaster Pro. It is made for HWE traffic lane prespray, bonnet cleaner, encap. product, upholstery cleaner and it has protector built in. Apparently, it is essentially the same product as Cobb's encap with protector. It's $38 per gallon. It will be interesting to see if it cleans well, leaves no negative residue and actually prevents wicking, and protects the fiber as it claims. Expensive at $38 per gallon, but still $1.98 less than Cobb's stuff.

Some dude came in while I was there who works for some company that owns 40 of TCS's units. All they do is clean apartments. The dude had his dog with him. Seems the dog goes with him all day while he cleans the units. Anybody know who that dude is? He looked like just another BDCC (like the rest of us), but his dog was really nice.

I gave back the Rotovac 360 they gave me to try. Too light, left the carpet too wet, and I hated having that pissy little 1.5 inch hose between my feet all the time. I'll keep my wand. $1900 was a good price for it though. I think.

It's funny. Going to TCS is kind of like going to one of those old full service gas stations my Dad used to take me to. I didn't know about the blower lube port until I got ready to leave. They had put one on for me when they saw mine didn't have one. They didn't ask me. They saw I needed it, and put it on. They also filled my propane tank for me without me knowing it. I saw it on the bill, was glad to pay it, and kinda impressed that they gave good service. They also replaced a worn pump belt that I had installed a month ago. I didn't get the pump aligned properly and it caused the belt to wear. They spotted it, aligned the pump and replaced the belt. All this, plus a new stainless male and female quick connect, and a new waste tank filter bag cost me a whopping $109.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I've noticed that he is becoming much more verbose of late. Instead of 4 short pissy posts on 4 boards he's now resigned to one long boring one here.

The Preacher

maybe i'll deal with them if i need service???

how much stuff did you BEG that they didn't GIVE you???

PS I met the Forcefield guys at Connections, they make lots of stuff that people private label???

Mikey P

Administrator
Should I break the news to Marty and tell him I coined the phrase "Four To The Door"?

Poor dude might kill himself knowing he paraphrased me.

dgargan

Odin beat me to it

He went all that way for free stuff. LOL No wonder his post was long.

I agree that they are very anal when it comes to their tm's. They did a great job on my install and I'm very happy with the machine.

Although I'm still waiting for that follow up call from them to see how the machines running. LOL

hogjowl

Idiot™
OMG! I wrote that DAT after six hours of driving and 2 of listening to Auburn coach Tommy Tubberville speak at a scholarship banquet last night. Upon review this morning, I must have been out of my mind.

Please forgive me, and KMA!

They do have killer service though.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty I for one got continually excited with every paragraph that you wrote.

And you remain one of the very few that will have the chance to meet me someday.

giggle!

Name
Lee Stockwell
We got the letter from TCS last week, signed by Bruce Deloatch, outlining that TCS had bought Accelerated. We were a little surprised because that didn't quite match what Duane had posted here.

We currently use Scentsations and want to make sure we can not only continue to get this product, but make sure we get the same product.

Thanks Marty for your post...I read all of it.

Lee

harryhides

Name
Tony
Here ya go John:

admiralclean said:
Drove ta Atlanta, to meet 2 guys who showed off their huge 6 inchers - I got sidetracked - got lubed up and saw a really nice dog but I hated having that pissy little 1.5 inch hose between my feet all the time. I didn't know about the blower lube they put some on me without me knowing it. I was kinda impressed that they gave good service. The bucket of freebies was a deal sealer.

No wonder Jimmy got so excited.

G

I know what you mean by "those old full service gas stations."

Good service is getting harder and harder to find.

I'm glad it was a nice visit for you and it's always good to hear there are still some people out there that care about customers!

RichardnTn

Thanks Marty for the post....

Marty is really a good guy, he just disguises his posts to make himself seem like most everyone else.

Richard R

Greenie

I hear the good and the bad, TCS always comes up as "good guy" in the chatter.

One thing about service, everything cost, as cleaners tighten their wallet, so do suppliers in their amenities, make sure your local guy is in a profitable situation, not in a survival one because you want to save $5 on some shoe covers on ebay.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Marty gets picked on for his short, witty posts. Then he tells a story, and he gets picked on.

Do you feel like Rodney Dangerfield (without the money), Marty?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm sooo disappointed in Marty for this flagrant act of shill-ism! :wink:

I'm betting he traded off free products for a MB commercial! :shock:

Cleanco? Next you'll be using some POS Castex wand too! :?

:p

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I read it all and was quite impressed. Glad you got the full service. I like it when people see that things need to be done and just do it.

Good post Marty.

G

Mike from TCS they do care about their business, They started a supply house here in the Charlotte area and they beat the pants off the Interlink store here. When Interlink store tells people they want work on their truck mount because they didn't buy it from them "that's a problem" Carolina Truck-mounts a sister company of TCS is great!!!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Jim ... I am just about used to it. These guys just don't recognize brilliance when they read it.

Harold ... all I can say is ROFLMAO!

Jimbo ... can't wait til the day.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Its all about caring and sharing because we love each other!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
For the record...

I've been busy working to get everything set up for the chemical business, and haven't been able to make the time to get by TCS to have a talk with Mike. But a "job" is not being considered. If it were, I would have been there long ago.

In the past our customers have not received the best service at competitive locations. (Their service personnel would sometimes take forever to diagnose simple things and charge our customers for the time that they, in effect, wasted, or try to convert them over to a different heating system, claiming that they didn't understand boilers and didn't have parts for them, etc.) And in order to prevent that from being the case regarding Accelerated system customers, I opted to set up arrangements with our previous competitors, which include them being fully trained and stocked with parts necessary to repair the systems I built while Accelerated Cleaning Systems was in business.

I set up agreements and understandings with 2 of our previous competitors, because I had previously had amiable relations with them or their representatives, and because they were accessible. Mike from TCS was inaccessible, being out of town for a week, and I felt that I needed to be sure that no, "gap" in service was present in the interim.

Those 2 companies have been in business for some time now, with Carpet Supply Source, actually being in business longer than TCS, I'm pretty sure. Carpet Supply Source also owns a fleet of over 30 trucks that serves the Atlanta apartment market. In addition to making truck mounts, they are a White Magic dealer as well. They have a presence on Ebay for chemicals and parts, and have been there for some time now.

Top Line Chemical has been in business for 4 years that I know of. They also own a fleet of 9 trucks that serves the Memphis, TN. area. They don't advertise in magazines yet. Paul Tanner has a methodical, "slow steady growth" policy that he adheres to, that is obviously paying off, as evidenced by his clean and efficient shop and well- thought- out system design. The systems that they make are seriously innovative, with a unique, patented, recovery tank design, and a direct- coupled drive system that includes a provision for the motor to slide forward on a plate, in order to de-couple the drive coupler, while not shifting the alignment at all in the process. (I actually like it better than my own setup in that regard...).

In addition to working on the chemical company (which is, "Accelerated Chemical Technologies, LLC", BTW), I've been working on the patent for the heat exchanger system that I'd back- burnered since forever ago. It was back- burnered because I wasn't satisfied with it's lack of complication. Now I am, and I know that I need to proceed with the process while I have it firmly in mind.

At any rate, Mike and I still have a few things to discuss, which includes, among other things, the possibility of TCS carrying Accelerated Chemical Technologies' chemicals. But the main thing is to get everything set up for the new company correctly, right from the start, without distraction, before "opening the floodgates", so to speak.

I'm reminded here of a wine commercial from years back: "We will release no wine, before it's time.".

It's almost time...

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Marty...

The guy with the dog. If you spoke with him, you would probably have noticed an Australian accent. His name is Mike. Can't remember his last name at the moment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom