Mark my word...

Mikey P

Administrator
There will come a time when the franchises and Hagopian sized companies will all have CRBs and high performance swivel wands..

How will you OOs compete when it will come down to personalities, speed of service and price, rather than results?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There will come a time when the franchises and Hagopian sized companies will all have CRBs and high performance swivel wands..

How will you OOs compete when it will come down to personalities, speed of service and price, rather than results?
Same way we always do. You can give the big guys all the lastest toys and chemistry and training but you can't give them the heart or maybe the desperation of the owner/operator. Some of the biggest franchises already have the best truck mounts and chemistry but their employees refuse to use it properly. Especially if they are on commission. Pay them an hourly rate and they might be more inclined to use a crb or pre vac on every job. In that case, they will only be able to do 2 jobs a day.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
No one selling 3 for $89 will ever take the time to do a proper job. Ever.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
All large companies have good and bad employees. You may get a good job one day and a lousy one the next depending on who you get. I've worked for large companies and seen incredible incompetence, sometimes deliberate. Mikey used to work for coit. I'm sure he could tell some stories.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ahh......the two largest companies in Michigan are emulsifiers and I believe Stanley is as well..i know i was and kickin ass not chasing and spraying table legs with prespray that was gone with yor first pass.....

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

?

LOL
I wouldn't bet the farm on that

what makes you think soap dispensing wand scrubbing outfits will change their biz model now?
Most don't bother with pre-spray, what's a CRB gonna do?

they'll all be pre-vaccing with a Oryx soon too...I'm sure ....:icon_rolleyes:

..L.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Pretty sure most guys replying to this thread use a tom wand and a crb.

It’s the knuckle heads that don’t MP is talking to.

My tech can match me in most situations!

But I have some tricks up my sleeve that I’ll try if I think things can go different.

He may not be that enthusiastic.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
If history is an indicator, they will always be behind the curve. Okay, let’s say they do start prevaccing, crb’ing, using Code Red, air movers, and grooming. By that time all us O/O’s will have moved on to the next advancement.

We are light and agile and can adapt quickly. They are large and slow and do not easily adapt to change.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Nevermind when the results are equal!

Beat their price!

They charge a lot.

Or sell them on hocus pocus secret sauce water treatment!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
There’s always those clients who prefer the smaller companies, and want to give the little guy a chance.

Hopefully you've been at it
long enough to build a solid client list, that would go to war for you.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

LOL
I wouldn't bet the farm on that

what makes you think soap dispensing wand scrubbing outfits will change their biz model now?
Most don't bother with pre-spray, what's a CRB gonna do?

they'll all be pre-vaccing with a Oryx soon too...I'm sure ....:icon_rolleyes:

..L.T.A.
I'm with you

The Browns will win the Super Bowl before Hackopian and Stanley run Devs and Crb jobs

Reactions: dealtimeman

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
The thing is you could pre-vac, crb, pre-treat, etc., but if you're still wanding out a room in 5 minutes, none of it really matters.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Browns will win the Super Bowl

hope springs eternal .......:dejection::angry::angry:
I'd settle for just a professional org at this point in time :(

swivel wands are a poor choice for wand scrubbers
You need a solid head for that..and no glide
Plus, you need a solid head to tilt wand and crack the vac to suck up ju-ju beads and popcorn kernels

the CRB might be worthwhile to them if mounted properly
may be more effective than one of these for their shooz

images

As long as they're ethical, you'll not see me dog the wand scrubbing outfits
No they're not providing the best clean (regardless what they may say/think)
same goes for some of the better guys/outfits here that sling encRapooo ...it ain't sheeit for cleaning, period

but there's a place in the market for McDonalds, Five Guys, Texas Roadhouse and Ruth's Crisp and all the independents that sling only hoo-hash 'n eggs to world famous culinary works of art

I think Mike might of bUmp'd his hED if he thinks McDonalds will be in the biz of making gourmet burgers anytime soon...........

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I think Mike might of bUmp'd his hED if he thinks McDonalds will be in the biz of making gourmet burgers anytime soon...........

People go to McDonald knowing what it is.

No new customer hires ANY carpet cleaning company with intent to buy a sub par cleaning.
Find me an ad that says "Our low prices are because we take short cuts"

Sure many hire the big boys because they're cheap and readily available. When the cleaning gets deeper and longer lasting, and dry times decrease customers who don't care about having a relationship with the tech will stop their search.

and your comments about swivel wands are a bit ignorant.

Reactions: SamIam

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
And cleaners will continue to buy cheap crappy equipment from con men. I guess when it comes down to it, we just need to focus on ourselves and worry about the things we actually have control over.

Hardwood floors don't bother me. Yes, I see people changing out their carpet for them more and more, but not worried.

F

FB7777

Larry, you can scrub with a swivel wand quite easily ... at least with Toms wand you can

And there is no substitution for getting in, under and maneuver in tight spaces

Unbelievably an invaluable tool

I agree that the nationals and big boys will adopt these wands eventually... they just will most likely wait for a cheaper entry point

Reactions: Nomad74

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and your comments about swivel wands are a bit ignorant.

I had a swivel head
speaking from experience, not ignorance
(which could of been a damngood wand BTW if someone that knew WTH they were doing helped John develop it from the start)

some of the other stuff you say is true
But you been seeing too many pine cone nuts if you think the "value priced" outfits are going to change their model anytime soon

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
What's the answer Mike? I see it as continuing education and constantly maintaining your professional relationships. Can't get them all but it's possible to build a solid foundation of great customers on the books.

Speaking of... I have a 1pm phone conference with Broadly.com today. Should be interesting. I liked what the guy showed me at Nexus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom