Mark my word...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I agree that the nationals and big boys will adopt these wands eventually... they just will most likely wait for a cheaper entry point

I know of three already that are ponying up for the real deal.

Both of the above statements are true:

I have seen this happen with everything from thermal foggers to truck mounts.

First, independently minded franchisees make the first bold steps on their own. They usually get threatening letters from the home office in the beginning telling them that they are in violation of some part of their franchise agreement. Once that doesn't work, they are held up as examples of ridicule and the more indoctrinated ones are told to keep away from their sinful example.

When more and more people start to buy into the new equipment and process, then the franchise looks a the money involved in sellling the tool, equipment, or system themselves, and at that point they get the best price that they can, and sell it themselves under their own label or with some special modification.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry, you can scrub with a swivel wand quite easily ... at least with Toms wand you can

And there is no substitution for getting in, under and maneuver in tight spaces

Unbelievably an invaluable tool

t

no disagreement Fred
I know you can scrub with one too
Just harder/better w/o swivel and unglided wands

if the "value priced" outfits don't see the value in pre-spraying 91.28% of their jobs
(one simple thing that alone makes a tremendous difference)
what makes anyone think the majority of them will be filling their trucks with the latest and greatest whoopty-doo tools and additional steps?:headscratch:

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I base all my gun reviews on my experience with it.

which prototype was the one I played with in Indy manifest?

is the latest production model's swivel much stiffer?
cause you can't easily (compared to solid) rock a corner of the wand up to crack the vac

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The silly ones who make their "advanced" equipment their main selling point will suffer.
The ones who make a good relationship and quality work their priority, while understanding that they are niche players, know how to emphasize their advantages, and build on them, will do fine. Just like they have done so far.

And their success has nothing to do with buying the latest and greatest.

F

FB7777

agreed

I think One truck Chucks with high quality standards ( read anal doofuses) are a phenomenal R&D department for future trends

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The silly ones who make their "advanced" equipment their main selling point will suffer.
The ones who make a good relationship and quality work their priority, while understanding that they are niche players, know how to emphasize their advantages, and build on them, will do fine. Just like they have done so far.

And their success has nothing to do with buying the latest and greatest.

from the perspective of a one truck BD...
(assuming one cares about their work and the custy)

the overwhelming majority of success/fail (be that a good/great "job" income or cash out with a legit turn key biz)
long term success really boils down to this;

do they trust you?
are you likable ?
are you lazy or not?

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It sure is funny that commercial vacs have had swivels on their "wands" for over 30 years now. And we are just now getting around to it? And I don't see major franchises using fragile pieces of equipment like a CRB . Hiring those mcdonald type employees you need tough equipment like a .............scrub wand.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Give him a break. He just woke up from a nightmare where he dreamed he was still working at coit and they had bought him a new CDS with a crb, devastator wand, 360i and told him he had 5 jobs that day and he needs to prevac and scrub and rinse all carpets. Don't forget the edging and wiping down the baseboards too. Oh yeah, and make sure you upsell the protector and deodorizer.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Give him a break. He just woke up from a nightmare where he dreamed he was still working at coit and they had bought him a new CDS with a crb, devastator wand, 360i and told him he had 5 jobs that day and he needs to prevac and scrub and rinse all carpets. Don't forget the edging and wiping down the baseboards too. Oh yeah, and make sure you upsell the protector and deodorizer.
More like, give him a break. He had to share three nights in a hotel room with me.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
People go to McDonald knowing what it is.

No new customer hires ANY carpet cleaning company with intent to buy a sub par cleaning.
Find me an ad that says "Our low prices are because we take short cuts"

Sure many hire the big boys because they're cheap and readily available. When the cleaning gets deeper and longer lasting, and dry times decrease customers who don't care about having a relationship with the tech will stop their search.

and your comments about swivel wands are a bit ignorant.

That’s because when Larry thinks swivel he thinks floppy!

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Geez I actually have those nightmares still!

Where there 20 jobs on the board to dispatch, and no one will answer the phone to take them!

I start think how can I do this!

Then I wake up and say thank God it was a nightmare.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
There will always be a place for both types of companies. As a consumer, there are advantages and disadvantages to using both an owner operator and a larger multi truck company. As a cleaner, there are advantages and disadvantages to being either an O/O or a multi truck company. For almost every argument you give me on the one side, I can counter it on the other side.

The real key for both is to try and emulate the other. Large companies want to give the personalized service and attention to detail that an O/O can give and the O/O wants to project that they have the resources and accountability to give the customer confidence.

Much like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse can exist in a market that also has local steakhouse, owner operators can exist in a market with multi trucks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sleep easy owner ops, we've seen this before. Major corp's with Vortex's, Aerotec's CRB's and even Zippers and somehow you've managed to live another day.

I'd be much more worried about the move to wood, tile and laminate floors than some "big company".

Tools are tools, only fools believe its their tools that make the difference. :winky:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I had nice conversation with a guy who runs 50 trucks and 130 techs today.
Change is coming boys..

is he new to the boards and just now discovering the "latest greatest evah" trends?

or has he previously bought the 360, then the 360i, then the HOSS, then the 360 EIEIO-XL wit brush
he using magic RO/deionized/Kryptonite water?
Does he have a GreenhOle wand?
did he replace his stock vac relief valves with Kuncklehed valves?
he running four 2-D door?

and now new wand and 10" brush is going to change the world as we know it, eh
Uh huh..OOOH-Kayyy

.L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom