Marketing problem

Mikey P

Administrator
For the same reason you cant buy Cohibas at the 7-11...

You're out of your environment Terry..

Move to the food or adapt.

G

You need to show the bluehairs a reason to hire you? If you are no different than any other cleaner they've had they may not see any value in hiring you.

Put yourself in their shoes, what would make you hire a CC'er over another? Maybe price, quality, or a combo of both?

C

Carpet Dude

drop marketing to residential homes and accelerate your supply and equipment marketing to carpet cleaners....look at Jon-Don and others and notice how they are growing.....cause quite a few carpet cleaners are gullible and don't know how to shop and hold on to their money. It's an ez grab and run like snatching candy from a willing baby.

Don't you sell booster vacs? there you go....

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Being an ex kalifornican, I have to say we aren't used to hiring anyone else to do any work. When I moved to Idaho, I was surprised at how many people hire others to do stuff. You need to show them why they should hire a carpet cleaner. Maybe some free demos. I never hired a cleaner until I saw someone else have it done, then I was hooked and started my own gig. As far as them not being home, find them, they have to come home sometime. Give them something, free spotter... something to get their attention. Remember, they are in a new environment. Show them you care, then suck their wallets dry.

G

I don't look for rich people. I look for people that want the job done right the first time. Done neatly. My customers want someone professional and someone they like and trust. I have customers that are rich, average and poor. I would say mostly I clean for Joe average.

Dave

G

And ditch the White Dodge Van..and get a new Sprinter..or a New shinny scratch free Chevy van.

Chad

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
And if you're going to keep on wearing the wife beater... AT LEAST TUCK IT IN!

G

And wash it..We can see the Chili stains from over here!

Chad

G

If you had more work

Terry, 1st of all it is Jan. and it has been cold and rainy in your area. I'd suggest bring some good Cubans over to Reno and you and I can wait for spring while we enjoy the Cubans.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Won't be long before the illegal mexicans start moving north and then what?

Becker

Name
Becker
Bellingham population was 71,000. Watcom 175,000.

18000 of that population fall into the age group of 25-44 the perfect demo for a carpet cleaner.

Over 5000 home have married couples with kids under the age of 18.

So in Bellingham alone you have a perfect demo of 5000 households.

Owner/Op such as yourself only needs 350 active clients. Seeing each client 1.5 times per year... Meaning 1/2 use you once per year and 1/2 use you twice per year.

So based on these numbers you need 6% of the ideal demo in Bellingham alone.

How many carpet cleaners serve Bellingham?

So if your demo is married couples with kids as it should be you need to market to these families.

I have never found retired people to be a good demo. So forget about them. Though you will get them.

Avg commute for a Bellingham res is 20 mins. So not all are making the 180 mile round trip drive to Seattle.

Becker

Name
Becker
How does mike do it.

Based on 2000 census.

Santa Cruz
Population 54,356
Households of 20,368
3450 of those homes are married and have kids under 18 at home.
Avg household income $66,000
Avg cost of a home $450,000

Don't stress on the numbers.

You need such a small percent of the population you serve.

Cameron1

Man, you need Piranha Marketing... bad
I bet Joe would give you a discount on your first packet. Then, he could upgrade you to Platinum Plus.

G

You forgot that Brevik was Joey P's bitch for about 3 months from what I heard.

Chad

Becker

Name
Becker
I bought the program about 10 years ago.

I then saw where the 3 guys in the YP got their ad copy from.

Is Joe backing off the carpet cleaners and starting in on Realtors now? I had a client a month ago mention this to me.

Cameron1

is this true terry ? say it ain't so !

yes becker, joe is going to other markets too

G

Here's an idea: Spend $300 and get the old van painted at Maaco. Spend $700 and get the thing logo'ed the right way so it looks professional. Armour All the whole thing inside and out. Armour All it again a second time. Quit wearing the Fjord King t shirts and only wear the polos. Then go get the 6% or whatever part of the market Becker says you need. If that doesn't work quit golfing or skiing every day and work!!!!! :twisted:

I don't live up there anymore but Bellingham doesn't seem a whole lot different than other areas. I don't know their buying habits though....

Becker

Name
Becker
When doing market research I just drop in the city followed by population, avg income, avg home sale.

Census facts always come up.

But some other great sites come up too. With better up to date information.

Areas around you Dirk have changed rapidly since the census.

G

Meet and greet, followed up with some marketing to that same area.

Becker

Name
Becker
You are right, Bellingham is pretty much all white.

Zero in on your demo and go after it.

Do as Curt sez, Make yourself stand out.

G

Instead of golfing during Winterfest on Saturday maybe listen to some of the speakers? I think the day is geared more toward owner/operators this year????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom