Mixed Reviews

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Well I have to say I am super happy with the purchase of the Zipper, there is no comparison to a wand, and this job today really showed me how good of a tool it is.
It was only about 3800 sf of cgd but this is the kicker....I used my buffer with tank to lay down the PS and my 13 year old son ran the Zipper he did the whole JOB!!! No way would he have been able to do that with a regular wand, I did go back and check/ touch up some spots as we moved down the long hallway.
This video of him was at the end of the job and he was SUPER HUNGRY and I think he was getting a little tired but he did a great job with me today

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well I have to say I am super happy with the purchase of the Zipper, there is no comparison to a wand, and this job today really showed me how good of a tool it is.
It was only about 3800 sf of cgd but this is the kicker....I used my buffer with tank to lay down the PS and my 13 year old son ran the Zipper he did the whole JOB!!! No way would he have been able to do that with a regular wand, I did go back and check/ touch up some spots as we moved down the long hallway.
This video of him was at the end of the job and he was SUPER HUNGRY and I think he was getting a little tired but he did a great job with me today

Rock on J Man!! :rockon:

Nice job! :)

Reactions: TConway

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
At 13yo my dad would drop me off at a job and come back when I was finished.. Hell, sometimes I'd have to wait hours after the job was done.... He got the gift of gab, I don't..... Stfu and let's go... :lol:

My brother Dave sometimes DROVE to the jobsites with a van when he was 13 years old...:eekk:

to bring a van to my dad so he could start working right after getting done driving school bus :biggrin:

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.

I would drive around in my friends mom's car at 12yo.. We'd dick around and drive all over... He'd take his dad's car.. Good times...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
All I can say about the Zipper is it is one BA tool for cgd carpet, I have been using it just about everywhere, but on resi carpet it does work you a little harder, today when we ran it on the cgd carpet it was like butter, just super easy to use, We didn't make record time but it was really the first REAL time my son actually really ran a tool for real.
We have made the decision to home school him this year, not because he is doing bad in school but, his friends and he himself are changing and we just feel it might be a good idea to step in and help guide him a little bit instead of the hormone popping youth right now. Besides learning how hard work is may give him a little different outlook on school, maybe for next year.
He did a great job today, made me pretty happy actually......had to take him out for lunch....man he is starting to eat like a horse. Oh and we had to discuss his PS4 fund.

Name
Nate W.
All I can say about the Zipper is it is one BA tool for cgd carpet, I have been using it just about everywhere, but on resi carpet it does work you a little harder, today when we ran it on the cgd carpet it was like butter, just super easy to use, We didn't make record time but it was really the first REAL time my son actually really ran a tool for real.
We have made the decision to home school him this year, not because he is doing bad in school but, his friends and he himself are changing and we just feel it might be a good idea to step in and help guide him a little bit instead of the hormone popping youth right now. Besides learning how hard work is may give him a little different outlook on school, maybe for next year.
He did a great job today, made me pretty happy actually......had to take him out for lunch....man he is starting to eat like a horse. Oh and we had to discuss his PS4 fund.

I was homeschooled from the 8th grade on.... I was a bit of a class clown but I got taken out of school because the teachers were trying to tell my parents I had ADD and wanted to put me on Ritalin... Also 1 teacher was discussing/debating why Hawaii should pass the same sex marriage also.... After spending 5g's getting me tested for ADD, they found out I was well above average, I just didn't like to do my school work...:lol:

Being in the business at a young age taught me the value of money, cause and effect, how to converse with people... I wish I went to high school though, I always felt like I missed out on a big part of my life... A lot of the "kids" I hung around with got locked up and some have even died.... I could converse with people a lot older than I, but when it came to a girl I was attracted too, I couldn't talk for nothing.... Then one girl got me out of my shell and it's been fun ever since.....:shifty:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Damn Tom

I'm really looking forward to showing off your wand in Indy.

Lots of great people going to be there.
We went up to the shop yesterday and got to check out the progress of the new wand head (just computer drawings) I am pretty dam excited actually, I have to put filter orders together for most of the day today, but Tim might have a rough mock up of a head done today for me to bring home and put together....nervous but excited at the same time....it should flow some serious air, there is no way it shouldn't there is NO harsh edges inside this new head, but till we actually hook it up and suck some carpet we won't know, but I believe it is going to be amazing really, we are even taking inconsideration that most of the vac is in the very center of the wand head right at the port....we have a really cool idea that we hope will solve this making the head have a very even suction flow across the whole vac slot.....sorry this is "TOP SECRET" :biggrin:
Just have to wait and see.....might be the wand of all wands.....or just really nice door stop.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If that wand offers an adjustable jet bar, so I can get rid of the edge dribble, I'm interested.

I also will probably need a new filter for the new Cleanco.

I'll call from a number you don't recognize.

Reactions: TConway

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
It doesn't quite work that way. Least not for me. You still end up using one hand. You have to cradle the hoses in one hand while PUSHING with the other. If you try to use both hands you are constantly fighting the hose drag and leg tangles. Don'; buy the Zipper thinking it's going to make your body aches stop. What it will do is make your production rate soar.

Marty, I cleaned 4000 ft of commercial carpet a couple of weeks ago with my PowerGlide only this time I hooked my hoses up to one of Joe's stairclimber strap setups that hooks to your belt. It made the hoses much easier to manage. It takes a couple of adjustments to get it positioned correctly but it really takes a lot of the work away. I have been carrying it around in my van for a couple of years and didn't really know what it was for and someone on MB mentioned using one so I thought I would try it out. Simple but it works.

Reactions: hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
Outstanding, Joe. Thanks for the tip!

I have grown more used to the Zipper since that post. I am finding it easier and easier to use, but it still isn't the complete body ache wonder tool Saiger claims it is.

One thing I have found is (DUH) it helps to clean INTO the rooms or areas when possible.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Wow. Totally dumbfounded that anyone would think we had anything in common other than the cleanco. Amazing what people construe from these boards.

Reactions: hogjowl
Back
Top Bottom