Monday is our first freeze

Mikey P

Administrator
Screenshot_2015-10-29-18-52-23.png
15" of snow above 7000
Dusting on the valley floor and high winds..

Tell me again what I should do with this 370?

It will be in our attached insulated garage..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have a freeze warning tonight. All the TM's in but one. Our north garage has fire contents we need to move into the building next week.

The one tm outside has a single heater in it. Mike its not single digits, run one heater just to make sure the temps don't drop too low in there. Your day temps are so high its not going to be cold enough to be too concerned yet.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
View attachment 8174 15" of snow above 7000
Dusting on the valley floor and high winds..

Tell me again what I should do with this 370?

It will be in our attached insulated garage..

That's not too bad really yet....

Inside your garage ....especially with insulation, just the heat from the van having been run will help, and setting some type of heater in it too a preventative can help....

But I bet you will be good....close all windows and doors too.

If you ran the TM for awhile before putting away, that heat exchanger and unit will help keep some heat in there too...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Your garage should stay at least 10 degrees warmer then the outside temp..

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Get a couple of outdoor thermometers and stick them in the van. The ones I use beam back to the house to a little led thing.

I've kept a van/tm warm outside with electric heaters at -15! In your garage you should have very few issues.

When out cleaning, the pressure gauge will be the first thing to freeze. Again...... Were talking very(not you) cold temps.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Those were the days when I kept my prochem outside in the driveway. Ran two ceramic heaters and it still froze.
Watch out for any wands in the back...............they will freeze even as you drive down the road.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Slide in probs, direct drive trucks stay nice and toasty all the time once the engines warm

Mike Draper

youll be fine in your garage. It will stay around 50 degrees most of the winter in there unless it drops below 10 degrees. If you are worried, an oil filled heater in the van will be more than plenty. No risk of fire with that type of heater.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Like most have said you'll be fine in the attached garage for quite some time. Keep your garage closed up as much as possible, the concrete floor and structure hold heat for a long time.

Reactions: Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've moved out of the house but our insulated and attached garage worked great for my vans. I didn't worry at all until we had sustained temps in the single digits.

It has to be pretty cold out to get our garage below freezing for any length of time.

You're fine for a while. Heck, you'd be fine without the garage, for now.

How low do the temps get in the Winters there Mike?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Looks like awesome weather, maybe even 4 real seasons!

I bet you won't have to sweat it too much. It's the sustained teens and below that can cause trouble. A decent little electric heater should be all you need. Set it at 40 degrees in the van and relax.

The freeze issues I've dealt with start at the bottom of the truck. Watch out for your fresh pump if it's on the floor of your van. Those ag pumps can freeze up quick, I'm pretty sure it's because there is so much metal in them.

Glad my Cleanco doesn't have one.

Ken Clean

Name
Ken Schow
There are 3 areas to address: First, I use to have a TM cleaning company in the far north - cold and more cold. Oft times my van was outside in the winter. I used a radiator "Block Heater" (electric plug-in when the van was not in use). One block heater was installed in my slide-in unit. A second block heater was for my van's motor. The water hoses and wands were moved near the slide-in or brought inside if it was really cold (20 degrees below). Never had a freezing problem.

No. 2: I installed a second "car heater" (off the radiator water lines) for the back of my truck when driving. My van was always toasty warm. Also, I never worried about anything freezing in the back of my truck. Later, I installed a 25 gallon "water box" (for the high pressure water pump) and put the block heater in it - keep the interior of the van warm through out the night.

No. 3: During the winter - to maintain heat in the high pressure cleaning line from the truck to the house, I put the high pressure line "inside" the first 50 feet of vacuum hose (similar to most of the upholstery cleaning tools). Worked great! A little harder to coil up at the end of a job - large coils solved that problem. (did not use hose real)

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

I wish I had the picture of my van in the driveway with about a foot snow on it that melted and froze all the doors shut in about two inches of ice.

It got parked inside after that.

This is the first house ive had an attached garage. Genny has two trucks and one is getting kicked out of the garage soon.shes not happy bout it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
My 1st house I insulated the garage and didnt have to plug in a heater until it was less than 10 degrees out. This past wintewr was the first with parking outside and will be the last. Pluggin in the heater melted roof top snow then as the water flowed down the side - it froze the doors and wiper arms. There was like 2-3in of ice around the arm that had to be chipped daily along with chipping the door cracks to avoid bending the metal.
iced van.PNG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom