Monday is our first freeze

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I had to run with exhaust hose on super cold days .. one day was -17 windchill.

van insulation 5.PNG

van insulation 7.PNG

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I had to run with exhaust hose on super cold days .. one day was -17 windchill.

There is no need to worry about windchill in regards to your equipment. Windchill is just something to give people a sense of how cold the temperature FEELS on your skin when combined with wind.

If its 33 degrees outside with 20 MPH winds, the windchill will be 21.3 degrees. There will be no freezing issues to worry about because your equipment isn't impacted by windchill. Lower wind chills mean that inanimate objects cool to the air temperature more quickly, but even high winds can't force the object's temperature below the air temperature.

Todd C

Name
Todd
You guys are brave. Any time I see it going under 35 I have a heater in the van. I would rather pay a few dollars to heat the van than pay hundreds to replace freeze damaged parts. Tonight will drop below freezing for the first time here, I just now put the heater in the van.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
There was some ice in the bird bath this morning. My van sat out but its still 48 degrees on the floor of the van. Finished the last job around 3:30pm yesterday, so the van hold heat inside fairly well.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Todd C

Name
Todd
What is the elevation in Tonapah?
Here in Pahrump it is 2700 feet. We get into the 20's quite often over the winter and sometimes into the teens. I have seen single digits a few times. I live out in an area surrounded by farmland and where I live is usually about 10 degrees colder than downtown Pahrump. We don't get much precipitation here so we don't see snow too often, here was our last snow storm about 6 years ago.

2011snow3.jpg

coittruck.jpg

2011snow2.jpg

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
Next time your at Walmart buy plenty of windshield washer fluid it's cheap and has always worked for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom