More installs as requested...

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Genesis1.jpg

This again is a Toyota Super Long Wheel Base - yes this is one of the larger vans we get access too here in Australia before you really need to fork out for the larger Sprinters and Iveco vans.

Genesis2.jpg

We installed the new Genesis ZXT into it and ducted the exhausts through the floor with underbody mufflers.

Genesis11.jpg

These are one of the few vans we have down under that have dual sliding doors. Make servicing the machine a breeze with the second sliding door.

Genesis5.jpg

This is looking in the back door of the van. This van and machine have been set up specifically for hard surface cleaning. You can see in the right hand side mounted against the stainless chemical shelf is a high pressure lance and also the foam generator attachment also.

We have made the suspended drawer with enough width left in there so we can wheel in our high pressure portable (1000 psi with 2x3 stage vacs) which you can see. Sitting in a bracket affixed to the stainless steel vac hose reel is our edging tool, and of over the far right hand side is the larger external waste pre-filter to stop the larger debris reaching the vacuum tank.

Genesis12.jpg

And yes, we have plumbed this rig for 2.5" hoses.

Genesis8.jpg

When you go to empty the stainless pre-filter, it is as simple as unclipping three hold down brackets, then the entire filter pivots over and outside the rear end of the van.

Genesis9.jpg

You can then place the rubbish from the mesh cage into a bin, and hose out the rest of the tank whilst it is upside down.

Genesis10.jpg

We mounted the high pressure solution hose at the back of the vacuum hose this time. Being electric wind up, we don't have to reach back and wind it up by hand, so essentially, we could mount it wherever we have spare room in the vehicle. We just press the button and it winds up from underneath the vacuum hose reel.

Genesis7.jpg

This is the final shot of the rig showing the hard surface head in place and also the sliding drawer being filled up with extras.

Jim

John Watson

GDay to you Sir, As I have said before, You are a master in making things fit. My Chopska is off to you...

Mikey P

Administrator
When I was a wee lad the Helms Dough Nut man had a drawer like that filled with scrumptious Jellys, Fritters, Old Fashions and all kind of candy you could not get at 7/11 in his truck..

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
John Middleton said:
Damn, all that work and still not a solid HEAT and VAPOUR barrier between the cab and the back!!!!!

Good job mate, just yankin ya chain :lol:

John :lol:

Hi Johnno,

Your starting to sound like Ash now :wink:

If you have a close look in the second photo down, you will see there is the normal cargo barrier in there. However, if you see up in the corner and all the way around the edge of the actual van pillar and roof a black rubber strip.

It is hard to see on the photo, but there is actually a thick sheet of perspex inserted in front of the cargo barrier which has been completely sealed with a thick rubber gasket all the way around. It actually looks like a Toyota genuine part the boys have done it that neatly - even if I do say so myself :) So don't worry, there will be no heat or vapour reaching the cabin from the cargo area.

Jim

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
You are Awsome! I wish you could help me re-design my Aero Tech!

That is one tricked out set-up, did you do the layout yourself?

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Here are photo's of a truck I put up in another post recently. This is our closest thing we can get legally on our roads and still keep a normal car license without going to a truck licence.
DSC03056.jpg

We have installed the new PowerClean D-XT Diesel Genesis
DSC03065.jpg

The D-XT has been been completely designed to handle 2.5" hoses. So we continued that train of thought on even to the external filter. It has 2.5" outlets as well (that can be quickly adapted back to 2" if necessary)
DSC03085.jpg

We put in a separate Stainless vac hose reel just to cater for the 2.5" hose. It holds 2 lengths of 2.5" on it. The reels are electric wind up as well with variable speed depending on the length of hose you have out.
DSC03060.jpg

We fitted it with a tail gate loader as well to make getting portables, Cimex and dehums in and out of the truck a lot easier!
DSC03094.jpg

DSC03095.jpg

This rig isn't quite finished yet either. We are building racks that will hold 25 airmovers around the edge of the spare cargo area and then over the Vac hose reels. I will post more photo's when we are completed if you guys like.
DSC03102.jpg

This is a custom external filter box we manufacture that can easily pivot outside the pantec and drain. We make this for the guys doing external hard surface cleaning as well as flood work. You can see directly behind this tank is a 600 litre poly fresh water tank that feeds the Genesis on a demand system.
DSC03076.jpg

Jim

breathe72

That is just insane. (means 'awsome' in yank-speak)

After seeing that, I'm cleaning out my van tomorrow and polishing my wands till they glow.

The Preacher

i have never seen better pics of installs or use of space, reels etc!

PS were you drinking the Fosters in Vegas just to be nice, or is it the same here as there???

Name
Kevin McCreary
SHEET!!! CANT TOUCH MY RUG DOCTOR MOUNTED IN MY 78 DODGE VOLARE WAGON!!!

That would be so cool to reel up the hoses in the rain with that side door flipped up!!!!!

You could also dump your lint basket right out in the custys driveway as a free leave behind gift!

dodge.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
WOW. Awesome install. Can I get that filter basket over here?? I'm going to the Power Clean website right now to check. I'm in the process of putting the Terminator in a box truck and I have NO intention of using the old in line filter. They suck. Or I should say, they block the suck.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
breathe72 said:
That is just insane. (means 'awsome' in yank-speak)

We say insane for cool things over here so I get your drift, thanks. :D And as you commented, there is a lot of polished gear in the back. Personally I feel any other tradesperson can turn up to Mrs. Piff's house and have a untidy vehichle/machine.

However, being cleaners, I think it reflects on us, so that is why we put a lot of work into making these rigs shine. And the best part, all of our clients that get these rigs keep them looking that way for years. They also have a lot of pride in their equipment.

Danny Strickland said:
i have never seen better pics of installs or use of space, reels etc!

PS were you drinking the Fosters in Vegas just to be nice, or is it the same here as there???

Thanks Dan! 8) And I was drinking the Fosters to be polite at Vegas. We DO NOT drink that stuff over here. We cannot even buy it at our bottle shops. The company I was in was much better than the beer, but I still had a blast.

KevinL said:
WOW. Awesome install. Can I get that filter basket over here?? I'm going to the Power Clean website right now to check.

The PowerClean USA guys don't have it on their website yet as far as I know, however they will have these type of things very shortly. They are a very progressive and forward thinking manufacturing company with some great ideas!

packfancjh said:
That is a sweet lookin rig. Is that a marine grade carpeting on the drawer?

When we do use carpeting, we rust proof the floor first, then use marine ply as the base, and affix marine grade carpet with marine glue to make sure with all the moisture and heat in the back of the vans, that our rigs still look great years down the track, not just while we deliver them.

Jim

John Watson

Jim, All I can say is:

Jimmeny Cricket, You and your dad gots ta be da bestus at the TM installation. Sorry Duane. It simply amazes me with the quality and the thought out placement of your work. Thanks for sharing,

Thanks for coming over and visiting with Helen and I. We enjoyed it immensely. Well almost as good as the Short One being there his owndamnself...At the rate your going you will be alot better than him when you get to be his age!!!!

Keep it up youngun!!!

All our best..

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Very nice and neat!

That in-line filter, the external blower filters along with the internal cleaning jets in the recovery tank should eliminate any need to open the recovery tank.

What is the approximate diameter of the in line filter? Wondering if I have room for it.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Jim, the new installation pictures are just as awesome as the others that you have posted.Going back to the Toyota installation;is the carpeting glued directly to the factory walls or to the marine grade plywood?Also,if it is glued to the ply,do you attach the wood to the walls and then carpet the wood or do you carpet the wood and then attach to the walls?Thanks again and keep those installation pictures coming.
Patrick

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom