More installs as requested...

G

1st CLASS all the way. Our American distys SUCK in comparison. There is NO comparison. Most American truck mounted vans would be condemned if they we're houses by the government.

PURE, PURE QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeeCory

Those look terrific! If I had been able to get a setup like that when I was purchasing from Powerclean I would have. That is some nice looking stuff.

Do you know if those of use with a couple year old Genesis can get that new "larger" waste tank? It appears to be the same width from what I can see, but it is taller.

If you we're in America I would have never bought my White-Magic money pit. 1st,1st class! You make my local disty Cleaners Closet look like backyard mechanics imo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
admiralclean said:
That really is amazing. I am quite impressed. I love the look of all that stainless.

Why can't we get that in America?

You can. You just have to PAY FOR IT. Jim doesn't do that work for FREE. I know our guys would love to pimp out an install but every single person coming in wants the installation as CHEAP as they can get it. I haven't asked Jim but I bet those installs where in the 2-3k range at least. Next time you go to your supplier bring the CASH and ask them to "pimp my ride" I am sure you would be surprised what the guys in the shop can come up with (and that's most any shop) just remember they charge by the hour and get paid by the hour.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel

Thats right John. We do charge extra for these installs. But our workshop very rarely does a 'standard' install. I am sure your team is quite capable as well of doing similar type installs.

However, I know that there are a lot of other suppliers over your way, like over here, that no matter how much money you throw at them they still couldn't produce fit outs to half of this caliber. Because, even though they are good at what they do, they either haven't been doing it long enough, or they have NO cleaning experience. So they blatantly install things without thinking of how to maximize space or think of how easy/difficult things are to service after you put the rest of your cleaning equipment in the van or truck. I see the installs some of the other suppliers over here turn out after they have been paid top dollar, and on some of them, you just about need to uninstall the TM just to do a routine service.

You can't buy experience.

Jim

Jim Bethel said:
[quote="John Olson":1oojmccr]Next time you go to your supplier ask them to "pimp my ride" I am sure you would be surprised what the guys in the shop can come up with (and that's most any shop) just remember they charge by the hour and get paid by the hour.

Thats right John. We do charge extra for these installs. But our workshop very rarely does a 'standard' install. I am sure your team is quite capable as well of doing similar type installs.

However, I know that there are a lot of other suppliers over your way, like over here, that no matter how much money you throw at them they still couldn't produce fit outs to half of this caliber. Because, even though they are good at what they do, they either haven't been doing it long enough, or they have NO cleaning experience. So they blatantly install things without thinking of how to maximize space or think of how easy/difficult things are to service after you put the rest of your cleaning equipment in the van or truck. I see the installs some of the other suppliers over here turn out after they have been paid top dollar, and on some of them, you just about need to uninstall the TM just to do a routine service.

You can't buy experience.

Jim[/quote:1oojmccr]

AMEN!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

Very nice installs on both trucks. I like the idea of using more Stainless.

I think that since the equipment costs more over there, that it is installed and maintained at a higher level.

I like the tilt-out feature on your inline filter. What was the cost of just the filter?

We had a line of NSS tank vacs that emptied the same way and customers liked that feature.

I enjoyed our conversation in Vegas.

Keep up the good work.

Larry

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
The only thing I don't like about the filter, is how HIGH up the vacuum connections are, I see that being a problem. Other than that, I want an external filter badly.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
If the distributors/suppliers could actually do those type of installs;high end,maximization or economy of space/interior real estate, ect... you would think they would advertise that they can provide this type of service.Along the lines,that we do if we want let potential clients know of a particular service.

Or the other side of the coin; I see things advertised in print form or discussed on BB's and nothing available on the website to help us during the preliminary "shopping" stage

-Mr. Bethel, I was wondering when I might hear back from you regarding my previous email?

Thanks,Patrick

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Awesome ride til I read the post about the Genesis blowing water out of the blower when the tank is half full. Pointless to Pimp a mount you can not clean with.

Golden Boy

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Larry Cobb said:
Jim;

Very nice installs on both trucks. I like the idea of using more Stainless.

I think that since the equipment costs more over there, that it is installed and maintained at a higher level.

I enjoyed our conversation in Vegas.

Keep up the good work.

Larry

Thanks Larry. I think you are right about the expense.

For instance, in some of our other installs, you may have seen a custom 300 gallon water tank fabricated out of Stainless Steel. It is nothing special, just a rectangle tank with bungs for in and out taps, and 3 baffles on the inside. The cheapest we can get a metal shop to manufacture one of these for us, is around the $3,000 mark over here.

Everything is more expensive. That truck you see in the photo’s above is $45,000 by itself and the pantec cost the client another $30,000 on top of that. Everything from cars to food to petrol (we pay the equivalent of $ 6.50 per gallon) is more expensive over here. Due to the cost of things over here, I think when the cleaners do purchase nice machinery, they really do look after it because the replacement cost is so high. We put a lot of work into it to make sure that they don’t have to come back every few years to replace their equipment as well.

We do what we do over here due to necessity. I also enjoyed meeting you in Vegas and enjoyed our conversations as well. Gary has actually just flown over in the US for 2 weeks right now dealing with one of the things you and I were discussing at the MB dinner.

Pmatte said:
-Mr. Bethel, I was wondering when I might hear back from you regarding my previous email?
Thanks,Patrick

Sorry Patrick, I have no idea what email you are talking about. I apologize, but if you would like to contact me my email address is jim@powerclean.com.au

Waldo said:
Awesome ride til I read the post about the Genesis blowing water out of the blower when the tank is half full. Pointless to Pimp a mount you can not clean with.

Golden Boy

I understand your comment Waldo. What I don't understand is why people think that it is only the PowerClean waste tanks that don't get to 100% capacity before the APO or shut down kicks in. If you go back and re-read that post you will see that the PowerClean machines have a waste tank no different to any other slide in waste tank. Prochem, Blueline, HydraMaster and PowerClean all do the same thing.

Fred Homan said:
Would Powerclean sell that external filter by it self?

If you contact PowerClean Industries in Chicago Fred, I am sure they could answer that question. While I cannot comment 100% on their behalf, I am pretty sure that they will be manufacturing these tanks very soon.

Jim

Name
Jesse
You can measure your tank to see the capacity if you know the full level. We made some changes and got about 30 gallons extra capacity on our 1200.

Here's the formula for a square or rectangle tank:
Volume of the tank = Length x Height x Width x 0.00433

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Pmatte said:
Going back to the Toyota installation;is the carpeting glued directly to the factory walls or to the marine grade plywood?Also,if it is glued to the ply,do you attach the wood to the walls and then carpet the wood or do you carpet the wood and then attach to the walls?Thanks again and keep those installation pictures coming.
Patrick

I'll give you a quick run down of our installations starting with a new van
IMGP3362.jpg

We then rustproof the floor
IMGP3371.jpg

Fit marine grade ply and screw that to the floor.
IMGP3372.jpg

Fit insulation into all of the wall cavities
IMGP3377.jpg

Cut Zinc sheeting to size and rivet it to the cross members of the walls
IMGP3385.jpg

Apply marine carpet to floor, walls and doors. Measure up and start fabrication the custom racking and auxiliary tanks
IMGP3583.jpg

Before it gets completed and loaded before it rolls out of our factory...
PowerCleanInstall2.jpg

If you have any other questions Patrick, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Jim

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Here are the finished photo's of the rig that I partially posted earlier. The Stainless racking and wraps have now been completed. On board currently there is 2 dehums, Cimex, 22 air movers and still a lot of space left over. All the racking including the chemical lock box is stainless. Came up great!

Gavin1.jpg

Side view showing the PowerClean Diesel D-XT Genesis.
Gavin3.jpg

Finished off including the wrap.
Gavin4.jpg

Jim

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
There is nothing fixed, as no two installs are ever the same. Everything is custom and done into different vans or trucks.

Each customer requests different things as well. We just charge our normal weekly rate plus material. So the labour content on something like that would be anywhere from $1000 to $2000.

Jim

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you have the "best in show" installs, Jim

truly top-o-da-heap!

set up for max efficiency and economy of space.

very very well done!

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom