Mr Ed Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim1

I'll be the Bigger man in this case, I know its hard for you, It takes time but you will get there. " I HOPE"

You can continue to Flog a Dead horse if you wish, But like MOST Recoil owners they really dont have a issue with ED,
And would buy another unit in the future,

He has thousands of units out there, and Just beacuse one guy has a problem we all have a problem.......

A little secret Mikey....No ONE CARES......Im still buying another one when mine is wore out...

Im out on this one Mikey, You can have the THRONE after this, Since this is your board you have every right to sit on the Throne or toilet as head haunch OOOOOOO....

You can have last word........Dont forget to wipe......

Mikey P

Administrator
I just bought a new Mytee 1003 hp machine for my partner at the rug plant so his employee cna clean cheap rugs.

Now that is one nicely built and professional looking machine.

and the wand even came with an assist handle.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
At M6 I am going to charge $10 a head to blow up the cross american booster. Maybe hook it up to a V and close the open end

gary mackay

Just 8 screws BFD! How many times do you really ever need to get in there? Beats other machines that constantly trip breakers.

Mikey P

Administrator
Shit Gary I had to get into mine every other time I used it. Stuff was always coming loose.

and when four of those screw are stripped, it's a real joy.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Is your ego that fragile Mikey that the only way you feel good about yourself is to constantly berate other people? Apart from the fact that you come across as an asshole, you come across as an asshole. If it isn't Nick it's Ed. Or Joe Bristor. Or someone else. I'm sure they're all concerned and deeply saddened they don't measure up to you. :wink: Did you get picked on a lot at school?

PUT IT TO REST The horse is DEAD.

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

dogwipe.gif

The Preacher

Jimbo, your my boy and all, but the reason Ed doesn't attend events is because he "thinks" others steal his designs and what not. I have to say that KleenRite and Mytee have blown past him in design and their performance is everything you'd want in a Porty.

No get your tickets punched early to MikeyFest and let me buy you a few beers!!!

PS before you try to slam Jim, he is my friend from SFS and his biz is what many of you would like yours to be.........DEBT FREE and systematized!! He's been around a long time and even pulled hoses for Bob Wittkamp, so don't think yore dealing with a Ricky Fontenou here boys, he's the real deal!!!!!!! NOW BACK THE ACE UP!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

randy

Name
Randy
I owned a Recoil for years as well as one of the original blue/white Mytee units. Both were great little units. Although the Mytee had a heater that was beyond anything I have ever seen on a porty (super hot) and the Recoil (which didn't have a heater) wasn't exactly what I would call a real "refined machine", I liked them both and they were equally reliable. Both manufacturers have greatly improved their line up and that is good for the industry. Ed Valentine was always very helpful and a great guy to work with, so were the folks at Mytee.

In all fairness I have never seen any portable taken apart, photographed and analysed on Mikey's board like that 9 year old Cross America unit was a while back. Ed was probably really offended by being unfairly singled out for a Mikey's board autopsy, and is just getting his shots in. I question the wisdom of him grouping lots of folks together like that in his ICS post as many of his customers come to this board, however I can see way he is a bit agitated for the follow reasons:

1) The unit profiled was a nine year old unit, not a current model by a long shot.
2) No other unit was analysed at the level of his recoil.
3) The Mytee was showcased as a better unit but there was no Mytee autopsy.
4) There are several retailers on this board that rep the Mytee line, does anyone here rep the Recoil line ?
That would cause anyone to see this board as having a bit of an self serving agenda. This board was trumpeted at day one as being a place of fairness & objectivity. The way the Recoil and Ed Valentine was treat was probably not 100% in keeping with those founding objectives.
5) The Coroner has had a long running tiff with Ed Valentine, so he should have excused himself and let someone more objective do the cutting.

Name
Nate W.
randy said:
I owned a Recoil for years as well as one of the original blue/white Mytee units. Both were great little units. Although the Mytee had a heater that was beyond anything I have ever seen on a porty (super hot) and the Recoil (which didn't have a heater) wasn't exactly what I would call a real "refined machine", I liked them both and they were equally reliable. Both manufacturers have greatly improved their line up and that is good for the industry. Ed Valentine was always very helpful and a great guy to work with, so were the folks at Mytee.

In all fairness I have never seen any portable taken apart, photographed and analysed on Mikey's board like that 9 year old Cross America unit was a while back. Ed was probably really offended by being unfairly singled out for a Mikey's board autopsy, and is just getting his shots in. I question the wisdom of him grouping lots of folks together like that in his ICS post as many of his customers come to this board, however I can see way he is a bit agitated for the follow reasons:

1) The unit profiled was a nine year old unit, not a current model by a long shot.
2) No other unit was analysed at the level of his recoil.
3) The Mytee was showcased as a better unit but there was no Mytee autopsy.
4) There are several retailers on this board that rep the Mytee line, does anyone here rep the Recoil line ?
That would cause anyone to see this board as having a bit of an self serving agenda. This board was trumpeted at day one as being a place of fairness & objectivity. The way the Recoil and Ed Valentine was treat was probably not 100% in keeping with those founding objectives.
5) The Coroner has had a long running tiff with Ed Valentine, so he should have excused himself and let someone more objective do the cutting.

I thought Ed was asked to send a updated model but declined?

Mikey P

Administrator
Nick, Ed and Joe.

Yep.

I will do my part to encourage folks here to not do business with them. I am privy to too many accounts of poor or abusive customer service.

(and yes Coop, I am encouraging you to not do business with Greenie until he proves his head has been removed from his ass as well)

Joe's cuffs do kick ass though but should only be bought through second parties..

Nick is too Nick to do anything about his product, Joe should just sell off his patent but there is hope for Ed.

I would love to do an autopsy on his newest machine to see what's changed at M6F.

G

Mikey P said:
Nick, Ed and Joe.

Yep.

I will do my part to encourage folks here to not do business with them. I am privy to too many accounts of poor or abusive customer service.

(and yes Coop, I am encouraging you to not do business with Greenie until he proves his head has been removed from his ass as well)

Joe's cuffs do kick ass though but should only be bought through second parties..

Nick is too Nick to do anything about his product, Joe should just sell off his patent but there is hope for Ed.

I would love to do an autopsy on his newest machine to see what's changed at M6F.

maybe if Greenie apologized and knelt and kissed your @ss you could give him your seal of approval ??

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't need or want an apology, but I would like to hear how he plans on straightening his act out so that I could confidently refer him here again.

Ed buy a banner or give Mikey a free Recoil so he will STFU!

His munster ego is now making him pArAnoiD over on ICS...lol

Mikey P

Administrator
No Banner ad money could make up for the nightmares I have of running that POS.

I was told I could run 2 inch hose 100 ft from the machine with my 2 inch Ti wand.

Have you ever seen water come out of a wand head when you took it off the carpet?

but like I said, if the new machines are that much better than Luddy's 9 year old machine, BRING IT on baby!

Todd Anthony

Danny Strickland said:
Jimbo, your my boy and all, but the reason Ed doesn't attend events is because he "thinks" others steal his designs and what not. I have to say that KleenRite and Mytee have blown past him in design and their performance is everything you'd want in a Porty.

No get your tickets punched early to MikeyFest and let me buy you a few beers!!!

PS before you try to slam Jim, he is my friend from SFS and his biz is what many of you would like yours to be.........DEBT FREE and systematized!! He's been around a long time and even pulled hoses for Bob Wittkamp, so don't think yore dealing with a Ricky Fontenou here boys, he's the real deal!!!!!!! NOW BACK THE ACE UP!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I agree .

Add in Masterblend , steamin demon and rotovac cfx also . I dont know why the steamin demon is not more popular , it is a lot easier to hook up then an auto fill , auto dump porty and does a great job . There most be about 5 other portables that I think are better then the recoil .

I have a recoil it;s nothing special . mine didn't come with a handle either . LOL the pump prime was a big issue for me on my first job i had to screw around with it for about 30 minutes trying to get it to work , then the lady told me that the carpet in the basement took 3 days to dry , this was about 5 years ago so maybe they have changed .but it is the same old design as far as i can see.

I had to start bonnet cleaning instead of using the recoil because i was getting 6-8 hour dry times or more .mine only has about 50 hours on it and i am looking to get rid of it if anyone is interested . I have pictures i could send .

I got a good deal on mine . Cross American had one on sale that someone had put a deposit down and then the deal fell through so i got a nice discount but it was a deal where I had to make up my mind or it was going to be sold to someone else who was interested . Looking back I feel like i was takin with high pressure sales tactics .LOL

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey P said:

I was told I could run 2 inch hose 100 ft from the machine with my 2 inch Ti wand.

Have you ever seen water come out of a wand head when you took it off the carpet?

but like I said, if the new machines are that much better than Luddy's 9 year old machine, BRING IT on baby!

I call BALONEY or inability to use the equipment to that. Take a look at a church, school, and preschool I do - to quote the Pastor- BETTER than the guy who had a Cleanco did. 85 feet 2 inch to the booster, 35 feet of 1.5 to the wand. 4 hour dry time, tested with my Host moisture probe. No fans.

Wand - on it's side - no leakage :roll:
bills014.jpg

35 feet away - booster

bills017.jpg

85 feet from that, base unit.

bills018.jpg

Here's a look from the balcony in the church I was cleaning- I ran my wand and hose up here too.

bills021.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Phone cam pics , poor quality, but I have a few dozen others I can post if it works for you. (My old Kleenrite heater was 35 feet downline too).

Mikey P said:

LOL

randy

Name
Randy
I definitely think any manufacturer a portable that starts claiming hose runs over 50' is stretching the limitation of small vac motors a bit, well more than a bit. Truck Mounts are truck mounts and portables are portables. Despite the deep fantasies for a hybrid, it isn't available yet so portable manufacturers should stop overselling the capabilities of their units and truck mount manufacturers should stop lying about their heat.

Why would anyone want more than 50' on a portable anyway ?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey P said:
Shit Gary I had to get into mine every other time I used it. Stuff was always coming loose.

and when four of those screw are stripped, it's a real joy.

Sounds like eight screws is a lot to handle especially if you can't afford to buy four more that aren't stripped. How many screws have you stripped out on your Vortex?

Did the guy working on the CA know how to get things tight because they were coming loose every other day. Maybe the problem was the Mechanic.

I hope you aren't using the same mechanic to work on the Lunch box are you?

Mikey P

Administrator
Want to guess why they got stripped Rick?

Misaligned holes/ anchor nuts.

Straight from the factory.

There were so many things wrong with my machine and the machine we had at MF5 it's hard to remember them all.

Like I've said before..
Theo whole POS is like a Jr high school science project gone bad.

John G.

Ed has more sense then to come to Mikeys bully pulpit, however, those that know Ed, should just consider HIS contributions to this industry and not those you like to bitchslap and tear down those who have PAID THEIR DUES and given of themselves to others.

Ed is first class, he takes care of his own and helps those who need it.

This continued attack on Ed shows more a problem with Mikeys character then it does with anything Ed has done.

Small business is the backbone of this country and Ed has played and continues to play his part in it. Credit should be given to those who are due not this bogus year in year out criticism.

Who would you want to have your back?

Trust and integrity go a long way, and Ed deserves both.

You need to get over it Mikey and let this childish one sided feud die.

John G.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm not attacking Ed's character or these so called contributions to this industry that other than Willy's story I have never seen or hear about.

I've only heard about how Ed gives a person all kinds of shit if they don't buy a machine from him after him spending some time with the person.

I've heard the excuses,the stories about how everyone wants to steal his "proprietary designs" and I've heard the Good Fortune To Alls.

I've also heard Ed try and nail me and my Taliban to the cross many many times on Nicks board, ICS and TM.

One sided my ass John.

The machine I bought was the biggest hunk of shit you could ever imagine and for you to pretend otherwise to protect your business partner shows loads about YOUR character pal.

John G.

Business partnet? Not a DOLLAR between me and Ed, Mikey NEVER!

I post a picture and link to his website because of CHARACTER to an competitor of mine because of respect. I have never made a buck off Ed or him one off me.
So that is another ASSumption on your part.

Let's at least be honest here Mikey, Ed had made several designs that others have taken, used, and claimed as their own.

Heck, 10 years ago I was about the ONLY PADDER on the BBS's. Virtually NO ONE had heard of padding, many bonnetted but padding was slammed, laughed at etc.
Over the years that changed, and YES a lot of ideas were taken, used and claimed as their own by many other manufacturers. That was MY FAULT, first for not being much of a business man, second trusting people, thirdly not patenting anything. Even now many who don't understand OP speeds claim they have high speed machines because they have BIG MOTORS.. LOL that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with it.. LOL

So, Ed has had his ideas used by others. OK< you didn't like his machine, COOL, So many DO, so what makes YOUR view so darn important? Why do YOU need to trash someone who whether you agree or not has helped MANY CLEANERS over the years and has MANY very content users?

I've also heard Ed try and nail me and my Taliban to the cross many many times on Nicks board, ICS and TM.
Well DUH< what do you expect? Have you trash him and him NEVER have anything to say?

Like I said, when you have given as much as Ed, you might carry a bit more weight on what you say about others, you make a point of getting paid for what you do, many others GIVE OF THEMSELVES, those I will continue to support and respect.

Mikey P

Administrator
I figured the two of you were selling each others stuff for profit.
Bad ASSumption on my part but how could a person not think with that the way you had your site.

Other than Terje ripping off his booster box what other designs were "stolen" from Ed?

OK< you didn't like his machine, COOL, So many DO, so what makes YOUR view so darn important?

It's important to ME that people see what they are buying rather than rely on BB hype John.
I was snookered into buying a way over hyped machine because SO many BBrs were shilling for him back then.

You can't find up close photos of Ed's machines online, you wont find one in any supply shop and you certainly wont find them at a CAD or any trade show.

I believe Ed is relying on rookie broke dick larry lunchpail carpet cleaners to just keep the machine because returning it would be too much hassle.

Why the heck does he not just put a few more bucks into that design and make it legit?
Stand it next to a Masterblend, Mytee, Us Products, Prochem or Ninja and it looks ridiculous.

Udderly ridiculous.

Like I said if his new machines are all that, I and many others would love to see one in Nashville.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey , I noticed you made no comment on the hose run I posted- that was 115 feet
Mikey P said:

Could it be OPERATOR INCOMPETENCE? LACK OF ABILITY TO RUN A PORTY? :wink: :roll:

Look at the pic Mikey - 115 feet , no water coming out of the wand that's laid on it's side, you can even see the carpet is clean, although the soiling was light.
DRY IN 4 HOURS TO A MOISTURE METER/PROBE -WHERE I STARTED

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey John

Seeing how Nashville is a hop and a skip from Kentucky how abut you bring a new Recoil down with you?

I'm sure Ed would ship you one.

Good job Willy.

F

FB7777

Hey John,

Money doesn't have to exchange hands for 2 businessmen to be working together.

You endorse him and he endorses you... unless something has changed since I last visited the blue board over a year ago.

I saw first hand Ed V's booster box back in 2001 at Dave Heberts shop. It truly is not worth $200, let alone the $700 price tag he had at the time.

His up to 300 CFM claims bothered the crap out of me, cause its not telling the whole story, you don't just add up all the cf numbers from the vac motors you have and claim that is the air potential.

Like Mikey, I don't want to see my fellow cleaner get burned so I tried to give people a heads up before they just jumped on the bandwagon of BB hype from shills and guys that never saw the unit up close.

Willy,

You are a very good cleaning technician no doubt... you could prolly outclean most guys 9 out 10 times no matter what you were using. It ain't the machine buddy.... its all you.

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom