My day sucked!!!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had to reschedule all my jobs forbtoday until Sunday. This morning I was stretching a carpet with my power stretcher and kicker when I blew out my lower back. I actually thing that my constant coughing from all the ash did the damnage and the kicker finished me off. I laid on the floor and could not get up. I ended up skipping the second room, put my tools back into van, and somehow managed to clean 400 sqft of carpet.

I’m now home on the couch and I can’t even walk. Praying I feel better tomorrow. My schedule is completely slammed right now until the 3rd.

Anyone know how to treat a lower back that went out? It’s like all the muscles just went limp. I cant even support myself when walking.

I took the following pic when I was locked up on the floor. I found it commical that I couldn’t get up.

D6958369-3BE9-4D4D-9664-6126012FC10C.jpeg

Reactions: SamIam

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Suckdom sorry to hear

I've had back issues for years, lower back issues that cause limb weakness can sometimes be helped with rolling a tennis ball under the arch of your foot with weight on it. If it hurts like hell rolling the tennis ball it will help as its a connected pressure point

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Suckdom sorry to hear

I've had back issues for years, lower back issues that cause limb weakness can sometimes be helped with rolling a tennis ball under the arch of your foot with weight on it. If it hurts like hell rolling the tennis ball it will help as its a connected pressure point
My wife is fetching me a tennis ball now

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I use Methocarbamol, a muscle relaxer. Your doctor could phone in something better, perhaps. Then Naproxin (Aleve) for pain and the inflammation. Avoid hydrocodone unless you just need it.

Hit the muscle relaxant hard for three days.
Stay off your feet unless you have two good canes or a rollator. Don’t be an ass and try to be tough, it’ll cost you more days.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Laying on the couch is one of the worst things you can do. If you don’t keep moving, it’ll get worse. Sit up in a recliner and make yourself walk occasionally.

And go see a Chiropractor.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

Find a good message therapist. They need to work out the cramped muscles and a good one will straighten you out first time.

But you will cramp back up of you don't rest for at least two days after.

Bunch of ibuprofen help too.

Reactions: SCC and SamIam

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ugh. Guys. I’m not trying to be difficult, but I just don’t have time to go to a doctor. I don’t even have a family doctor. I’ve been on a waiting list for two months for a doctor. There is a real shortage in my area.

I took three adville and three Motrin. I have three good sized jobs tomorrow. I gotta be in shape by 8am tomorrow.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Anyway to get some help? Not sure you will be functional for awhile. That was my experience anyway.
Longer term is lose weight and strengthen the core. Stretch before you even get out of bed...I know because I've been there.
Sorry Damon.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
1000 mg acetaminophen (Tylenol) 800 mg ibuprofen (Motrin) combined
all that crAp you eat with no indigestion , your stomach shouldn't have a problem with that dosage

and why haven't you found a wingman yet?
Told you not to try to kill yourself alone this summer

NOW you know why

Your not 35 anymore Poopsie

.L.T.A.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I deal with chronic back problems several times. These exercises 2 x a day.

Heating pad helps loosen too.

I have put off chiropractors for years but probably going to look for one soon.
My back is getting better from blowout last Wednesday

Reactions: SamIam and Nomad74

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I haven’t read all this, I just can’t. One of best best combos I found to work quickly for me was a Dones back relief and Motrin. I was always like you, had to keep rolling.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Hope it isn't too serious.

Maybe look at preventive measures and a chiro is worthwhile.

Trust you feel better soon.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had to reschedule all my jobs forbtoday until Sunday. This morning I was stretching a carpet with my power stretcher and kicker when I blew out my lower back. I actually thing that my constant coughing from all the ash did the damnage and the kicker finished me off. I laid on the floor and could not get up. I ended up skipping the second room, put my tools back into van, and somehow managed to clean 400 sqft of carpet.

I’m now home on the couch and I can’t even walk. Praying I feel better tomorrow. My schedule is completely slammed right now until the 3rd.

Anyone know how to treat a lower back that went out? It’s like all the muscles just went limp. I cant even support myself when walking.

I took the following pic when I was locked up on the floor. I found it commical that I couldn’t get up.

View attachment 84349

Salan pas patch’s and Advil or ibuprofen, and rest and for god sakes highera helper

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The wierd thing about back problems is they flair up so mundane it’s unpredictable.

If I were slow I would come help you for a 805!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Got three jobs today. Getting out of bed was not a fun experience. I did the stretches before getting out of bed. I couldn't bend over to put on my shorts. I'm a little better than last night but still in pretty bad shape. Hopefully If I keep moving around things will feel better. I don't wish this on anyone. I feel like someone kicked my feet out from under me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom