My day sucked!!!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Look up Alex McKenzie from the Toronto raptor exercise programs. He was the pioneer of core training and patched me up more times than you can shake a stick at . See a good chiropractor too. A tens machine will help too. Sierracil.....

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A young, pretty massage therapist will make you feel like a new man. At least until you try to get off the massage table by yourself.

Name
Swani
Look up Alex McKenzie from the Toronto raptor exercise programs. He was the pioneer of core training and patched me up more times than you can shake a stick at . See a good chiropractor too. A tens machine will help too. Sierracil.....
Love the Tens!

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Damon, I must ask... Do you even lift bro? This program is 20min, mon-wed-fri. It will change your life... and your back, knees, hips, ankles, feet or whatever other body part could just start giving out as you age.

as you lay there in fetal position you should then ask yourself... Do I even lift bro?

Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm not a doctor, but drove past a Holiday Inn Express today, so...

Chiropractor pops bones back into place. This can relieve pain from pinched nerves and let you move again. Your vertebrae gets pulled out of place by muscles you can't stretch. Those muscles cramp when you're in pain, and even when the pain is reduced by putting the bones back in place, those muscles are waiting to pull the bones out of place again. I think some chiros know this and love it, because you will be coming to see them again. Chiros can't prescribe muscle relaxants or pain killers.

An Osteopath is a doctor that is also a back-cracker, so can pop your back and prescribe muscle relaxants. Better choice than a chiro if one is available.

Those cramped muscles have to be softened by massage or muscle relaxants. If "back out of place" is chronic, you need to have a deep tissue massage series. At least three. The first one will hurt.

Many better chiros have now hired massage therapists to provide the physical muscle softening work.

After you're out of serious pain, walking like you need to get somewhere is a great way to keep your lower back flexible. Toning your core will help reduce future back issues.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
stretches and brisk walking is great for keeping my back issues in check, whenever it starts to cause issues for me is generally when I've gotten lax about it

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Hey all. Thanks for the tips. I made it through the day. It was tough. The hardest part was getting out of the van at each job. Although very painful, the more I kept moving the easier it was to get through the jobs. I’m home now with a ice pack on my back. I think I may but a rowing machine for some lower back workouts.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Chiropractors are not the answer. When you injury your back its because your back is weak. When your weak your vertebrae has to take the extra load that your muscles basically fail to do so. Same with your knees when your legs are weak, etc

This is why squats are literally the most important exercise in the history of mankind. When you lift heavy weight your body starts to create new cells that push out the bad cells. Heavy squats change the composition of your body from the inside out.

If you can easily squat above your body weight for reps then its pretty unlikely youll injure your back doing your usual day to day work.

Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Chiropractors are not the answer. When you injury your back its because your back is weak. When your weak your vertebrae has to take the extra load that your muscles basically fail to do so. Same with your knees when your legs are weak, etc

This is why squats are literally the most important exercise in the history of mankind. When you lift heavy weight your body starts to create new cells that push out the bad cells. Heavy squats change the composition of your body from the inside out.

If you can easily squat above your body weight for reps then its pretty unlikely youll injure your back doing your usual day to day work.
Yeah, I didn’t want to open a can of worms, but I don’t trust chiropractors. There, I said it. Let the shitstorm commence.

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Core core core. You gotta train your core. You need to work on balance and strength. Wobble board would be a better investment. Tens machine, will help. My back requires constant thought and care since I put it out when I was 19. It was so bad my doctor wanted to put me on disability in my early 20s.

Name
Swani
Damon as mentioned above these units really do help! Screenshot_20180824-223947_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: Willy P and Nomad74
Name
Jeff T
Yeah, I didn’t want to open a can of worms, but I don’t trust chiropractors. There, I said it. Let the shitstorm commence.
You need to find a deep tissue massage:chiropractic medicine guy/gal. You need the muscle/tendon/ligament to be ready to be put back in place.... I worked heavy construction for 18 years. The first 5 was a living hell. I then found the right person... it made what I did for a living bearable.

FredC

Village Idiot
I know where to find Dr. Buzzard's grandson, who received his "power", for after you try all this other stuff

Reactions: Nomad74

randy

Name
Randy
This business can be very hard on the body. Lets face it, it's a youngman's ballgame filled with old guys. My neice in the 2rd grade recently told me I'm now "very, very old and totally uncool too " for carrying a Iphone 6s. The uncool part I can handle but take away my icy hot and we have a problem.

Every cleaner needs: 1) An excellent massage theropist. Look for one certified through Palmer Institute or the equivalent NOT your neighborhood jerk joint. 2) Chiropractor but search for a decent one. Like carpet cleaners 90% of them suck. Ask around and read views. 3) A quality mattress, don't go economy on this. 4) An excellent desk chair that supports you. Drop $1,000-1500 and get one that will last a lifetime. The cheap $100 staples/costco crap is part of the problem. 5) Well made supportive shoes. Not just your cleaning sneaks, every pair you wear. GO HIGH END. Bad, cheap junk shoes can slowly criple you. 6) Icey hot in cream , Icey hot in spray and roll on too. Buy all three if you are over 40.
7) There are these disposable plastic bag thingys you get at Walmart that you can fill with water to make ice cubes. They fold over knees, backs and ankles very well.

F

FB7777

While you have your wallet out looking for the miracle cure

Invest in a helper

Past a certain age, there are very few men that can carry the load solo and make enough to provide for their future into retirement

And lay off the fast food:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom