My HOSS Experience

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I purchase a slightly used HOSS about 4 months ago, mainly to use on high traffic areas in my rentals. Worked great for this purpose and put a little life back into the carpet. After about 3 weeks I discovered that one of the spray bars had broken off and in taking in off discovered two others that were cracked. Ordered the replacements and it took about 3 weeks for them to arrive. Used the HOSS for another month or so then when loading up for a job the cheap aluminum axle broke into. So I ordered a replacement axle and was told with the new axle I also would have to order new wheels which I did. I received my order yesterday again after a 3 week wait and to my surprise the replacements wheels were not in the box. So I have to call today to find out the status of my wheels and I'm sure I will have to wait another 3 weeks to get them. I was pleasantly surprised that the new axle was made of stainless (so I assume there have been many axles broken that we're made of aluminum) I was disappointed that I had to pay for this replacement when when it was obviously a design flaw.
To top it off when I purchase it the seller said that SS was going to replace the sight tube (clear one with the upgraded blue version) and to this day he has never received it from the supplier he purchased the HOSS from.
So, my experience with the HOSS is,at best, lax luster. I think results are descent however I would never purchase another due to the slow shipping times of replacement parts.
a2uje9ag.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
your situation has nothing to do with the machine or its performance......but with that being said...your not the first one that has had the same exact problem...

It's called lack of commutation between supplier and distributor...........

the axle and wheels should of been replaced at no cost...the distributor should of taken down the serial number and called it in....then they would of checked and made sure that this machine was not updated to the new axle and wheels....and if it was updated to the newer blue style site tube thingy......

if the serial number showed that it was not all up dated then it should of been sent to you at no charge......

Did your distrubitor know this and was just trying to make a buck....or were they not informed...??

as far as the flow bars breaking....don't know...I have pounded both of mine for well over a year with not a single one breaking....
but your not the only one that has had a few break..........

3 weeks is a bit to much...but who knows why...or on what end the delay started..........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree go back to the distributor, you are his customer, he should be taking care of you. No you shouldn't have to pay for replacement parts on a unit that new. The least your distributor should do is give you some credit in cleaning solutions.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Billy
Scott Harlib from Sapphire has called and left you a messgae to contact him please do at your earliest convenience. The axle was changed in production on 09/14/11 the sight tube you are referring to was changed on 09/12/11. Both would have qualified for warranty upgrading. I don't understand why either the person you bought the unit from or the distributor hadn't taken care of this. In any event we will as we always do. In the future call the Sapphire people directly at 866-445-3030 or if they don't respond send me a pm so that we can resolve these types of issues directly as I'm certian we could have saved you a ton of frustration.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Billy, I am just curious.
Was there ever a call or email exchanged regarding correcting this issue prior to it being made public?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Bill,
My wife did tell me that someone from SS did call today and leave contact info. I will not be able to return that call until Thursday and thanks for following up.
Olfer, to answer your curiosity question no I did not, I let my frustration build up and then reacted hastily I suppose. My supplier did inform me today that the wheels will be at their place by Thursday and I will have them by Monday. Now to find out if I should have paid for any of it.

Reactions: ruff

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I swing the 360i like a work release inmate with a weedeater in empties : )

Time is the money fellers

Reactions: Russ T.

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
Call Hoss directly and talk to the owner Jeff. He is a good guy and bends over backwards for his distributors. Let him know your displeasure from your local dealer. The number is 760-936-8054. Bobby in customer service is helpful as well.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
By Friday I had received all the necessary updates for my Hoss to get it up to speed with all the updates.Thanks Bill &Scott

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
To slow for me and my techs, I once had a Rotovac and hated it for being way to slow. Time is money!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Todd, don't you have an inch and 3/4 westpack wand? I thought I saw you with it on one of your video's. If so where did you find a glide to fit it? I have one laying around my shop I was going to re build and pimp it out with the glide

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just can't get over how slow everybody seems to be with those tools. Why is it necessary to keep going back over the same places? I would think that those 12 extra passes in one swipe would be enough?

Name
Kevin McCreary
I noticed that a lot of people over clean carpets with rotary extraction too! I've been running an RX 20 since the 80's and I can fly with it and get great results and great dry times too. Most people don't even know that your supposed to clean your way in to a job, always standing on clean carpet. Then you don't have to mess with hoses, they just follow you in to the job. Then edge your way back out with a wand. Even an RX 20 manual will tell you that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom