My HOSS Experience

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I noticed that a lot of people over clean carpets with rotary extraction too! I've been running an RX 20 since the 80's and I can fly with it and get great results and great dry times too. Most people don't even know that your supposed to clean your way in to a job, always standing on clean carpet. Then you don't have to mess with hoses, they just follow you in to the job. Then edge your way back out with a wand. Even an RX 20 manual will tell you that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Same here......I can move at a pretty good pace....get a great cleaning....

Start at the doorway....work yourself all the way to the far point.....disconnect....get it out of your way.....grab wand...edge real quick...few dry strokes down the center as I as working back out the door....

Name
Todd
I would fire a guy for wasting that much time. Total overkill and backwards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Maybe you are running a bigger ™ with more vacuum so you can clean faster? Either way it turned out great and the custy was very happy. I was concerned with streaking also. I'm still running the staggered jets. This was an important job that needed to be done right. Thanks for your info on cleaning backwards. I will try that next time.

I know that I do a lot of dry stokes and clean the carpet to the best of my ability with what I have to operate with. I'm sure Your business system wouldn't work for me and i'm sure mine wouldn't work for you either. Thanks for watching my videos.

Last edited:
Name
Todd
Same here......I can move at a pretty good pace....get a great cleaning....

Start at the doorway....work yourself all the way to the far point.....disconnect....get it out of your way.....grab wand...edge real quick...few dry strokes down the center as I as working back out the door....

Jim i'm sure you can clean much faster with your SS 570 vs my little Prochem Blazer. Thanks for the info on your cleaning process. That does sound like it would be faster.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
No doubt, the Hoss and other Rotary steam cleaners look like they do a great job. And with a good operator they have decent production rate.

I wonder though, what it would take on an engineering level to make them clean faster than a good high flow wand?

Not a criticism of Todd (seems like great results.) However, I was practically biting my nails viewing the slow, painful to watch, progress of cleaning in that video. My wife actually had to restrain me from grabbing my Ti and jumping right in, through the monitor, to help and get this, painfully slow process, done :winky: .

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No doubt, the Hoss and other Rotary steam cleaners look like they do a great job. And with a good operator they have decent production rate.

I wonder though, what it would take on an engineering level to make them clean faster than a good high flow wand?

Not a criticism of Todd (seems like great results.) However, I was practically biting my nails viewing the slow, painful to watch, progress of cleaning in that video. My wife actually had to restrain me from grabbing my Ti and jumping right in, through the monitor, to help and get this painfully slow process done :winky: .

For the Hoss.....

PC220821.jpg

PB290800.jpg

this is all it takes.........

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Jim.
If I understand correctly:
Get all the water bars to be the long ones and not staggered?
I assume it is a pressure regulator?

What kind of time saving do you get (%) compared with the stock Hoss?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thanks Jim.
If I understand correctly:
Get all the water bars to be the long ones and not staggered?
I assume it is a pressure regulator?

What kind of time saving do you get (%) compared with the stock Hoss?

If you look close at the picture....all long bars are staggered......this completely eliminates streaking.....
the needle valve will give you finger control for the amount of flow....if you are coming to a really dirty area...open it up and give it more of a flush....not so dirty areas....turn it down......

once you get the feel for this...you can fly with this machine....
the stock Hoss you have to slow yourself down more.....not enough flush for the little jet bars to do there job.......

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Jim.
About the needle valve:

Do you know how much (by the dial numbers) it reduces off the pressure at machine?
How long does it last?
Where do you buy it?
And any reason it should not work well with a regular wand as well? It seems to stick out a bit. Do you think it will withstand the rough and tumble of being on a wand? (The setting on the Hoss seem to give it more protection.)

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thanks Jim.
About the needle valve:

Do you know how much (by the dial numbers) it reduces off the pressure at machine?
How long does it last?
Where do you buy it?
And any reason it should not work well with a regular wand as well? It seems to stick out a bit. Do you think it will withstand the rough and tumble of being on a wand? (The setting on the Hoss seem to give it more protection.)

No I do not...and I have not really found a way to check it....but to be honest...I just want it to do what I need it to and never really put much thought into it....
If I have my truck set a 400 PSI..and I have the valve wide open...I should be getting that at the rotary......turn it all the way down and it is off....open it half way and I should be around 200...how accurate that is...I don't know...but I would assume it is pretty close.......

the one I have on my first Hoss has been on there since........September of 2012...no problems with it yet.....

Wintrax......part number..N400B..for the 1/4 inch....about $28.00

I made one of these for my wand...or any other tool that I may need it on....works really good for UPH tools that you may have to turn the pressure down on the machine to use....just hook this up and saves you trips out to the truck....or duel wanding...one guy and regulate his pressure to do UPH and another can crank his up to do carpet or what ever......Comes in handy....once you make one...you won't want to leave home without it........

PB160978_zpsb296b2e0.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom