My new Devastator filter and more toys

Mikey P

Administrator

Sorry about the sound..

Perfect fit..

XzTQhVO029OmeYSx5ZY60yd0RNNbnYvjdcUC89PxTmBZTnQzr_R-UwbQBOF8z6rpePwYmqPxwLdaPlds98=w1698-h955-no.jpg

Ctyc5aVPY94kIXl4zDN83v7mzs06AvQJR1iwAPPHAgXQ-SV4y7J-P1maRDy-vth2TrfQGNNczqrR8fGx9g=w1698-h955-no.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Thanks Mike,
One thing just make sure the Hd bag is sitting down on the ring kinda have to give it a little push to set it. Enjoy it, I wish I was closer I would run over there and let you try out the NO NAME .

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
where and why you coming to NV? Probably asking for the 2000th time...LOL

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I need a Dev filter in a bad way. I thought they were done w/ the PC model? What made you go that way?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Mike, I am sending you a extra 2" lid, so you can set it up like you were saying in the video.....at the end of your first run of 2.5 hose.

I also run 2.5 hose on my PC L, I have found it much more effiecent to have a short 2.5 hose that goes to from TM to the ground @ 3' or so. I just set it beside my TM, so when I set up, I hook 2.5 hose up, set Dev down on the ground and plug it in.

Now I also have 100' of 2.0 that comes off reel FIRST if I can reach the job with that I use a adapter (I made it) that slips into the 2.5 port so I can just hook the hose to my Dev.

If my job needs more than 100' I have my 2.5 cut in 25' sections and if I get into the 2.5 I then just take out adapter and hook the 2.5 hose up the the Dev.

This keeps you from having to walk the filter up the hose run, everything is set up right at the van, the Dev will easily (most of the time) never need to be checked on one job......If it DOES then the Dev is already out by the van where you have your service rinse hose that can quickly spray down filter bag to get you back up and going.
I have not noticed any real gain by taking a filter UP the hose run...UNLESS it is a step down filter, meaning it has a bigger set up on the van side vs the job side....4 2 door or 2.5 with a job side port being a 2.0.

I will post pics but it is basically the same as Mike Drapper's pic of his twin Dev's

Mikey P

Administrator
Any performance testing done on where to install the filter?

Is a few to ten feet away from the truck any more or less effective than at the end of the first 50?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I have not noticed any gain worth going up hose run when filter is straight through flow meaning 2.0 x 2.0 or 2.5 x 2.5

It is just a way easier set up to just drop down and hook up by the van, the other reason for this also is sometimes at least for us the filter would end up being placed in a awkword place, stairs, or just off the front porch you know what I mean, and then we would have to pull off a whole extra section of vac hose to get it to sit in a good spot.

Setting it down by van.....it is the same everytime.

Also it makes your step down from 2.5 to 2.0 on your hose run nice and smooth as it is just done with a cuff and that is much easier to bring 10 or 15' into the home if need be to reach the back of the job.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I need a Dev filter in a bad way. I thought they were done w/ the PC model? What made you go that way?
Mike is specail, in all honesty the PVC is way harder to make, and because it varies in size, it caused a bunch of headache, because our ss inserts need to be adjusted to almost every filter housing.
I have some original GUYS that have supported us from the beginning, and I do make exceptions for them, but as far as mass production it is not cost effective for the pvc.

Reactions: Mike Draper

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Mike my pre-heater is awesome, the bummer is most TM's today are going blower/engine exhaust combo.

My little Legend stays around 230+* ATM it is the best thing I have done to the Legend for heat, it is 100% free meaning no extra fuel at all.

In fact it has made me change my whole outlook on my PC L. I am in a awkword kinda place, YES I WOULD LOVE a new TM but at the same time I love working on new things, and the truth is the Little Legend does fine for what I am cleaning, I honestly can't justify getting a new machine as of yet and limit my funds that I need to go to Tim and out progression on the ideas we have.

Many think I maybe making a ton of money on the filters but really that is not the case, yes they make us money but it is NOT what so many think. We have a very simple life and we have decided to keep it that way so we can keep moving forward with my other ideas.

So I have plans on just doing a restore on the PC L, and it is getting close to it.....I will go with a 25 hp Kohler and spin the blower a little more and probably call it good, the PC L my BIGGEST complaint has been heat, but with my pre heater I have a steady average of 200-205 ATW so to me that is plenty of heat.
It produces enough to keep my Zipper blowing a bit of steam out the sides as I clean and that is good for me.

I have poeple say that the pre heater is putting back pressure on the engine....this is not true the way we designed it...it is not possible the PC has a 1 1/4 pipe our pre heater is about 2.5" of internal flow so no restrictions in flow are happening.

I believe the whole secret to good heat is having plenty of water in reserve to work with, many Tm's of old had a water box that may have held a gallon or two, its purpose was to creat a loop for the pump is all......but as you can see the newer TM's as of latley are going with much larger water boxes, (and just better designs) but they have learned that ample reserve water is much easier to regulate temps, it is not as quickly altered as the system warms up, and once that optimum temp is reached we are now seeing more and more TM's capable of getting burner type heat from there systems.
My two buddies 570 and 870 are really two amazing TM's and after looking at them and trying them out all I can say is wow very very good heat, so much so it is almost impossible to get them to COOL BACK DOWN when the job is done.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My end goal.......

Is to be able to leave or give something to my kids, either being the carpet cleaning company, or the products we end up producing, I just would like to be able to provide them with some sort of stability as they grow older....if they choose to do so.
For me, aw I am just hoping to keep being able to go to the shows and meet and BS with the guys that I just read there posts, this has just happened in the last year or so and it has been a lot of fun getting to meet the guys even if it is just for a few days.

Mike Draper

Tom's a great guy, glad he doesnt live in my town or we would a larger concoction of gadjets and gizmos and our wives would be even more pissed at us for spending all our money and time together.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
So here comes a stupid question.....I know how to run a machine and clean carpet and am just recently learning some of the more technical aspects so bear with me, I like the sound of this filter, we are using the Mytee Lint Hog and I hate it. It clogs up fast and it seems like it drags down our CFM. We have a White Magic 18hp Kohler with a 45 blower. First question, would this filter be a big improvement, and also, we run 2 inch hose all the way. Would we have to switch to 2.5 inch for the most part to get better air flow?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom